Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who do you think is the Most Intersting Arabic Caliph?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Who do you think is the Most Intersting Arabic Caliph?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [18.52%]
7 [25.93%]
10 [37.04%]
1 [3.70%]
1 [3.70%]
1 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who do you think is the Most Intersting Arabic Caliph?
    Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 10:46
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

Originally posted by HulaguHan

Ali...

A good person, a fierce warrior, and off course cousin of Prophet Mohammad and his real successor...

I agree by his sowrd islam survive.

I also agree with it. Hazrat-i Ali was more than a caliph. And about Muawiyah, he shouldnt be judged as a real caliph at all. Ummayad Caliphate betrayed the Islamic teachings in my opinion.

Agree,Imam Ahmed Bin Hanbel said (Ali didn,t honored by caliphate but the caliphate homored by him).

He was the bravest muslim ever he slept in the prophet bed,Killed 35 Unbeleivers in Bader,In Uhad he defended the prophet when the muslims retreated,In Alahzab he killed Amro Bin Wad the strongest of all arab knight,In Khaybar he was the commander of the army who conquered the city by his hand when he breacched the gate of the fort,Plus this bravery his knowledge The Prophet Muhammed(PBUH) said (I am the city of  knowledge and Ali it's gate). in my opinion no one of comanion could match him with my respect to them.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 16:25
For me its Abu Bakrs even though he was Khalifah for two years
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2005 at 05:52
Originally posted by ill_teknique

Reasons please.
Khalid Bin Walid
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 09:04

Hi everybody,

I am new in this forum. Altough I am not a good forum member, I would like to take place in this forum as a history lover.

For me, Hz.Ali. He was a great fighter and so brave.  Also, as it mentioned, his knowledge about Islam and so on...

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 11:40
Welcome Kazasker,I hope you loved the fourm it is very lovly by the way good vote. 
Khalid Bin Walid
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2005 at 11:55

Thank you very much Ahmed. I already loved the forum. And I am also sorry for my late respond.

By the way, one of my name is also Ali

Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2005 at 14:13
With pleasure but don't late again.
Khalid Bin Walid
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2005 at 14:34
Ok, I am sorry again...
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2005 at 15:58

Originally posted by ill_teknique

Reasons please.

After giving praise and thanks to Allah (The One True God), Abu Bakr (ra) addressed the Muslims gathered at the Prophets mosque:

"I have been given the authority over you, and I am not the best of you. If I do well, help me; and if I do wrong, set me right. Sincere regard for truth is loyalty and disregard for truth is treachery. The weak amongst you shall be strong with me until I have secured his rights, if God will; and the strong amongst you shall be weak with me until I have wrested from him the rights of others, if God will. Obey me so long as I obey God and His Messenger (Muhammad, pbuh). But if I disobey God and His Messenger, ye owe me no obedience. Arise for your prayer, God have mercy upon you."

Islamic armies conquer Damascus, Hams and the remaining towns of Syria and according to the terms of the treaty they realize some amount of tax for the protection of the life and property of the citizens and the defense of the country (634 A.D., within two years after Prophet Muhammad SAW). But later the Muslim leaders received news that Heraclius had brought a big army which he was anxious to bring against the Muslims. Therefore they decided to bring together their own scattered armies in various conquered towns to concentrate at one point to face the hordes of Heraclius with joint effort. So in keeping with this decision our armies started leaving the towns of Hams, Damascus and other towns. Khalid in Hams, Abu Ubaidah in Damascus and other generals in other towns addressed the citizens thus:

"The money or monies we had realized from you was meant for the protection of your lives and properties, and also to defend your lands from outside aggression. But we are sorry to inform you that we are parting with you and since we would not be able to protect and defend you, we are returning the amounts of taxes collected from you."

To this the citizens said in reply:

"God be with you and bring you back victorious. Your governance and your justice and equity have enamored us, since the Romans in spite of being our coreligionists, we have bitter experience of their oppression and tyranny. By God! If they had been in your position they would not have returned a copper out of the taxes collected from us. Rather, they would have taken away everything they could from here belonging to us."
http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/sibai6.html

kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 03:38
Isn't this topic about the most "interesting" Arabic caliph? Show their interesting features, please...
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 07:14

read the first post and some of the other posts and you'll see some of their features.!

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 09:38

be easy man

Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 17:46
their actions are feautres and therefore i just posted a reason for my vote
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2005 at 02:30

I see no one voted for Umar, so it will be only me.

Reasons:

1-He was not only a good stateman but a military man too. The biggest expansion of the new muslim empire out of the 4 caliphs came during Ummar time.

2- Spread justice, used to walk with no guards, and finally assasinated during prayer. In him, the famous quote "O'mar, you did just, then felt secured, then slept" when a delegate of the Byzantine empire searched for the caliph to find him sleeping under a tree with no guards.

3-Refused to pray in a Jerusalem church during a visit to that city, lest it become a precedent for Moslems to emulate him, thus violating the right of Christians to their own houses of worship.

4-Granted the Christians of the city of Iliah a treaty that stated: "They shall be secure as to their persons, their churches and their crosses. Their churches are not to be inhabited, destroyed or diminished in any way; nor shall they be coerced as to their faith."

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 09:01
Originally posted by Mortaza

Hz. mer. "Justice of Hz mer "

I vote Umar ibn al-Khattab

Edited by 1001nights
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 00:50

Originally posted by kotumeyil

Ahmed, does the script in your avatar mean "Ya Ali, meded! =

Help me/us Ali!" ? I can read very little in Arabic script...

Excellent,That is right
it SO does not, it says Mohammad in the center and that's it.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 00:57
Al Walid was not religious either.

this whole poll is in the wrong direction, the topic says "the most interesting caliph" and everybody's choosing the greatest caliph. My vote is for Walid, he was just a character! and I could say had the most interesting life among others. and as for the best caliph, I'd go with Ali.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 01:01

Originally posted by ramin

it SO does not, it says Mohammad in the center and that's it.

Ramin...You really disappear and just come back to catch up with posted remarks. Ahmed used to have the old avatar of "Ali madad" at the time the remark was posted. I know, you are embarrased now

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 01:05

dont worry about him, he is used to it

Originally posted by ramin

Al Walid was not religious either.

this whole poll is in the wrong direction, the topic says "the most interesting caliph" and everybody's choosing the greatest caliph. My vote is for Walid, he was just a character! and I could say had the most interesting life among others. and as for the best caliph, I'd go with Ali.

so true, i was carefull not to say Greatest in this poll, just because in Sunni branch of islam the grade of each Caliph (specially the 1st four) are in the same order as they became caliphs.

add to that intersting doesn't mean that he was religious or not, Muaweyah who is most hated i guess can be intersting that he Founded a new Caliphate. so its not all about religious point of view.

Edited by azimuth
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 13:29

Ramin my ex-avator was (YA ALI MADAD), I changed it to the name of the holy Prophet (PBUH).

Khalid Bin Walid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>