Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extremist theocrat issues order to assassination president

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extremist theocrat issues order to assassination president
    Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 09:28
Pat Robertson, an American religious T.V. con-man, states that the U.S. to assassinate Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez:

Originally posted by Pat Robertson

We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability, Robertson said.

We dont need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator, he continued. Its a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.

Who is Pat Robertson? He is a hustler who takes advantage of sick, desperate people, by claiming that he can cure them through the T.V. with the power of god. He is a religious con-man. Millions watch his show and give him money. He has wisely used this money to promote radical conservative views and run for president.

In a rational world this man would be in prison for fraud. Thank god he has enough of money, connections, and gullible supporters to keep him out of a cell prison.

Here, take a look at his site yourself

Pat's main spiritual concern

Hey, do you have $10K cluttering your bank account? Maybe you are...
Originally posted by

today's philanthropist who sees Christian ministry as an investment in eternity.

You will buy these with this kind of money:

Monthly audio teaching tapes
Monthly Conference Calls with Dr. Robertson or a CBN Executive
Personal CBN Prayer Partners
An attractive Chairman's Circle pin.

Invest in your eternal salvation

Edited by hugoestr
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 09:46
Pat Robertson, lol, it is its own punchline. This guy is one person that I think makes America look bad. He has said he stopped hurricans during the 80s through the power of prayer. He also said that China is doing "what they have to" with having forced abortions to make their population not get as big, though he states he is pro-life. If he is so into the Bible, does it not say, "Though Shalt not kill"? Kind of reminds me of Animal Farm. At first they go, Though Shalt not kill any other animal and then they say without good reason. I agree, he should be put in jail for fraud and scamming the retired elderly out of their social security checks.

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 10:42

Hahahaha.... A Christian Fatwa ?

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested on-air that American operatives assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to stop his country from becoming "a launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism."

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said Monday on the Christian Broadcast Network's "The 700 Club."

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

Chavez has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of     President Bush, accusing the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

Robertson, 75, founder of the Christian Coalition of America and a former presidential candidate, accused the United States of failing to act when Chavez was briefly overthrown in 2002.

Electronic pages and a message to a Robertson spokeswoman were not immediately returned Monday evening.

Venezuela is the fifth largest oil exporter and a major supplier of oil to the United States. The     CIA estimates that U.S. markets absorb almost 59 percent of Venezuela's total exports.

Venezuela's government has demanded in the past that the United States crack down on Cuban and Venezuelan "terrorists" in Florida who they say are conspiring against Chavez.

Robertson has made controversial statements in the past. In October 2003, he suggested that the State Department be blown up with a nuclear device. He has also said that feminism encourages women to "kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."

source:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050823/ap_on_re_us/robertson_as sassination;_ylt=AoudMZuXdVBlwcTRv5S.8UxI2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiM W04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 10:43
I am in agreement with the above statement that Mr. Robertson makes America look bad. He has certainly taken extremism to another level...a destructive one, and his remarks should not be well-taken by most in the U.S. I believe he has now gone way too far with his comments!

Morty
mord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote mord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 11:01

Religious fanaticism comes in all forms.  If Mr. Robertson is so concerned with spending 20 Billion, perhaps he should spend some his own money to have the President of Venesula (who is obviously an Islamic Communist who endorses pagan witchcraft lesbianism and the destruction of right thinking folks).  Such a stratedgy would make great television...just think of it:

Pat: (on the 700 clubs) "Friends, Jesus told me last night that if you don't re-mortgage your home to take out the President of Venesula, that Commie-Islamic-pagan-warlock, he and his minions are gonna come for your children.  Call now.  God's operator's are waiting!"

Mord.

errr...left turn at vinland?
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 12:13
What a loser...

It is really sad to see desperate people follow him and all others like him. I doubt he is even a devout Christian himself, just a sad, pathetic man who is desperate for attention and money.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 12:47
Sounds to me like he is the one that needs taking out.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 13:13
Give the guy credit for inventing words and such. Have not heard that one before - "Commie-Islamic-pagan-warlock". If he had taken the time to understand his own statements he would have come to the conclusion that such a creature could not really exist.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 14:16

Venezuela Slams Robertson Over Remarks

By CHRISTOPHER TOOTHAKER, Associated Press Writer

CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's vice president accused religious broadcaster Pat Robertson on Tuesday of making "terrorist statements" by suggesting that American agents assassinate President Hugo Chavez.

Vice President Jose Vicente Rangel said Venezuela was studying its legal options, adding that how Washington responds to Robertson's comments would put its anti-terrorism policy to the test.

"The ball is in the U.S. court, after this criminal statement by a citizen of that country," Rangel told reporters. "It's huge hypocrisy to maintain this discourse against terrorism and at the same time, in the heart of that country, there are entirely terrorist statements like those."

The State Department distanced itself from Robertson's comments.

"We do not share his view, and his comments are inappropriate," spokesman Sean McCormack said.

There was no immediate comment from Chavez, who was winding up an official visit to Cuba on Tuesday. Scores of journalists awaited Chavez at the airport, where he was to board a plane for a trip to Jamaica to discuss a Venezuela initiative to supply petroleum to Caribbean countries under favorable financial terms.

On Monday, Robertson said on the Christian Broadcast Network's "The 700 Club": "We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability."

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

Chavez has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of     President Bush, accusing the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

Rangel called Robertson "a man who seems to have quite a bit of influence in that country," adding sarcastically that his words were "very Christian."

The comments "reveal that religious fundamentalism is one of the great problems facing humanity in these times," Rangel said.

Robertson's remarks appear likely to further stoke tensions between Washington and Caracas. Chavez has repeatedly claimed that American officials are plotting to oust or kill him charges U.S. officials have denied.

The United States is the top buyer of Venezuelan crude, but Chavez has made it clear he wants to decrease the country's dependence on the U.S. market by finding other buyers.

Chavez has survived a brief 2002 coup, a devastating two-month strike that ended in early 2003 and recall referendum in 2004. The former army paratroop commander, a close ally of Cuban leader     Fidel Castro, is up for re-election next year, and polls suggest he is the favorite.

SOURCE: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050823/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/robert son_assassination

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 15:58
Pat Robertson, lol. Commie, Muslim, Pagan, Warlock, what a funny insult. Think of it, Pat Robertson the sniper taking out Chavez.

ITAPEVI View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote ITAPEVI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 16:55
Aug. 23, 2005. 01:29 PM

>ADVERTISEMENT<

Venezuela likens Pat Robertson to a terrorist

ASSOCIATED PRESS

CARACAS, Venezuela Venezuelas vice-president accused religious broadcaster Pat Robertson today of making "terrorist statements by suggesting that American agents assassinate President Hugo Chavez.
Vice-President Jose Vicente Rangel said Venezuela was studying its legal options, adding that how Washington responds to Robertsons comments would put its anti-terrorism policy to the test.

The ball is in the U.S. court, after this criminal statement by a citizen of that country, Rangel told reporters. Its huge hypocrisy to maintain this discourse against terrorism and at the same time, in the heart of that country, there are entirely terrorist statements like those.

Earlier, Robertson had called on U.S. operatives to assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, saying it would be cheaper than starting a war ... and I dont think any oil shipments will stop.

We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability, Robertson said Monday on the Christian Broadcast Networks The 700 Club.

We dont need another $200-billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator, he said of the democratically elected Chavez, who is a frequent critic of U.S. foreign policy.

Its a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.
MORUMBI
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 18:12

Originally posted by Belisarius

What a loser...

It is really sad to see desperate people follow him and all others like him. I doubt he is even a devout Christian himself, just a sad, pathetic man who is desperate for attention and money.

Pat Robertson is delusional.  How anyone could confuse this jerk with a man of God is beyond me.  I have rarely known of his making reference to God or Christ, but he pontificates on political matters quite a lot.

He and his type are mostly concerned with sucking money out of peoples' pockets so they can feed their egos, and, of course, live well.  This comment makes one think he (at age 75) might be somewhat cognatively impaired.

I think the statutes should be researched to see if Robertson has violated any law with his stupid remark.  

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 19:47
Recently there was a case in Sweden, I beleive, of a music band offering a reward for killing George Bush... they were prosecuted, though they alleged it was only a joke. I think the same should be done to Ayatollah Robertson. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 22:05

This is a perfect example of what I was saying in a series of posts in the thread "US: Yep, we lost the Iraqi war..."  This thread is more appropriate to discuss what I posted, however.

Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

If you measure those who profess to be Bible-believing Christians against the Scripture, and they are found to be in contradiction with it, then they are not leading an exemplary Christian life and are probably not seeking God's will for their lives. Instead, they have let their own man-made "Christian institutions" and muddled doctrine cloud their thinking and judgement. In other words, if you measure Falwell, Bush, and any other professing Bible-believing Christian against the Scriptures and these men are found to be lacking, then yes, they are not seeking God's will (according to the Bible, not what they think is right) and are acting in contradiction to how a genuine Christian--in the Biblical definition--should behave.

There is no difference, in this case, with Pat Robertson.  Obviously Christ does not teach believers to kill or assassinate.  Calling himself a Christian who believes in the Word, he should have never advocated something so contradictory on the air.  With his influence and visibility as a TV evangelist, everything he says comes under scrutiny from all angles of society.  And, true to their form, CNN and the rest of the Christophobic media took it as the perfect opportunity to project negativity onto Christianity as a whole.  In conclusion, as a Bible-believing Christian I totally disagree with Robertson abusing his media air space by suggesting something so contradictory to the Bible on his show.  I would encourage everyone to not let the media's hatred for Christianity and Robertson's screw up give you a negative view of the religion or its book.  Although I don't know what is in his heart, Robertson's behavior on the outside is very hypocritical and is not exemplary of Bible believeing Christians.

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2005 at 09:04

Well, well...Robertson apologizes...he was misunderstood.

If you have never done so, and can receive it, tune in to his "700 Club" to see just what a silly bastard this man is.  He gushes and giggles like a teen age girl at times, and, as we have seen, says all manner of idiotic things.

Again, at age 75, I feel he may be becoming senile and have cognative problems.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2005 at 09:56

Robertson is not the spokeperson for Christianity in America. He is a charlatan for profit. Christians should not be ridiculed for Robertson's attack and denials.

He actually said assassinate and take him out on TV (Chavez). Yet when facing the music he focused on the 'take him out part' and never mentioned that he had used the word 'assassinate'. Too bad for him that he was already taped in a lie.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2005 at 11:15
The man is a stupid asshole of the American TV.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2005 at 12:02
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Well, well...Robertson apologizes...he was misunderstood.

If you have never done so, and can receive it, tune in to his "700 Club" to see just what a silly bastard this man is.  He gushes and giggles like a teen age girl at times, and, as we have seen, says all manner of idiotic things.

Again, at age 75, I feel he may be becoming senile and have cognative problems.

He does act like an immature moron on the 700 Club. I think that he is a horrible representation of America and Christianity.

Post Reply Post Reply