Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCan Arabs and Turks Unite?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Arabs and Turks Unite?
    Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 00:06

Originally posted by LeftEyeNine

Muhammed is a Prophet sen to all humankind. He is not an Arab hero. You can not take it that way.

It is true that MUHAMMAD (SAWS) is our Prophet, and it's also true he was chosen among Arabs. He was the reason for the Arabic people's unification, although his intention wasn't that. Arabic people have every right to claim him as their national hero, if the term nation is concerned.

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

But this also cant be considered as betraying God. All people dont have to believe God the same way you do.

I never said people should believe in ALLAH the same way as I do. Puzzled you get that from my comments. Believe in what you think is right. I don't even care if you are a Buddist or Christian. If you undersand Islam in different way, well it's your understanding.  I think Turban is a right thing for Moslem women. That's all.  I won't force my willing to anybody else, even to my wife or daughters.  

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Of course you may, noone said a word about this. Religious rules are for the person and his own ideology. But religious state law, is proved to be out of order.

I didn't support religious state law, either. But truth is state law against religion is also proved to be out of order.  Banning always leads to extremes. Tell me my friend, why it hasn't become a political issue in Malaysia?

We should learn to be tolerant. Last week I met a friend who came from Turkey. He is an economics student in Istanbul University. He told me a lot of things about Turkey, which made me very sad and disappointed. I was most upset, when he told me that in his class, there is a group who are extreme nationalists and a group who are extreme religious. And the two groups don't talk to each other. Is it something my friend made up, or do you also know such cases, since you live in Turkey? What has made them like this? Isn't it the policy based on Kamalism? The Turkish society is being splited itself, how come they can unite with other societies?   

Either make a history or become a history.
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 04:12

the topics that have emerged from this subject is amazing. the reason why i opened this subject is for us to find some kind of connection between brothers all over the world and what better connection is there then our beloved religion.so please people i will very much appreciate it if we have more tolerence between each other.

Now may i ask this question to all u arabs and turks that love ur race more then ur religion? Which one of use have actually chose to be a Arab or a Turk in this world?

The anser is no one has that power to chose the nation u are a part of. The way i see it we cud have easily been born an afrcan in the middle of Kenya(eg) were people are starving to death. No we did not choose none of this. the only thing that Allah has given us independants of choice is the way we live our life and our Religion and elhamdullilah we Choose to be Muslims. Yer sur some of us are born muslims but they have the choice to not accept it dont they.

the point i am trying to make is the bond of islam shud be more much more stronger then the bond of nationalism. its tru that what we say now will not affect the muslim governments but if we can share common goals and intrest in this forum then i beleive theres hope for us in the future inshallah.

Esselamun Aleykum

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 04:54
With all due respect, as long as we have people who think they have "noble blood", unification will be possible only on Age of Empires II 
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 10:10

oTToMAn_TurK, i fully understand what you are saying and my opinion on the subject is that yes they can unite, But it shouldn't be a ONE leader union or anything of that, they should unite politically and economically for their and their population's benifit.

and that by forgetting the bad past and remember the good once, everybody has  their ups and downs, As an Arab i think we can unite with Turks and benifit each other with no problems.

the question is will both forget the past?? will both stop calling themselfs names ??  

i think yes, its a matter of media and education and get back to what originally made this part of the world unite.

when? how?i dont know, but obviously not anytime soon, both sides are suffereing and recovering from the last century's wars and occupations. Arabs has many corrupted governments and Turkey is looking toward the west to solve its economical problems.

wish the best to all Turks and Arabs.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2005 at 10:54

I didn't support religious state law, either. But truth is state law against religion is also proved to be out of order.  Banning always leads to extremes. Tell me my friend, why it hasn't become a political issue in Malaysia?

Agreed.

But about the comparison of Turkey with Mlaysia, the issue is far more complicated here man. I am serious. We can discuss them later. Anyway, I guess I clearly declared my idea about this issue and I mostly agree with you. Tenri bless you...

I think Turban is a right thing for Moslem women. That's all.  I won't force my willing to anybody else, even to my wife or daughters.  

Also agreed. Turban is also allowed in Turkey but not in government courts and universities, altough I am totally against such implementations, but I just dont want you to think one sided. That's all...

Edited by Oguzoglu
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2005 at 06:58
Originally posted by oTToMAn_TurK

>I believe inshallah we will unite one day under one mighty ISLAMIC STATE>

Amin...

Edited by 1001nights
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 12:34
Originally posted by oTToMAn_TurK

I believe inshallah we will unite one day under one mighty ISLAMIC STATE

No, thanks...

We all know what happened to Ottoman Empire.

Edited by Barış
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 13:19

It looks like every Turk, repeat same thing.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 14:21
It looks like every Turk, repeat same thing.

Except you?
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 14:21
No, I said it too
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 16:52
agree.we should get closer on benefit of all sides but unification is far away
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 17:05

I totally agree, absorbing 70 million Turks in one nation is tough. Unification is a dream.

By the way, Enver Pasha destroyed the Ottomans not the almighty non-beatable bedouins on camals

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 17:07
it was 72m I think  also how many Arabs are there in total?
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 17:09

Oh no, not again the population argument. 

D.J. Kaufman
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 17:13
no argument.why would be? never heard of an argument on pop between arabs and turks,my was out of curiosity.

nevermind.I can find out myself
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 17:19

no Dear Erci,

The argument was not between Arab and Turks, was between Turks and Turks .

Anyhow, 65.5 as the Turkish Embassy in Washington DC says, or 75 million as Hulagu Han, or 70 million as Erci or 69 million as CIA, who cares! May Allah bless them all and make them 80 million and invade Europe soon

D.J. Kaufman
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 17:34

"""We all know what happened to Ottoman Empire"""

do you really!!!

1st The only thing Turks want to remember that Arabs turned aginst them, but never asked themselves{not arabs} why?

2nd arn't we talking as Muslims, since when Turks or Arabs or Kurds or Persian has a lot to do with you{or me} being a Muslim!!! And Muslims won't do good untill they look at each other as brother and sisters, not as enemies just because of races that England put to saperate them

3id and last.... When you talk to Turkish people, it is always about the ottman empier! as if the arabic empiers didn't exist beofre...

@oTToMAn_TurK..

Selamlar... thanks for the topic...

Edited by 1001nights
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 17:37
65 sounds quite old to me maybe in late 80's or 90's but today it's more than 70 for sure.we don't have eye on Europe, we want Arab lands back 
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 17:41

Sorry, won't happen, try with Kirkuk. Might work after kissing USA's feet

D.J. Kaufman
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 17:44
kissing feet is not in Turkish Literature 

Edited by erci
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>