Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2500-year-old Agriculture Survives in Uramanat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2500-year-old Agriculture Survives in Uramanat
    Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 11:48

http://www.chn.ir/en/news/?id=5637&section=2

Tehran, 17 September 2005 (CHN) -- Uramanats agriculture, the style of which goes back to the first millennium BC, enjoys the quality to be registered on Irans National Heritage list.

Uramanat valley, located in Kurdistan of Iran, is considered the main nucleus of Kurdistan by Adel Farhangi, an expert with Irans Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization, where people enjoy a dialect of Kurdish language, music, and dances specific to themselves also delivered to other areas of the province.

Using valleys for agriculture, irrigation systems for farms, bringing soil to the area from other parts, are all carried out in the same way from 2500 years ago, making the agriculture of this region survive intact during the time, says Farhanghi.

Inhabitants of Uramanat region have maintained their traditional system of life and no fundamental changes have been done to this region yet.

According to Farhangi, this region enjoys a special, coherent system of culture, agriculture, way of thinking and behavior, infrastructure, and defending system of their own. All these characteristics make the region worth of being registered on the Cultural Heritage list.

The language of Uromanat inhabitants is a kind of Kurdish dialect, which is not easily understood in other parts of Kurdistan. The music and folk of this region is different from the other parts of Kurdistan as well. Folk dances have a special cultural value among the people of the region.

Some other tribes have had temporal effects on the region during the history, but Uramanat people have made the most influence in the Zagros region during the history. Therefore it is important to carry out more studies on them.

The area is planned to undergo some anthropology and archaeological studies. Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization of Iran is now completing the national registration process of the region.

Uramanat starts from Kurdistan province of Iraq, which is the greenest part of it, and runs to Kermanshah and Kurdistan provinces in Iran.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 14:41

"Uramanat people" = Kurds?

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 14:44

No need, I now know that they are Kurds...

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 16:22

of course uramanat are the Kurds from the regions mentioned, from Iraq to Kermanshah, that is why the article mentioned it is in Kurdistan, who lives in Kurdistan if not the Kurds?

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 04:52
Zagros: Your right, I didn't think clearly...
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 07:53
I think Zagros had post a thread about Uramanat.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 08:13
No, I didn't post anything about the Uramanat culture specifically, this is a unique topic I think.
 Post Reply Post Reply