Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Decisive Battle In Whole History

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Which Battle?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [8.70%]
1 [2.17%]
2 [4.35%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.17%]
7 [15.22%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [6.52%]
0 [0.00%]
28 [60.87%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Greatest Decisive Battle In Whole History
    Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 08:57

Which one and why ?WW I & WW II battles not included in this topic.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 09:17
Qadasiya.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 15:23
If the Normans had not won at Hastings, Britain may not be the part of Europe that it is today.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 15:46
I agree, and Britain has shaped the fate of the world more so than any culture group since the Arab conquests.  It is because Hastings harnessed Britain closer to the Europe than let is drift into a Scandinavian backwater that we have English law, shipping, commerce and colonies all throughout the world.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 18:06
No hard feelings, but how many of these topics will there be???
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 18:16
I know, I have seen a few of these. Does this not belong in Historical Amusement?

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 19:27
Yarmuk, followed by Hastings, followed by Scipio's taking of Carthago Nova.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 19:34
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

If the Normans had not won at Hastings, Britain may not be the part of Europe that it is today.

Bloody Normans, you can rely on them to mess things up.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 19:34

Chalons is possibly one of the more important battles and decisive for Europes future, not decisive in terms of the outcome of the actual battle since neither Rome nor the Huns won the day, in terms of the consequences it was huge. 

Had Attila won at Chalons then western europe would have been ravaged beyond recognition and perhaps entered a dark age that may have lasted much longer than it did, with unimaginable consequences.

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 19:34

Originally posted by Tobodai

I agree, and Britain has shaped the fate of the world more so than any culture group since the Arab conquests.  It is because Hastings harnessed Britain closer to the Europe than let is drift into a Scandinavian backwater that we have English law, shipping, commerce and colonies all throughout the world.

If the Arabs had lost Qadasiya then there would be no Islam today ro at least it would be confined and would probably have been afflicted with the same fate as Juda'ism.  Infact, Muslims and Jews would have been perfect religious allies today.

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 19:42
Zagros, that would be great if the Arabs lost Qadasiya. I am not against Islam at all, but peace between Jews and Muslims would be great for the world.

HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 19:48

Qadisiya is the death of Persian civilization no doubt. It is more important than many of the others above...

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 19:52

There was bitter enmity between Christians and jews long before there were any Muslims, who knows where that would have escalated to.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 19:56

It was the end of non-Islamic Iranian civilization, and by no means the end of Iranian civilization which became integral to that of Islam and was also perpetuated by many Turkic dynasties.

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 19:59
Christians and Jews had much hate during the Crusades at least. The Christians would massacre Jews and Muslims with no special treatment given to Jews.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 20:08

The Jews massacred 90,000 Christians when the Persians captured Jerusalem in 614.

Ever read certain verses from the Talmud? They encourage hate and murder of Christians.

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 20:12
Both sides seemed to hate each other with a passion. I did not read the book, but it is sad that religion, which is supposed to teach you morals, is used for such hate. 

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 20:14
I am speaking in a historical context, religion was obviously a much bigger thing in those days, people would follow their book to the letter -only a minority of Jews today actually take those verses seriously.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 20:18
Yeah, I agree. People got to big into religion those days. Some religious radicals still do today.

HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 20:23

In Ottoman Era,Jews and Muslims were getting on well Zagros.

I would not expect Iranians to like Islam and its rise and occupation over Persian world, but there are more important results of Qadisiyah:

1) End of Persian civilization, start of Islamized Arabo-Persian civilization.

2) Starting of a more Dynamic rival to the Christian world.

3) Neighboring of Islam and Turko-Mongols of Central Asia... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>