Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How important is it to learn to write Far

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How important is it to learn to write Far
    Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 00:02
I know that the majority of the young people living outside Iran do speak Farsi, but can they actually write and read it too? I just think it would be nice to open this thread and talk about how we can improve our Farsi writing or the most important of all, is it really important to learn to write and read in our language or its enough to speak it????
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 08:09
Yes it is very important to retain the literary aspect of your language, without it the spoken will fade and be gone too by the next generation.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 17:54
Written literature has a lot to do with cementing a people's consciousness about their own cultural identity. If i was Persian i would feel it would be absolutely necessary to learn how to speak, read and write in farsi. As Zagros said, the language can slowly fade away, but once you know how to read and write, it is much harder to lose your knowledge of that language.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 12:21
Originally posted by Aydin

I know that the majority of the young people living outside Iran do speak Farsi, but can they actually write and read it too? I just think it would be nice to open this thread and talk about how we can improve our Farsi writing or the most important of all, is it really important to learn to write and read in our language or its enough to speak it????

What's "farsi"? I've never heard of it

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 12:27

farsi

n 1: a person of Iranian descent; "many Farsi emigrated to India near Bombay" [syn: Farsi] 2: the language of Persia (Iran) in any of its ancient forms [syn: Persian, Farsi]

Don't mention it

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=farsi

Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 12:37

Oh i see, you meant Parsi?

Wow, that's one BISAVAD Dictionary

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:53
Farsi/Parsi/Persian - daft nationalist sentiments aside, they are the same thing.
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2005 at 13:56

Yeah, but in diffrent languages

Post Reply Post Reply