Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who do turks consider closer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
turkos View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote turkos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who do turks consider closer
    Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 17:53
 i think our closest  relation with greeks is  nationalist feelings . Yes we are similar with greeks.we have similar kitchen or music.But ours are better
TURKSH DELGHTTT    and       RAKIIII 

dont forget all events are repeating
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 18:05
Originally posted by Tangriberdi

Turkish culture in Anatolia can be devided into four influence group

1:Aegean Coastal culture: Developped under serious Greek influence

All Aegean and Mediteranean coastal zone except Mersin and Adana and beyond 

2:Istanbulite culture: Developped under Iranian Arabic and Turkic influeces, may be trivial Greek influence.

All of Marmara region

3: Pontic coastal culture: Developped under Greek and Caucasian influence  

As We name it it includes only Black Sea coasts

4: Inner Anatolian Culture : Developped from Native Anatolian culture with the influences of Turkic and Iranian cultures.

It includes Eastern Anatolian culture as well.

I agree.

And i m asking:what s the connection between turks and hungarians?

what a nationalistic point of view!

Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 21:56
My background goes down to Peru. Peruvians in general dont really assosicate with anyone around them. In fact, most south american countries dont associate with any other country around them . But the fact of the matter is because we cant associate because of the different cultures, they start calling each other names like "monos" monkeys or something like that.

Wow i feel so random right now somebody stop me
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 16:35
Originally posted by strategos

We must not also forget Turkey is muslim as I said, giving them more cultural ties to the Middle East, which I believe Turkey is a middle eastern country. And since Greece is a european country, Turks will feel more "realted" towards other Middle eastern countries because of common religion, culture, and historic ties.

Hi people, this is my first post!

Weren't it the cultivated Ottoman Greeks who brought culture back to
Greece after the fall of Ottoman Empire? I really don't think you can separate Modern Greek culture from Ottoman Turkish and Eastern Greek culture.

I know Western Europeans like to think of themselves being the legitimate inheritors of antique Greece (which you can see for instance in the blending of classic Greek architecture in official buildings, like the Royal Palace of Belgium to give an example of my country), and that Europe owes a lot of things to classic Greece.
However these  are example of Europeans being open to the East and not vice versa.

Classic Greece was turned to the East, not the West!
I know unfortunately the East in general has such a bad image in the West, that we don't think how Assyrians, Persians, Egyptians etc, has influenced Classic Greece and the whole of
Europe.

Speaking of religion, although Turks of Turkey are Muslims, Turkic people have many different religions worldwide. And I don't know much about the old religions of Turks but if I'm not mistaken, they had a belief system much like the Greek mythology, and they share, or influenced some Greek Gods. But as I said above, Im not 100% sure.
I was going to add that this would be another tie with the East, but actually, especially till the 19th century,
Greece was the East! What does it mean then, while talking about cultural ties, to take position that Greece is an European country and Turkey a Middle Eastern country? To me, at least, it's a more confusing position to take then a enlightening or clarifying one.

Edited by HumanBeing
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 17:22
Originally posted by HumanBeing

Weren't it the cultivated Ottoman Greeks who brought culture back to
lace>Greecelace> after the fall of lace>Ottoman Empirelace>?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2006 at 00:00
Hi Digenis, what do you mean, it looks like you don't really agrea with the part you quoted. Of course,  if you  think differently I'm interested to hear it but clarify yourself please. 

Gyadu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gyadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2006 at 00:15

Commercial Break

Participants are requested to make posts in this thread...............

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10383&am p;PN=1

You may resume the debate now.

Izan zirelako gara...... Izan garelako izango dira....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2006 at 00:54
I made a mistake actually.  Greece WAS Ottoman so in that regard to say 'Ottoman Greeks' to differentiate Western Greeks from Eastern Greeks makes not much sense. I should have said,'Anatolian Greeks'. At that time there Greece wasn't highly civilisised but Anatolian Greeks who held high places in Ottoman society brought their cultivation back to Greece. This is what I meant. 

Edited by HumanBeing
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2006 at 09:43
Originally posted by Digenis

Taking this question serious:

Urheimat of two people's forefathers are said to be very close.

Their languages derive from the same language family, Ural Altaic Languages Family. Beyond this fact, Hungarian Language contains many proto Turkic words. Both people used Runes to write. But of different types. Both language are agglutinative. Both language has vowel harmony . But different types. Both language has the verb 'var- in Turkish  and van- in Hungarian. And this verb has no equivalent in IE languages.

Both people had initially nomadic way of life.

Both people were /are good riders and had similar way of clothing. Their national clothings were similar.  Historical hats worn by  earlier Hungarians are still worn in Central Asia under the name of QALPAQ or BRK.

One of the Byzantine Emperors called a Hungarian King as The King of TURKS

Hungarians and Turks claim to have descendency from the Hunnic people.

It is known that some of the tribal organisations that contributed to the construction of modern Hungarian nation were of Turkic origin. -Some historians say that Turkic tribes that came in different times to Hungarian Melting pot  were melt in eralier Hungarians.  If they had come at once and all together , Today Hungarian people would have been speaking a Turkic language. That is they would be melt by Turks and they would be Turks. 

Old Hungarian Music was pentatonic. So was of Turks.

Both people believed in Shamanism and TANGRI

Both languages have these same child names: Atilla in Turkish and Attila in Hungarian Arpat in Turkish and Arpad in Hungarian.  And this leads us to think that we have a common  initial ancestry.

Thse I mentioned above and many more that I could not remember make the historians and all who are concerned discuss about a possible affinity between Hungarians and Turkic people.

And somehow,  Turks and Hungarians had always attachment to each other along the history. Except the Ottoman invasion period, no serious copnflict or war happened between two people.

Edited by Tangriberdi
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2006 at 05:54
hey thats ma name
yazzmode621 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote yazzmode621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 17:28

Ok the country Azerbaijan was part of Iran until Russia annexed it from Iran.  So, Azeris(both from the independent country and in Iran) are racially closer to Iranians. 

By the way, arent' turks a mixture of Aryan and Mongolian races?  Doesnt that make them part Iranian(Aryan)? 

Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 18:13
Originally posted by Tangriberdi

Originally posted by Digenis

Taking this question serious:

Urheimat of two people's forefathers are said to be very close.

Well...i think the question of the thread is about today.
I know the connection of pre-1000 Magyars with the other turcic tribes (the details u offered were interesting too) ,
but i really cannot see how a modern turk (not a nomad turkoman) could feel closer  to a  hungarian (not a magyar of  900 AD)

Speaking about such connections,and creating an imaginary  turcic  "nation"  smells nationalism and of course its far from reality.
Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 17:26

Originally posted by yazzmode621

By the way, arent' turks a mixture of Aryan and Mongolian races?  Doesnt that make them part Iranian(Aryan)? 

Yes, but then again.. one could argue that Iranians are partly Turkic.  

Edited by Pacifist

Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 10:20
So Tangriberdi you are saying that Hungarians and Turks are close?
How close?
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 12:48

We'd better use 'Altaic People' rather than 'Turks' here... Hungarians left Asia long time before the name 'Turk' appeared. Now I know Turkic people are older than their names; but you can't exclusively relate them to Turks since they all lived together thousand years ago.  

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 21:05
Then Hungarians have nothing to do with that because they/we are Uralic and not Altai people.
I beleve that the original idea was Iranian or Greek or some other but Tangriberdi mentioned Hungarians.
Dont use the name Hungarian so much(hehe), it wears out.
Just kidding guys.
Szia
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 13:15

Uralic family is very close to Altaic, we all know about it. Well, Hungarians were not originally of Indo-European family. And totally, it's proved they are quite close to people like Turks; that's why I mentioned Altaic. Tengriberdi's quite right.

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 19:48
Hungarians have as much with Turks as we do with Germans,Slavs or even the Mongols.
So the topic: if i was Turkish i would say Iranians are closer to me then Greeks.
Dont be saying Hungarians this,Hungarians that-we know you are impresed with us but lett me tell you-Turks,as people, impres me very much. As well as do Greeks or Iranians but none of them were here where i live,but Turks were and for exsample,built roads(kaldrma).So yeah guys-thanks for these roads.

Edited by Death
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 13:01

Kaldrm, not kaldrma.

By the way, That hungarian turks connection is absolutely comic, do we have common langauge? no, do we have common culture ? no, do we have commen religion? no.

Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 18:42
Originally posted by Mortaza

Kaldrm, not kaldrma.

By the way, That hungarian turks connection is absolutely comic, do we have common langauge? no, do we have common culture ? no, do we have commen religion? no.

No it is not. Do we? Yes the answer is not .

But we used to.

our languages have common words about 250 except Arabic and Persian and other ones borrowed by Hungarian from Turkish-Ottoman language. This Turkic heritage in Hungarian language dates back to early Hungarians not to ottomans.

Early Hungarians used to believe in Shamanism. So did Turks.

Hungarian Folk music was/is pentatonic just like Turks and Other Altaic people. And early Hungarian cuisine was much similar to Central Asian one.

Both peoples used Runic alphabets of different types.

There is a certain relation.

But no one says Hungarians are Turkic. Being Turkic means being a Turk or being of a Turkish tribe.

Hungarians are most probably not Turks. But they were and are close to Turks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>