Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who do turks consider closer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who do turks consider closer
    Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 11:51

Right! I'll try a different approach, all irrelevant posts (including mine) were deleted, keep the discussion on topic and start new ones if you want to expand the discussion.

That way, this topic which was going fine up till recently, won't have to be locked!

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 11:54

Which goh deleted my long post?

Edited by Ardashir
http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Ardashir View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Ardashir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 11:56
http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 12:18
why there is no azeri in that table, are we counted in the iranian, turk or north caucasian ? , or caspian ?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 12:30

Ardashir, this topic isnt about genetics or races, please keep your information to yourself. It is about cultural interactions and similarities. And it is about who we are more related with.

Which goh deleted my long post?

Yiannis did. What's goh?

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 12:35
Ardashir: According to the source, Iranians are more related to Turks than Kurds?
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 12:41
as always these tables are far from reliable, which Kurds is that table identifying? To give Kurds one supposedly homogenous label is nonsense.
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 12:57
yea it does seem pretty 'unreliable' btw why is kuwatis all by themselves without no friends on that genetic tree
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 13:00
Kuwaitis actually do have somewhat of a genetic isolation, some believe they are descended from Sumerians.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 13:01
I see that this discussion has started from Turks closeness to Greeks and Iranians and turned into genetics. This topic is more on opinions and personal experiences then scholarly research. So lets keep simple. Thanks!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 16:05
Hiiiiiiii....I'm from The Republic of Azerbaijan and I feel closer to turks, turks and turks... I just love them, can't help it....and all of the Azeri people from azerbaijan feel closer to Turks.< but i also like greek people, especially their music (SERTAKI).....And I think persian people are nice people, they have a very nice culture( i like them too) but i don't get  it when they say that we are iranians.......I mean, maybe those azeris from Iran, but certanly not the ones from azerbaijan.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 17:03
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

*edit - someone wants to talk on Greece - do it in another topic*

Well since this topic IS about if turks feel closer to Iranians or greeks, I am sure we can talkl about both iranians and greeks brieifly.

Edited by strategos
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 18:13
Guys, let's do not turn this thread into a flame war, every sensible one is welcome
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 18:26

Originally posted by erci

Guys, let's do not turn this thread into a flame war, every sensible one is welcome

TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 19:52
alevis,bektasis and naksibendis

So whats the difference between all of these?

My father is of Bektash heritage, although we don't pratice it.

Btw, when in Albania in August, there was a large gathering of Bektashi for some holiday they had. Some people from Turkey also came.
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2005 at 22:59

Originally posted by Azerturko

Hiiiiiiii....I'm from The Republic of Azerbaijan and I feel closer to turks, turks and turks... I just love them, can't help it....and all of the Azeri people from azerbaijan feel closer to Turks.< but i also like greek people, especially their music (SERTAKI).....And I think persian people are nice people, they have a very nice culture( i like them too) but i don't get  it when they say that we are iranians.......I mean, maybe those azeris from Iran, but certanly not the ones from azerbaijan.

welcome, we also feel like you , we love turkey  and i come from tebriz in northern iran and my mothers family originally from baku.

Iskender, Alevis are a form of shiite branch, however im not sure about the other two.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 03:26

alevis,bektasis and naksibendis

Naksibendi has no importance, they are sunni and they have not any difference than other sunnis.

Alevis are a form of shiite branch, but I think It is much different than shiite. Sunnis and Shiite are more close each other than alevis(Infact they are a little complicated, some of them accept namaz, some dont). Even some alevis discussed If they are muslim or not, but I think It is stupidness. Also becoming alevi  is somewhat a cultural root.Some people can say, we are alevi atheist My knowledge about this is limited, maybe oguzoglu can give more knowledge.

For bektasis, It begin with Hac Bekta Veli, It was firstly, sect of Yeniceris,  It was like for Sunni than It changed.(Acording to sunnis, Maybe, Oguzoglu will say different about this. My knowledge about albanian bektasis limited, do they accept alchol? Do they pratice namaz ?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 07:45
I thnk alevs are modern moslms
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 07:52

Very nice ARPAD, ....I've been once in Ardabil, actually my grandma is from there, but born in Azerbaijan....I'd like to visit Tabriz one day!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 08:15

The original question is a difficult question. Culturally turks have been influenced by both coutries and have influenced both. Like many says it may depend where you live, if in the meditirenian&aegian coast than Greece is probably the answer if in the easteren parts than Iran will be the answer.

As for Azerbaijan and Turkey i dont see much difference, for me its the same....

If Greece-Iran played i would support Iran(and i supported Iran WC1998). But that does not mean that i find Iran closer, i ussually support the moslem countries soo.....

As a turk, i feel that racially we are Anatolians, our language and part of our culture is turkish, the other(bigger) part of our culture is Mediterranean and by our religion we are close to the Islamic world....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>