Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCan Arabs and Turks Unite?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Arabs and Turks Unite?
    Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 11:29

Well the way it is now id say it is rather difficult to say the least.

Selamun Aleykum. As a new member id like to intrduce my self. My name is Yasin and im an Australian born muslim with Turkish parents. i am not a nationalist infact the only thing that interests me about turkish history is after they converted to islam. before that i cudnt care less. our time is purely an unfortunate time in which nationalism has effected us all. even here in australia the turks and the arabs are always in conflict about who has a better history. even in the world cup 2002 after turkey lost to brazil u wud see arabs wering brazilian scarfs the next day in skool.   while the turks are no better.

i guess my question is that is it really that hard to look at each other as muslim brothers (ummah) rather then categorising different sects and races? Allah had said:

O you who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared and die not except in a state of Islam.  And hold fast all together by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you) and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favor on you; for you were enemies and He joined your hearts in love so that by His grace you became brethren; and you were on the brink of the pit of fire and He saved you from it.  Thus does Allah make his signs clear to you: that you may be guided. (3:102-3)> >

>I believe inshallah we will unite one day under one mighty ISLAMIC STATE>

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 11:37

peh, Arab cannot unite with other arabs, and It is same for Turks too.No need to dreaming.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 11:38

Unification for now is impossible. From our corrupted leaders here in the Arab world to the fanatic ruling Army of Turkey. Allmost impossible is better I guess.

I'm surprised of such conflicts between Arabs and Turks in Australia! I thought living away from your environment will get you out of nationalism and put you in a bigger picture. I guess this is due to each party sticking with their fellow members. Arab Australians with Arabs, and Turkish Australians with Turks.

And no my friend, during world cup 2002, I was supporting so hard for Turkey. It is good to see a new face and to prove that a middle eastern and muslim country can acheive something on sports too, as we are all behind in everything else

I was so mad for that unfair penalty in the first game betwen Brazil and Turkey. Rivaldo was a cheater, but he got the experience to trick the refree

And Turks are famouse for kicking asses, and nothing better when they had to prove that to English fanatic Hologans when they wanted to start a riot and a mess in the game of Galtasaray and they ended being kicked and 3 killed. Though, it is sad they were killed, but the point that those animals know now where to respect a hosting country

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 12:21

Unification for now is impossible. From our corrupted leaders here in the Arab world to the fanatic ruling Army of Turkey. Allmost impossible is better I guess.

How about the organisation of Islamic countries (OIC) although it is no real union is this international agreement which has about 57 member states making ralatoins between muslim countries better coz what i no from here it is a very successful campaign openly denouncing terrorism in which even the Russian Federation is having intersest in joining.

I'm surprised of such conflicts between Arabs and Turks in Australia! I thought living away from your environment will get you out of nationalism and put you in a bigger picture. I guess this is due to each party sticking with their fellow members. Arab Australians with Arabs, and Turkish Australians with Turks.

its simply getting past on from generation to generation like a will but as the second and third generations mature as u sed we are getting to look in the bigger picture but unfortunately not all. partly coz of what u sed (each party sticking with their fellow members) and also coz of different jemat teachings.

And no my friend, during world cup 2002, I was supporting so hard for Turkey.

and i am very glad to here that becoz i was also going for other muslim countries lik s arabia, tunisia, nigeria and senegal. but im just talking from experience from the reactions of my lebanese MUSLIM class mates.

It is good to see a new face and to prove that a middle eastern and muslim country can acheive something on sports too, as we are all behind in everything else

lol baaaad

I was so mad for that unfair penalty in the first game betwen Brazil and Turkey. Rivaldo was a cheater, but he got the experience to trick the refree

Tell me about it. it was at the last 3 minutes aswell. so close to draw with the best in the world

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 12:39

And Turks are famouse for kicking asses, and nothing better when they had to prove that to English fanatic Hologans when they wanted to start a riot and a mess in the game of Galtasaray and they ended being kicked and 3 killed. Though, it is sad they were killed, but the point that those animals know now where to respect a hosting country

Yeah...

Holigans had a hard time with the kabadays of Taksim. They tried to burn Turkish flag and unfortunately they paid it with their lives...

we unite one day under one mighty Islamic state

Why should we? Inshallah we dont. Pan-Islamism is no good. Same for Turanism.

fanatic ruling Army of Turkey

You can accuse them with lots of things, including dictatorship (altough they are supported by most of the people), being non-democratic etc., but fanaticism is not one of them. They are there to avoid fanaticism. I dont say I support all of the actions they take or I am a fan of anyone, but we need the military to prevent the fanatics gaining the control of our country...

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 12:43

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

[but we need the military to prevent the fanatics gaining the control of our country...

and how can those muslim "fanatics" gain a control of the country if they weren't supported by people election? . You know the ground support for them is tremendously hight that requires military intervention.

don't worry, we have enough dictatorship in our countries, but how comes you can go to university with Hijab in England but not in Turkey! Turkey is a Muslim country for god sake!

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 12:49
Turkish government is a secular republic. Hence not a moslem country. The majority of citizens are moslems though. Universities and public office share the regulation of banning the veil (female headscarf).
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 12:55
I don't think they will ever be truly united because there is just too vast a difference between their cultures. They could be united in some form of empire, but empires never last - and there would never be universal happiness or satisfaction. What makes one group happy would devastate another group.

Arabs, I find, put much more pride into government than Turks. Not saying the people are proud of their governments, but officials themselves consider their actions to be an expression of the pride and honor of their country. Politics seems to be so much more than just politics in the Arab world. Leaders in areas with full or partial democracy tend to be very popular with their supporters and charismatic.

Turkey, I find, works more on the idea that politics is just politics and there's less drama and flaunting the nation in politics. There is a saying in Bosnia that goes: "While the Arab tells you of 3,000 year old conquests, the Turk makes a new one of his own."

Combine this with cultural differences, for example - the commonly held Turkish belief that religion is a private, family affair and not to be governed by the state - with the commonly held Arab practice that religion is state-governed (despite that polls, like those in Iraq, that show many Arabs feel it should not be) - and you've got a conflict. I relate more to the Turkish side, it's what I believe, but that doesn't mean I think the Arabs are wrong and our ways of life must be enforced on them. So I wouldn't be happy living in an empire where they were forced to live as we do, or vice versa.

So united in a single country will not work, but as long as we respect each other's differences and come together to tackle the issues that are feeding depression, desperation, and terrorism...we will do fine.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 13:02

Originally posted by Mila

There is a saying in Bosnia that goes: "While the Arab tells you of 3,000 year old conquests, the Turk makes a new one of his own."

You mean 1400 years. Arabs were not conquering in the past 3000 years, they were actually being conquered. And as the Abbasid empire lasted a thousand year, the Ottoman lasted also almost a thousdand year. I wonder what it the origin of that saying.

Originally posted by Mila

with the commonly held Arab practice that religion is state-governed (despite that polls, like those in Iraq, that show many Arabs feel it should not be)

Actually three fourth of the Arab countries are secular or in a form of secularism. From Tunisa, to Syria, to post-saddam iraq, to Egypt...etc. Turkey is secular with the protection of the Army, but it is clear people will push for more Islamic governments such as Arbakan's government and now Erdogan's government...etc

D.J. Kaufman
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 13:05

and how can those muslim "fanatics" gain a control of the country if they weren't supported by people election? . You know the ground support for them is tremendously hight that requires military intervention.

Well, when the Islamic fanatics (whose percentage change with the different olitical waves) form about %20 of our population. But when they decide to unite all their votes in one sheriat supporting party and the rest of the voters cant unite their votes to avoid our masterpiece to dissolve, there we need the military to act...

don't worry, we have enough dictatorship in our countries, but how comes you can go to university with Hijab in England but not in Turkey!

Yeah, about the hijab issue, I also dont support our policies. People should be able to wear whatever they want, it may be bikinis or a hijab, it isnt our business.

But on the other hand, believe me, some people who wear hijab are doing this just for political purposes. Of course forbidding it in universities and majlis isnt the proper method, and I agree with you on this issue. But could you please tell me, when a woman with hijab uses her right to be involved in the majlis (which is against sheria and a secular right), what kind of mentality can she claim right to wear the hijab in the majlis?

Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 13:16

we unite one day under one mighty Islamic state

Why should we? Inshallah we dont. Pan-Islamism is no good. Same for Turanism.

Why would u say that as u no our lands from nigeria to kazakistan are full of natural resources that allah has provide us. north africa has the best reserves for natural gas mor then any other place in the earth. obviuosly the petrol that is just erupting allover the persian gulf and araibia is almost endless. tajikistan and kirgizstan is one of the worlds most famous aliminium exporters. and turkey has the highest percentage of bor maden which is used for rocket fuel i think. not to mention the historical advantages of nearly all muslim nations from ancient eygyptian to mesopotamian civilisations and from the eastern roman capital to the hitit civilisation. these places are blessed with tourist attractions.

while geographically muslim nations surround the sea ports that connect from the black sea to the mediteranen and from the mediteranean to the indian ocean. and since allah has commanded us to be united i see no harm in it. infact its nothing but benefits.

Nationalism is the real problem here if we can jump this we can do anything

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 13:19
Let me tell you when are we going to unite, enshallah when Syria united with Turkey!
D.J. Kaufman
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 13:55
^ The world map is wrong. They completely ignore Albania. Bosnia isn't even on the map - and Greece should be at least yellow.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 14:04

Universities and public office share the regulation of banning the veil (female headscarf).

And this is wrong.

By the way, Mila is right, we are different than each other. Friendship can be fine, but an union mostly will reason conflicts.

Instead of union with others, we should interest with our country. Almost all islamic country is like hell. We should change this.

I love other muslims, I dont give any less interest them to another turk, but I am sure they prefer to become rich, instead of a neighbor to a Turk, and same for me.

Instead of dream, we should follow to realities.

By the way, for that natural resources, they mean nothing. Lets hope, instead of natural resources, Allah  provide us with more knowledge and brain.

LeftEyeNine View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 14:56

This is the most ridiculous stuff I've ever seen..

I avoid any and every Arab who stabbed back us, selling their souls to the British. Remember your history, Turk!..

I'd prefer dying instead of seeing the day such a day can get real..

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 14:59

why dont you just die, and spare us another stupid discussion?

We will pray from your back, arabic. 3 kulhu bir Elham

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 18:46
I don't see any reason to unite.Only thing we have in common with Arabs is happened to be the religion.We even differ on that too.we can get closer no doubt but getting unite is way beyond dreams.Don't get me wrong but I don't even think an alliance would work.anyways, this idea is out of question for both sides as it seems.few supporters from Arabs and Turks maybe, like Mortaza from Turkish side

hijab or turban law as i know is the only solution for Turkey.this law should stay as it is.it's none of my bussines who's wearing it or who's not but as oguzoglu said it has become a political issue.WE have to control it.

I don't have any problem with my grandmother or anyone covering her head but seeing women covered all black with only eyes open is betreyal to Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.same goes for men wear just like women and carry all kind of flags except Turkish one!
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 19:31

@Mortaza

Arabic is the language of Kur'an-i Kerim. I love it. Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. As long as Allah does not wish, I'm happy being alive. Keep yourself out of "die!" commands to avoid any more sins, brother..

Arabs - as a nation - at the end of the list I'd like to unite with. Oil fathers covering everything with gold and addicted to luxury... Way too far lifestyle from a proud Turk.

Do you like it that way ?  Please let me live..

Edited by LeftEyeNine
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 19:52

The Poison is injected

The giant (ummah) is asleep

His chained into sections (Nations)

To keep him off his feet

The mission is forgotten

The bond is getting weak

Wake up oh muslim ummah

BEFORE WE FACE THE HEAT!!!!

Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 20:10
What is this all about ? Supporting bomber freaks or someone who say that they are out to Jihad ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>