Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who do turks consider closer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Greek Tragedy View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Greek Tragedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who do turks consider closer
    Posted: 31-May-2006 at 13:33
Originally posted by strategos

We must not also forget Turkey is muslim as I said, giving them more cultural ties to the Middle East, which I believe Turkey is a middle eastern country. And since Greece is a european country, Turks will feel more "realted" towards other Middle eastern countries because of common religion, culture, and historic ties.

I disagree, usually when people think of Turk they think Greek and other way around, we have some of the same things like food and stuff and land that Greeks had, and culturlly Greeks have some same things as middleeast. Greece may be in Europe but its only a continent
Greek culture is/was in Asia as well. and parts of greek islands is in and border the middleeast and then theres cyprus which has Greeks. Turks are our brothers and sisters besides now anyway. We had history!

Edited by Greek Tragedy - 31-May-2006 at 13:34
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote bleda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 18:36
Originally posted by kingofmazanderan

In my opinion the majority of turks not counting kurds are Turanian and i have heard Turanians are Aryans so i think they are closer to Iranians.

But alot of people on the west coast of Turkey really see themselves as close to Greeks. When they go fishing they have Greek flags on thier boats.

greek flags

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 12:09
Both & none

at some point
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 20:04
Originally posted by kingofmazanderan

In my opinion the majority of turks not counting kurds are Turanian and i have heard Turanians are Aryans so i think they are closer to Iranians.

well, going into the whole turan issue is even more confusing. there are those that say turanians were turkic and there are those that say turanians were iranic.

the word turan itself is an iranic word which was later adopted by pan turkics. look at feramez's signature for an example. that is contradictory because the turks are using an iranic word to symbolise "their" homeland.

so the whole turan thing is confusing, and that is why i never use it, i just say turkic.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2006 at 19:59

But alot of people on the west coast of Turkey really see themselves as close to Greeks.  When they go fishing they have Greek flags on thier boats.

Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Bashibozuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 12:54

Turkic peoples = Iranian / Mongolian

It is a wrong assumption, since the proto-Turks such as Xiong-nu (Huns), Dingling etc. have existed long before the eastern Mongol tribes who spoke a different Altaic language unified under the name of "Mongol" and under a common dialect. And there's no proof of Mongolians and Turks being from the same origin either, actually Mongols are thought to immigrate to C.A. from the west of Manchuria, and Turks inhabiting the region around Altai and Tenri Mountains, Central Asia.

But I agree that Turks had IE influence long before their expansion to west. For examples, the Sakas were a tribal confederation like Gauls, altough they had various ethnicities in them such as Turkic tribes. The tombs in Turfan region also prove that Turks, actually western Turkic people, have mixed with IEs in Central Asia before the Huns. And the vice versa. I don't think the IEs such as ancestoral Tajiks, Khorasanis or Sogdians looked different from modern Uzbegs or Turkmens. Eastern IEs (Iranians mainly) have always had Turkic admixture definately. Today, Afghans and Tajiks are fine examples of this intermixing.

Your race is ready

I think people may belong different races and it doesn't matter much for me. Admixture means richness. And many nations of the Middle East, Iranians, Azeris, Turks, Syrians, Armenians etc. are all considered millioners by ethnic admixture. But if we are to create recipes out of these various ethnic compounds, Iranians would definately have a taste of rich Chinese cuisine...

Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 09:34
Originally posted by Herschel

Turkic peoples = Iranian / MongolianTurks of Turkey = Anatolian with a pinch of Turkic contribution

Pure ignorance...
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 11:36

Well, the topic is not about construction work and I'm not Turkish; nor Turk.... so your words has nothing to do with me.

I should say, especially to Tangriberdi that linguistically Hungarians are so close to Altaic languages including Turkic. Lots of common things can be found among words and grammer of both languages. You, being a Turkmen, are close to people like Yakut or Mongols; but are they Moslem? Do Mongols speak Turkmen?

Just a few pages of any historical documentation about this link and you'll know everything about what we're talking about.

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 00:17
of the topic:
oh man,hahaha, please define the Italians,gime the recepie,hahahaha
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 21:10
Should I give the recipe for iranian roast? It's a little spicy tho, I don't recommend but it's your call

?
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Prince of Persia 2 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Prince of Persia 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 20:10
250 Gram Turkic =You should heat  500 Gram Yakuts75%mongol20%Indo-european5% then add some Salt and pepper. add three eggs and mix. next put it in central asia oven for 1000 years. Your race is ready
No offense

Edited by Prince of Persia 2
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 19:56

Turks of Turkey = Anatolian with a pinch of Turkic contribution

"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 19:37
Originally posted by Iranian41ife

no, iranians and mongols are not turkic people.

iranians are indo europeans.

mongols are from the same ethnic branch as turkic peoples, altaic, but they are not turkic.

I think he meant a mixture.

Prince of Persia 2 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Prince of Persia 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 19:23
yakuts are closer to turks.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 17:58

no, iranians and mongols are not turkic people.

iranians are indo europeans.

mongols are from the same ethnic branch as turkic peoples, altaic, but they are not turkic.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Herschel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Herschel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 16:43

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 14:38
Originally posted by yazzmode621

By the way, arent' turks a mixture of Aryan and Mongolian races?  Doesnt that make them part Iranian(Aryan)? 

well, certainly turkic people and iranic peoples have mixed in the past, the mogul empire was one of the so called turco persian empires for example.

but origionally, iranic and turkics are different ethnically.

Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 18:42
Originally posted by Mortaza

Kaldrm, not kaldrma.

By the way, That hungarian turks connection is absolutely comic, do we have common langauge? no, do we have common culture ? no, do we have commen religion? no.

No it is not. Do we? Yes the answer is not .

But we used to.

our languages have common words about 250 except Arabic and Persian and other ones borrowed by Hungarian from Turkish-Ottoman language. This Turkic heritage in Hungarian language dates back to early Hungarians not to ottomans.

Early Hungarians used to believe in Shamanism. So did Turks.

Hungarian Folk music was/is pentatonic just like Turks and Other Altaic people. And early Hungarian cuisine was much similar to Central Asian one.

Both peoples used Runic alphabets of different types.

There is a certain relation.

But no one says Hungarians are Turkic. Being Turkic means being a Turk or being of a Turkish tribe.

Hungarians are most probably not Turks. But they were and are close to Turks.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 13:01

Kaldrm, not kaldrma.

By the way, That hungarian turks connection is absolutely comic, do we have common langauge? no, do we have common culture ? no, do we have commen religion? no.

Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 19:48
Hungarians have as much with Turks as we do with Germans,Slavs or even the Mongols.
So the topic: if i was Turkish i would say Iranians are closer to me then Greeks.
Dont be saying Hungarians this,Hungarians that-we know you are impresed with us but lett me tell you-Turks,as people, impres me very much. As well as do Greeks or Iranians but none of them were here where i live,but Turks were and for exsample,built roads(kaldrma).So yeah guys-thanks for these roads.

Edited by Death
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>