Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDestruction of historical remenants:Ottoman Ajyad Castle in Mecca

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Destruction of historical remenants:Ottoman Ajyad Castle in Mecca
    Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 15:09

Originally posted by Iranban

What the hell are you talking about? So if one want's to read the translation of the Quran in his own language, then he is a nationalist? Im sorry but do you realize how dumb this make you sound...

Didn't i say you don't read posts. Next time, read all the lines so you don't sound that dumb. We said you can read the translation of Quran in your language, just don't change the Quran text to be in another language other than what it came in.

Let me explain again using illustrations, in case you fail reading as you always do.

Quran (original Text is Arabic)>>>>>Preserved as it is, per se. No human contribution.

Meaning Translation of Quran (can be any language)>> changes with editions, human contribution, not Quran itself but a suplemental explaination.

Now, if you can use the translation of the meaning of Quran to understand it, why do you need to change the original text? Duh?

Edited by çok geç
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 15:13

Didn't i say you don't read posts. Next time, read all the lines so you don't sound that dumb. We said you can read the translation of Quran in your language, just don't change the Quran text to be in another language other than what it came in.

I just dont understand this, how can we change the Quran text to be in another language other than what it came in.  This is impossible, There will always be an arabic Quran.

çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 15:27

Yes, there will be always Quran in Arabic, as there is Bible in Aramaic and Hebrew the original languages. But you have to make the distintion. Once it is touched and translated to another language than its original text, it will not be anymore the Holy Quran, it will be a Translation of Meaning to the Holy Quran. The distinction is so huge and tremendous. By saying Translation of Meaning of the Holy Quran, you acknolwedge that it has human contribution and might has mistakes and it is not the original text, neither it must equal everything in the original text. This will avoid what happened in Christianity where an English Bible is considered as holy and authoratative, and original as the original Aramaic, Hebrew, and later translated Greek texts.

Now, if you believe that Quran itself has human contribution, which is of course the case by non-Muslims who try to discredit the Quran, then it is another story.

What was our original topic? oh yeah, history preservation

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 15:39

Well Kuran should not be called as history.

Of course root always will be arabic, but I think Quran should translated all langauge. Noone can change arabic quran, this has no similarity with bible, root of Quran is accepted by people. It was collected by othman.

çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 15:41

Isn't it already translated to all languages?

In fact, most translations of the Quran's meanings come with one page in Arabic (the original source) and one page it is the meanings translation. I don't understand why is it a big deal to ommit the original text and call the translation the Quran? Some bible issuers are now doing the same, so they are taking that approach. But as I said, each person has a nationalistic agenda!

Edited by çok geç
D.J. Kaufman
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 15:43

Yes, so I dont understand discussion much.

It is arabic, and It is also translated to all langauges. So what are we discussing

Everybody have what he wish.

The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 16:00

I agree with Cok Gec, besides In Turkey many translator has changed Quran words by translating called Tefsir.

For Instance;

Nisa : 34

yaşar nuri öztürk, kuran-ı kerim meali (türkçe çeviri), hürriyet ofset, 1994 baskısı
erkekler, kadınları gözetip kollayıcıdırlar. şundan ki allah, insanların bazılarını bazılarından üstün kılmıştır ve erkekler mallarından bol bol harcamışlardır. iyi ve temiz kadınlar saygılıdırlar. allah'ın kendilerini koruduğu gibi, gizliliği gereken şeyi korurlar. sadakatsizlik ve iffetsizlikleinden korktuğunuz kadınlara önce öğüt verin, sonra onları yataklarında yalnız bırakın ve nihayet onları evden çıkarın/bulundukları yerden başka yere gönderin/onları dövün. bunun üzerine size saygılı davranırlarsa artık onlar aleyhine başka söz aramayın. allah çok yücedir, sınırsızca büyüktür.

yaşar nuri öztürk, kuran-ı kerim meali (türkçe çeviri), 64.baskı, yeni boyut, istanbul 1999 baskısı
erkekler; kadınları gözetip kollayıcıdırlar. şundan ki, allah, insanların bazılarını bazılarından üstün kılmıştır ve erkekler mallarından bol bol harcamışlardır. iyi ve temiz kadınlar saygılıdırlar; allah'ın kendilerini koruduğu gibi, gizliliği gereken şeyi korurlar. sadakatsızlık ve iffetsizliklerinden korktuğunuz kadınlara öğüt verin, sonra onları yataklarında yalnız bırakın ve nihayet onları evden çıkarın/bulundukları yerden başka yere gönderin! bunun üzerine size saygılı davranırlarsa artık onlar aleyhine başka bir yol aramayın. allah çok yücedir, sınırsızca büyüktür.

Edited by THE TURK
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 16:54

The Turk, that was a good example in Turkish, from where you got it?

I know the changes in English versions for sure. As soon as human contribution enters, it opens the door of differences and changes. So, regardless what translation you prefer, it is a translation of meanings, not Quran itself. Quran is the one that comes with its original text, the Arabic.

D.J. Kaufman
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 20:20
Originally posted by çok geç

Let me explain again using illustrations, in case you fail reading as you always do.

It's funny, this is the first time we are talking and yet you speak as if you know me  I don't read posts? i always fail reading? we havent spoken to each other before so maybe you are confusing me with someone else

Edited by Iranban
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 22:11

I know, embarrassing!. and yeah! I did tell you in a previous posts to read others before commenting. Sorry, It wasn't hard to observe you failed reading the quote you even posted

And you are right. I should not use "always" though you did it twice. Will give another chance.

Edited by çok geç
D.J. Kaufman
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 08:23

I know, embarrassing!. and yeah! I did tell you in a previous posts to read others before commenting. Sorry, It wasn't hard to observe you failed reading the quote you even posted

And you are right. I should not use "always" though you did it twice. Will give another chance.

How did i "fail reading the quote i even posted"? When i answered you and you are answering me? then obviously i did not "fail reading it"

Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 08:24

Anyway the point is that miller is right, you can't deny it so you are changing the topic

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 10:59

I just dont understand this, how can we change the Quran text to be in another language other than what it came in.  This is impossible, There will always be an arabic Quran.

So go on, be an Arab if you dont want to read Kuran with the kafers' languages. Go speak Arabic, but sory, this is Turkey, with an official language of Turkish, you should do it in some other brother country.

I have no problem with an arabic Kuran always existing, but I want a Turkish one for myself. And thanks Allah/Tanri/God I have one.

I agree with Cok Gec, besides In Turkey many translator has changed Quran words by translating called Tefsir.

Tefsir is also an Arabic word though, I prefer "çeviri". anyway, no thing is wrong with lots of tefsirs. We should translate the Quran. Do we have to learn Arabic language just to learn our religion?

Christians also have their own translations, one calls the "nephilim" as giants, the other says they were fallen from the sky. But if we translate it correctly, we'll see they were angels fallen from the eyes of God.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 11:12

So go on, be an Arab if you dont want to read Kuran with the kafers' languages. Go speak Arabic, but sory, this is Turkey, with an official language of Turkish, you should do it in some other brother country.

I am not going anywhere, thanks for your offer.

Noone is against to Turkish kuran. but is it enough for you?

Dont you want Turkish ezan? dont you think we should do our namaz, turkish?

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 11:19

I dont care, I do my praying in Turkish.

I'd be glad if we had Turkish ezan...

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 11:33

well every religion has its rules and principles and it own way of praying.

you can pray in whichever way you want, does not mean that it is the correct way.

Islams rules comes from the Quran and from the Hadiths of the Prophet. and it is clear that the language the quran was chosen to be is the Arabic one. and its Clear too that the prayers are to be done in the way the prophet did them and that was in Arabic.

and sure you can learn the meaning of the words in the Quran from the transilations, But the prayers or namaz must be in Arabic. its not my rules.

Edited by azimuth
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 11:56

I just met in this Forum one turkish friend who want to change Quran to his language and unsatisfied that he can read the translation in his language. Though he understands Quran by reading its translation in his language, his is too nationalistic to be satisfied

What the hell are you talking about? So if one want's to read the translation of the Quran in his own language, then he is a nationalist? Im sorry but do you realize how dumb this make you sound...

Who cares if you agree with Miller or if he is right or wrong. Everybody has the right to express his opinion politely. Now, I might always have mistakes writing in English, but I understand it. For you, do you really comprehend the language? Look up to how silly you looked, maybe you finally will get what I mean

Next time, read what you quote from others so you know what you are talking about.

Edited by çok geç
D.J. Kaufman
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 11:59
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

I dont care, I do my praying in Turkish.

I'd be glad if we had Turkish ezan...

Ok, that just shows your thinking has stuck without reasoning. Is Azan too hard for you understand?

Didn't I say it is not a matter of need, but a matter of pride. You have a translation of Quran in your language but not good enough. Let me help you, why do you have to tailor and cut and glue pieces of Islam as you like? how about if you invent a new religion. It is easier.  

Edited by çok geç
D.J. Kaufman
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 12:41

Who cares if you agree with Miller or if he is right or wrong. Everybody has the right to express his opinion politely. Now, I might always have mistakes writing in English, but I understand it. For you, do you really comprehend the language? Look up to how silly you looked, maybe you finally will get what I mean

Next time, read what you quote from others so you know what you are talking about.

Ha? But was that the subject i was talking about? NO, i was talking about how arabs use Islam for their own purposes. Frankly i don't give a damn about complaints on what others want to do with the Quran.

Im talking about a whole other issue. And if you don't care that i agree with Miller then why did you respond to my post where i said that i agreed with Miller in the first place?

And now i'm gonna use your favorite smily----->

Edited by Iranban
çok geç View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 12:58

Ha? But was that the subject i was talking about? NO, i was talking about how arabs use Islam for their own purposes. Frankly i don't give a damn about complaints on what others want to do with the Quran.

Yes, that was the debate we had before you jumped in AND posting my quote without understanding it really.

Im talking about a whole other issue.

We all know that 

And now i'm gonna use your favorite smily----->

Ah! I have to admit, I abused the smilies  << Again

D.J. Kaufman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>