Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed.:: Afghan Empires ::.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AFG-PaShTuN View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: .:: Afghan Empires ::.
    Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 01:24
Salaamoona....

My Afghan buddies...since we are a proud CA race, we need to input some info about ourselves in this section....we should start off with Ancient Empires first....ok.....bring it on...!

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 01:25
Be sure to add lots of pictures : D
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 09:46
Sounds good. Maybe someone would start off with the B.C. years and we could go on up through the ages.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 09:22

since i am roughly 15% Afgan (Pathan) i would love to know more about there history. ALl that i currently know in depth is the anglo-afghan wars and after, nothing on Afghan empires though.

Does Babur empire count, since technically he his origins lay with Uzbekistan.

tadamson View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 12:09

Ther have been several empires based in what is now Afghanistan.

eg the Ghurids created a large and powerfull state.

rgds.

Tom..
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 14:12
Kushan? The Guys the Sassanids put an end to.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2005 at 22:41
Originally posted by OSMANLI

since i am roughly 15% Afgan (Pathan) i would love to know more about there history. ALl that i currently know in depth is the anglo-afghan wars and after, nothing on Afghan empires though.

Does Babur empire count, since technically he his origins lay with Uzbekistan.

Well the issue is not only what Empires could be considered "Afghan" and what empires would not exist WITHOUT the help of Afghans.

Afghan Dynasties include the Suri, Lodhi, Khilji, Hotaki, and Abdali.

Afghan Empires include the Durrani/Abdali & Khilji Confederacy of Mirwais. 

Empires that enlisted Afghans to enforce their domains, or expand their empires would include - Kharijites, Ghorids, Ghaznavids, Khwarazmi, Moghuls, Safavids, and Afsharids.  

One thing is for certain, most Afghans have better luck creating empires in other countries and lands than their own.  I think the reason for this is the sheer amount of hostility and jealousy among Pakhtuns in their own homeland. 

The power of one tribe will be checked by another, and so this checks & balances system makes sure no tribe bests the other.  No tribe who wishes to have good relations with its neighbor can make a unilateral decision without a jirga, or council to settle the issue.

The only time this checks & balances was not used was under the Durrani Empire, in which Ahmad Shah was elected King of the Afghans by a council of elders in Kandahar.  He kept his power by paying off rival tribesmen, or expelling dissenters to other lands.  He was a great leader and during his peak, his army included a good portion of all the allied Durrani tribes, over 30,000 Khiljis, 5,000+ Qezelbash and Uzbeks of Afsharis army, and over 100,000 horsemen from Pukhtunkhwa.  

He administered in the Persian form of enlisting trusted friends & relatives  to rule in different territories, but after his death the inflated empire crumbled soon after Abdali's death with the arrival of Sikh/British/Russian expansion into their territories, and the Qajars in Persia.  Afghan Kings still rested nominal control in Balkh, Badakhshan, Herat, and some of Turkestan, but not completely until the arrival of Abdur Rahman Khan, also known as the "Iron Emir" in which toda's borders for the nation is founded on.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2005 at 08:12

Yes, iam aware of the Pathans bravery. If iam correct in saying modern Afghanistan has never lost their nation to any one. Not the British nor the Russians. The Americans are still battling and have still not been able to control the country. So thats three 'super powers' against little old Afghanistan.

May Allah return peace to this land

AFG-PaShTuN View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2005 at 03:56

Salaamona,

Sorry for not putting in anything for a long time, anyways, i'm currently a bit busy with my studies and roza, as i am finished with them i will get back and discuss Afghan history.

Wish youse happy Roza/Ramadan.

bang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2005 at 07:18

pashtons & empires LOOOL plese

-If you have something to add, then do so with a better amount of intellect than the kind you have shown here.-Seko

*To the Dungeon*

Edited by Seko
bang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 11:19

admins and moderators,

Can I say I hate pashtons with a valid reason?

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 11:22
Hate sounds like a strong word. So not really. But if you think you can be reasonable about it go ahead. What's the reason? 
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2005 at 12:40

There is no reason to hate a whole people - ever.

bang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 05:42

zagros, why not? Just look at their 250 - 300yrs of history.

I just CANNOT find anything positive about them.

They traded half of afghanistan with british india.

They invited the Russians into afghanistan for $$$ where millions of innocent lives were lost.

Later on, when going got tough they invited arabs, pakistanis and 1000s of men from other nationlities.

Taliban or pashton millitias....destroyed the buddhas, and massacred non- pashtons with the help of pakistani army.

I'm sorry but they are complete disgrace and its laughable when they brag about courage.

If they had an ounce of courage and bravery they wouldnt have invited outsiders and massacre non-pashtons.

They bomb girls schools, they trade little girls for drugs (the one that was traded and documented on BBC was only 8 years old!)

They are against all sorts of education xcept poisoning young children's mind with hatred of non-pashtons and non-muslims.

from the young age, they are thought how to abuse women, and kill kill kill and killl!

anyways enuf said.

Edited by bang
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 08:57
So people are responsible for the actions of their leaders?
bang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 09:25

Originally posted by Zagros

So people are responsible for the actions of their leaders?

NO no...im not talkin about pashton leader(s)...im talkin about pashton people...thats how they are....

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 10:07

Bang, your negative opinions on Pashtons of Afghanistan does not hold water.

You tend to generalize too much (they).

You say they invited the Russians into their country when, in fact, it was Babrak Kemal who had that dubious honor. He did so after internal disputes and Soviet pressure. Most anti-Soviet nations willingly and covertly helped the Afghan resistance. That includes the US, China, Pakistan and Iran. Your notion to blame the Pashtons for recieving help from other interested parties shows your animosity despite your invalidated opinions about said history. 

The Mujahiddin were from hard core Islamiscists and idealistic moslems fighting against  agression. They were willing to help the Afghans fight for independence from Soviet rule. It was a mutual benefit between the locals and the foreigners. Much of the infighting that happened afterwards did not accur during the Soviet resistance. Pashtons, Tajiks, Uzbeks from Afghanistan itself held that singular purpose at that time.

The Taliban is an ideology that we mutually find aversive. Yet it was not specifically the sole domain of the Pashton ethnic identity. Maybe you forgot about the diverse ethnicities of taliban too.

The citizens of Afghanistan were invaded, led astray, involved in domestic wars and branded an extreme cultural identity.

You, in a similar vain, have created in one post a disservice to the Pashton people by your Talibanesque bigotry. You have not proven your hatred for them. You have only shown your lack of objectivity and partialism to anti-Pashton beliefs. You have not provided verification or links for your discriminating propaganda either. Unfortunately, you've made yourself out to look like the very enemy you chose to slander. 

Edited by Seko
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 10:46
Well said Seko
bang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 10:59

Seko Ill post stuff with sources...not now but later....

Im from afghanistan and I have lived there long enough and from my personal experience I know that pashtons are sick. but like I said...ill prove to you that...taliban did not have support of non-pashtons...and also regardin russians n other stuff...

Ill get back to u later...

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2005 at 14:02

So what your trying to say is that 100% of Pathans are pro-Taliban?

what rubbish, if thats the case then why has there been so many Pathans migrating from Afghanistan to Britain and other nations. If you are from Afghanistan then you should be thanking the Mujahidin for saving you from the Russions. Fine the Taliban wasnt too good either but atleast you were not disgraced by the occupation of foreiners.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>