Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of Muslims across the Islamic world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of Muslims across the Islamic world
    Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:35

Originally posted by cattus

Excellent photos Afghanan.

Thanks!

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:37

the one driving looks turkish doesn't she?

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:37

Originally posted by Zagros

Yes, where is the last photo with the doves? Looks magnificent.

Thats Mazar e Sharif in Balkh Province, here are some more photos of that area:

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:38
Originally posted by azimuth

the one driving looks turkish doesn't she?

Look Iranian to me

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:46

As you see there are lots of beautiful women here.

Why do they need to wear turbans?In my opinion it hides their beauty.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:48
I agree, ethnically she looks Turkic, her nationality is obviously Iranian tho.
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:49
She looks Khot and thats whats important
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:49
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

That is the whole point Jagatai, and they are called roosaris. A lot of women would choose to wear them even if it wasn't against the law.  In a non-religious context, I think they actually make girls look hotter.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:54
Originally posted by Afghanan

Yes, where is the last photo with the doves? Looks magnificent.

Thats Mazar e Sharif in Balkh Province, here are some more photos of that area:

Wow. I love Iranic mosque architecture.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 14:10

There was also many more Iranic Mosques and Tombs in Balkh, that are not there anymore due to Chengiz Khans invasion.  I believe this mosque above was built during Timurid rule.

Here is one of the older Iranic Style Mosque that was destroyed:

This Timurid era Tombs were destroyed by the British:

Another Timurid Era Mosque:

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 14:19
I hope Afghanistan will eventually stand on its own feet and prosper, I want to visit Afghanistan and Tajikistan one day.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 14:53

Cagatay why dont you just shut up, and mind your own bussines, noone asked you why you are doing what you want, so dont ask other this.Realy bored from your comments about turban. Why dont you just mind you own bussiness. We dont need a kemalist missionary.Specialy when mother and wife of Ataturk wear these turbans, why dont you ask your questions to Ataturk himself ?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 14:56

By the way good photos, specially what Afghanan posted. I love Muslim people. And you have realy beatiful people Afghanan.

Edited by Mortaza
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 16:04
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

Modesty is also beautiful Jaghatai Khan

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 16:05

I hope Afghanistan will eventually stand on its own feet and prosper, I want to visit Afghanistan and Tajikistan one day.

Yeah thats on my 'to do' list.  Those 2 countries, and also Uzbekistan, and also Northern Pakistan/India, as well as Turkmenistan.  I want to see that giant Ice Palace that ruler for life over there is making.

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 16:07
Originally posted by Mortaza

By the way good photos, specially what Afghanan posted. I love Muslim people. And you have realy beatiful people Afghanan. 

Mortaza,

Thanks, are you Muslim as well?

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 17:01

Cagatay why dont you just shut up, and mind your own bussines, noone asked you why you are doing what you want, so dont ask other this.Realy bored from your comments about turban. Why dont you just mind you own bussiness. We dont need a kemalist missionary.Specialy when mother and wife of Ataturk wear these turbans, why dont you ask your questions to Ataturk himself ?

Murtaza, I harshly suggest you to be careful with your words, you wont be able to call a person that way just because of his own, personal ideas.

Yes, Ataturks mother also had that kind of wearing. But she didnt have a turban, but a had scarf like most of the Sunnite Turks mothers had, still religious Sunnite women have such clothe type, and I deeply respect it with all my heart, their loyalty to their traditions and religions.

About the turban issue, it is an artificial agenda on Turkey, no need to busy our heads (in danger) with such things. Altough turban is being used by political purposes by some people.

Altough we dont have such wearings in Anatolian Islamic tradition, I also respect it and believe that it shouldnt be a point to judge people. We are a free and democratic country, I believe we will easily get over such issues in near future. 

No need to generalize Kemalists here, all Kemalists arent harsh against turban usage. Just calm down and write with more respect please.

Yeah, magnificient photos Afghanan, thanks for these. And I should clearify the fact that Afghan women are the most beautiful ones within the Islamic societies...

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 17:32
Originally posted by Afghanan

Yeah thats on my 'to do' list.  Those 2 countries, and also Uzbekistan, and also Northern Pakistan/India, as well as Turkmenistan.  I want to see that giant Ice Palace that ruler for life over there is making.

Yes, it would be good to put a tour list together and include Iran, Iraq and Turkey too.

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 22:26
Chinese Hui muslims

Chinese Koran

Shahanshah View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Shahanshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 22:40

Afghani Turkmen girls:

Turkmenistan: http://www.hansrossel.com/fotos/fotografie/turkmenistan/inde x.htm

Niger:

Women of Kobi, Niger gather together to celebrate after planting cowpeas in late April for food security purposes.

women near the niger river

Indonesia:

Indonesian women

Indonesian women Delegation in America:

CAIR-FL Representative Ahmed Bedier briefed an Indonesian Women delegation on American-Muslim participation in U.S. elections.

King of Kings, The Great King, King of the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>