Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uyghurs in Central Asian Steppe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uyghurs in Central Asian Steppe
    Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 19:57
You are forgetting the Qarluq auxilaries.
Khalha_Mongol View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Khalha_Mongol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 12:33

Even though we use Cyrllic (which was forced to use during soviet time) , we still use language called "Uighur-jin" , and its official of Inner Mongolian region. Its from Uighurs isn`t it? its written from up to down... sorry ma english not good

810th of birthday, 800th of Mongol Empire
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 12:45
Originally posted by Khalha_Mongol

Even though we use Cyrllic (which was forced to use during soviet time) , we still use language called "Uighur-jin" , and its official of Inner Mongolian region. Its from Uighurs isn`t it? its written from up to down... sorry ma english not good

Yep, Mongolians using the Uyghur script while Uyghurs themselfs using sogdian script so reard.

Akskl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Akskl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2005 at 13:42
I think that modern Uighurs and Uzbeks are urban settled population of the Central Asian oasises - result of mix between the local Iranian-language settled population (a conqured one) and the nomadic Turkic conquerors. Uighurs and setted Uzbeks have absolutely the same settled culture as Iranians have (Tajiks, Sogdians), and they used to speak two languages - some local Turkic dialect and Iranian Farsi. In 19th century and beginnigg of the 20th century they were called "Sarts". So the ancient Ujghurs, who were mostly nomads have very little in common with the modern Uighurs. Modern Kazakhs, who traditionally always were nomads, are much closer to the ancient Uighurs.               
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2005 at 13:09

Dear Ak Sakal,

Hi there. Best wishes and respect. Well, the Modern Kazaks are not traditional that much, as you mentioned in your post. Today, the only Central Asians who have preserved their old customs well, are Kyrgizes and Turkmens. Kazaks tend to live, rather, in a Russian way of life. Take care buddy...

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 02:31

Originally posted by Akskl

I think that modern Uighurs and Uzbeks are urban settled population of the Central Asian oasises - result of mix between the local Iranian-language settled population (a conqured one) and the nomadic Turkic conquerors. Uighurs and setted Uzbeks have absolutely the same settled culture as Iranians have (Tajiks, Sogdians), and they used to speak two languages - some local Turkic dialect and Iranian Farsi. In 19th century and beginnigg of the 20th century they were called "Sarts". So the ancient Ujghurs, who were mostly nomads have very little in common with the modern Uighurs. Modern Kazakhs, who traditionally always were nomads, are much closer to the ancient Uighurs.               

You are wrong my friend. Uyghurs and Uzbeks didn't speak two languages. where did you get that info? Iranian fasi?you must be kiding.

You don't know Uzbek people well. check their tribal composition. You will see a lot of similarities between Qipchaq Uzbeks and Qazaqs.

The ancient Uyghurs and mordern Uyghurs are closely related. Or else how come the whole people are bearing strong Turkic Culture? They only changed their nomadic life style.  Of course, these people have strong ethnic contribution from the settled peoples, who were Indo-european and eastern iranic people, which had strong racial effect.

If you ever try to claim the ancient Uyghurs to be related with Qazaqs, then you should learn the Turkic history and the tribal composition of these people well. Anyway, all Turkic people are  related somehow. That's what makes them Turk.  

Either make a history or become a history.
Akskl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Akskl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 22:23

I have read about the bilingual Sarts in one very interesting book - Paul Nazaroff "Hunted through Central Asia - On the run from Lenin's Secret Police".  Excellent book. The only thing I didn't like is that the book uses old (pre-revolutionery) and not correct name for Kazakhs - "Kirghizes". This has to be explained in Introduction or in Preface.   

All Steppe Empires of ancient and medieval times were created by nomads - not by settled peasants. Please read Rene Grousset's "Empire of the Steppes"  

Edited by Akskl
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2005 at 08:05
I a kazakh living among the uyghur people!!!
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2005 at 19:20

Marhaba Aka, men Feramez, yahximisiz?

Edited by Feramez
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2005 at 19:30
Originally posted by Akskl

interesting indeed just like your avatar

Djingizhan Ne Byl Mongolom ?

"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 03:24

I prefer to agree with Barbar. His sayings does seem to make sens...

Even though Uyghurs have already changed their way of living, from the nomadic life to dwelling in the rural and urban areas, the modern Uyghurs do have strong connection with the ancient ones. We shouldn't froget that the Ancient Uyghurs were the first urbanized people among the Turks. They were more modernized, they lead the Turks to build up new cities. Some of you knew that the ancient Uyghurs build up three city in the present Mongolia, Bay Baliq, Khatun Baliq, and I forgot the name. Then the cities were distroyed by those so - called traditional Kyrgyzs. Perhaps the Kyrgyzs really didn't like modernization and civilization.

Those tribes which made up the Uyghurs didn't have any realationship with Kazakhs. Ask the Kazakhs if they like to say they have connection with Uyghurs. I don't think the Kazakhs like to say they have the same origion with Uyghurs. No, this dosn't happen.

Akskl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Akskl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2005 at 11:23

I read (on some other history forums) that famous Academician Barthold became very unhappy when he found out that the Eastern Turkestan's various oasises'  settled Turks (Taranchi, Kashgharlyqs, etc) started to call themselves Uighurs (in 1920's). 

Anyway, all Central Asia and Eastern Europe Turkic-speaking peoples are very close and can easily understand each other. This means that they all speek the same language - just various dialects of the same language.  (according to rules of linguistics).

Edited by Akskl
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 22:35

Then they became seperate nations and people. Neither I'm happy during the 20s the Turks call themselves as Uyghur or Uzbek...

and it caused them to use the words such as " We" , "you", and " they". Now one nation became you and we.... such an ashame.

Look at Chinese, they made many different ethnicities who even didn't know who they were into together one poeple as Han CHinese, despite they do not totally understand one another. Even some became the strong Chinese nationalists.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2005 at 20:53
Originally posted by gok_toruk

Dear Ak Sakal,

Hi there. Best wishes and respect. Well, the Modern Kazaks are not traditional that much, as you mentioned in your post. Today, the only Central Asians who have preserved their old customs well, are Kyrgizes and Turkmens. Kazaks tend to live, rather, in a Russian way of life. Take care buddy...

very interesting post!

Modern kazakh in kazkhstan truelly live a russian way of life, but they did't forget who they are, and it seems you forget to mention kazakh live in china, about 1.5 million they speak chinese for living, as far as i know, even modern kazakh remmeber the trible they belong in, and 7 ancetors name to distinguish between even among kazakh themselves, what this supposed to mean. take me for exmple, father told me when i began to know things, he said:" remmeber you are belong in the Naymann tribe of Orta Juzz, if some ask detail, go on tell them that you are Kara Kerey( black kerey)."

and recently i found this explanation of " kazakh" on the net, and want to share with you guys.

The first occurrence of the name "Qazaq" is registered in a Turkish-Arabic dictionary, which was probably compiled in Egypt of the period when it was reigned by the Mamelukes (guardsmen). The word "qazaq" ("kazakh") means "independent", "free", "wanderer", "exile". At first it had neither political nor ethnic content, but designated a free person that broke away from his people and lead a life of an adventurer.

another points is that, surely we kazakh have many connection with Kalmak(mongol), and you can see that from the face character of modern kazakh, and what can we say, does it mean, we are not turkic tribles?

Edited by hannat
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2005 at 05:35

i am a uygur~ i now that i can not get the real history in my book.but i do not get one book can tell me my history.so i want to get some infor from here .

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2005 at 09:43

Hello Hannat. Qantay sen? The tradtion about seven ancestors is common almost everywhere in Central Asia. I believe, anyway, a Kyrkiz knows more about his own history than a Kazak.

A village in Iranian Turkmen Sahra is called 'Kerey'. The population is a mixture of Kazak and Turkmen.

"Kerey" means 'warrior', you know...

Edited by gok_toruk - 05-May-2007 at 07:16
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2005 at 21:47

Hey Gok-turk

Jasik mien, and u? very nice to know you ! i am a kazakh living in china, and my knowledge over the history is only depand on books i read before, and i have so many things not sure about, and i am very glad you know very good at the old stuff!

and thanks for your saying, i really appreciate that

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2005 at 11:32

Hi. Best wishes and respect. Sag bol men ke jaztiging uchin. 

Kind regards,...

Edited by gok_toruk - 05-May-2007 at 07:06
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2005 at 06:21
Originally posted by saba14

i am a uygur~ i now that i can not get the real history in my book.but i do not get one book can tell me my history.so i want to get some infor from here .

That sounds nice~~~ I think everybody should know who he/she is and was. This discussion board can offer everybody with many things, so we can discuss about what we want to know. I'm Uyghur too.

Good to know you~~

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2005 at 05:45

Hi there Yelken. We missed you so much here. You don't seem as frequently as before. You're bored of us?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>