Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is the majority of westerners uncomfortable with Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the majority of westerners uncomfortable with Islam?
    Posted: 21-Aug-2005 at 23:18
There were top Armenian generals (from the Russian Empire) on the Russian side.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2005 at 23:25
And on  the Ottoman side

9 generals on both sides combined were Armenians (Turkish-Russian war of 1877-78):

Mikhail Loris-Melikov, Ivan Lazarev, Arzas Ter-Gukasov, Yakov Alkhazov, Dmitri Ter-Asaturov, Ivan Loris-Melikov and the generals Denibekov, Kishmishev and Kethudov.

They sound like theyre all from Russia....damnit you were right lol

Ahh...it says both fronts combined (Caucasian and Balkan), not both sides. hah my mistake.

Whatever...Armenians make kick-ass generals either way. Joaqim Murat, Napoleon's top general, is a good example . (his real name was Hovakim Muradian, he was an ethnic Armenian born in Karabagh)

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 17:32

Samuel Huntington, author of "The Clash of Civilizations," tells us that out of 22 active conflicts in the world today, 20 involve Moslems and someone else - Moslems and Christians, Moslems and Jews, Moslems and Catholics, Moslems and Orthodox, Moslems and Hindus.

Perhaps this sheads a little light on why not just the western world, but east and west, are a little uneasy with Islam..

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 17:43

Geez, all we need now are moslems against the Confusians, Shintoists, Buddhists, and above all the Raelists.

Maybe that will come tommorow.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 19:23
I do not believe that all Muslims think this way but it seems there some who do take it to this extreme. I have been told that only about 10% of Muslims in the world take it to this extreme so what is 10% out of around 1.1 billion??? I would ask peaceful Muslims like Seko what are you doing to support the peaceful side of Islam and your interpretation of the Koran? Since I have your attention anything new in the supplement world? I suggest checking out hyluronic acid.

Islamic radicals demand guilty verdict for Christians
Women on trial for teaching Bible to children with permission of parents

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Posted: August 21, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By John M. Lindner
2005 Assist News Service

Islamic radicals are in no way concealing their agenda as they campaign for a guilty verdict in a court case involving three Christian women accused of "Christianizing" Muslim children in Indonesia.

An Indonesian correspondent known only as Ibrahim B. says their agenda is spelled out in an Indonesian-language book with an English title, "Jihad and the Foreign Policy of the Khilafah State...... see link

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=458 60
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 19:45

What I am doing now. That is my answer to the first question. Showing an alternative to the age old extremist moslem voice. We mellow types are the majority you know.

Haven't got a clue about hyluronic acid. Just hope you don't get any on your shoes. Sounds like it might leave a stain.

Always can go for more antioxidants. Looky here: Astaxanthin - http://www.astafactor.com/in-nature.htm

Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 21:19

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Whatever...Armenians make kick-ass generals either way. Joaqim Murat, Napoleon's top general, is a good example . (his real name was Hovakim Muradian, he was an ethnic Armenian born in Karabagh)

Muahahahahha Murat an ethnic albanian!!!! Marshall Joachim Murat was a frenchman. I like those greeks, italians and whatsoever claiming french heroes because they have none. What next Joan of Arc was turk roflmao.

Joachim Murat born at labiastide fortuniere was as french as you can get. With a french surname and a french first name.

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 21:35
Murat?
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 21:54
When Muslims are in the minority (as they are in America, Britain, India) the message is always "Let us live in peace with one another, for Islam is a religion of tolerance and understanding." Then, once Islam has spread throughout the country, the message suddenly changes to "Anyone who stands against the Prophet is worthy of death!"
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2005 at 22:16

Originally posted by erci

Murat?

Yes Murat is as french a name as you can get.  Many french names end with a consonant (especially t , y, c and d). And God, Murat in french has nothing to do with whatever Murat in Turkey. Murat in french is pronounced as Mu-raa

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 00:20

Murat/Murad is also used by Turks and Armenians. Muradian is still a popular last name among Armenians.

Armenian Survival, where did you get that information? Wikipedia says that he was born to Pierre Murat-Jordy and Jeanne Loubires.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 01:00

Originally posted by the kid

When Muslims are in the minority (as they are in America, Britain, India) the message is always "Let us live in peace with one another, for Islam is a religion of tolerance and understanding." Then, once Islam has spread throughout the country, the message suddenly changes to "Anyone who stands against the Prophet is worthy of death!"

you better continue your discussion about the false Quran against the Bible thread you started and never showed up since.

and about this post as most of your posts its false statment and a propaganda.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 17:11
Originally posted by azimuth

you better continue your discussion about the false Quran against the Bible thread you started and never showed up since.

I tend to agree with what he is saying and I find groups like CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relations) a threat to our constitution and free speech. I am sure they would like to make it a hate crime to criticize Islam in anyway in the U.S. As an American it is my right to criticize any belief system or political viewpoint. In Australia it is a hate crime to criticize Islam, even from their Holy books. Even in a church setting you cannot criticize them at all or you can face a stiff fine and jail sentence. As Islam grows in America they will fight for more political influence and even eventually try to push Sharia law on the majority. I do not think it will happen real soon, but if they keep growing and outnumber non-Muslims it is a big possibility. If you look at Sudan, Indoneasia, Chad, Nigeria, Pakistan you can see, with current events, what the kid says it true.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2005 at 23:52
Originally posted by eaglecap

Originally posted by azimuth

I tend to agree with what he is saying and I find groups like CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relations) a threat to our constitution and free speech. I am sure they would like to make it a hate crime to criticize Islam in anyway in the U.S. As an American it is my right to criticize any belief system or political viewpoint. In Australia it is a hate crime to criticize Islam, even from their Holy books. Even in a church setting you cannot criticize them at all or you can face a stiff fine and jail sentence. As Islam grows in America they will fight for more political influence and even eventually try to push Sharia law on the majority. I do not think it will happen real soon, but if they keep growing and outnumber non-Muslims it is a big possibility. If you look at Sudan, Indoneasia, Chad, Nigeria, Pakistan you can see, with current events, what the kid says it true.

its funny how you call muslims they when they are as american as you and when what you would consider white americans are converting in record numbers, yes white american muslims, are they too right.  even if it becomes the majority religion it somehow is unamerican to be muslim because muslim defines you as non american wow thats just hilarious. muslims are all good when they are in minor numbers and arent part of politics and mainstream american life but as soon as that happens you got a problem that is hilarious.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2005 at 00:04
Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl

Originally posted by erci

Murat?

Yes Murat is as french a name as you can get.  Many french names end with a consonant (especially t , y, c and d). And God, Murat in french has nothing to do with whatever Murat in Turkey. Murat in french is pronounced as Mu-raa

I'm glad it's got nothing to do with Turkish Murat.never heard of french one tho
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2005 at 00:47
I have checked, and my Armenian sources say that he was born in Krkjan (in Karabagh) in september 25, 1767. His father had experiance with Karabagh horses. As a teenager he travelled to Moscow, Austria, Germany, and then to France with his father. In 1787 he served in the French Cavalry, etc...
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2005 at 02:11
Joachim Murat, whose true name was Hovakim Muradian, left together with his father, who supplied Karabakhian racehorses to Russia, for Moscow, then Austria, Germany and at last he came to France. They were Armenians, originally from Karabakh, who travelled and eventually lived in France.

Even Naploeon's bodyguard was an Armenian...a man named Rostan. Rostan was born in Tbilisi, Georgia. At 9 years of age he was kidnapped and sent to Egypt, where he was sold to one of the local rich people, who in turn gave him as a present to Napoleon.

It is not uncommon to have a general of a nation not actually be of that nation's ethnicity. As previously stated, many top Russian generals were in fact Armenian.

Originally posted by Queztalcoatl

Muahahahahha Murat an ethnic albanian!!!! Marshall Joachim Murat was a frenchman. I like those greeks, italians and whatsoever claiming french heroes because they have none. What next Joan of Arc was turk roflmao.

Next thing youre gonna tell me is Charles Aznavour is a Frenchman and not Armenian . Afterall, his first name is as French as you can get. (Charles isnt his real first name btw)

Its very possible that he designated himself as Joachim Murat because he was in France. Hovakim Muradian---Joachim Murat. French version of an Armenian name. Some Armenians alter their names to fit into the national profile of whichever nation they live in. Many Armenians in Russia have their last names ending in '-ov', rather than the Armenian '-ian'. Same last name, except for the ending. Murat happens to be a first name used by Armenians (as well as Turks), as well as a very common Armenian last name in Muradian/Muratian  (pronounced Mooradian/Mooratian)

I could be wrong, im not bashing your info. But it says he was born in Karabakh, and his father was even there. I dont know many Frenchman in the late 1700's who were from Karabakh.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2005 at 03:14

Joachim Murat born at labiastide fortuniere was as french as you can get. With a french surname and a french first name.

Ah thanks, but I am sure   greeks, armenians or Turks have  more hero than France. Dont take it serious but, france are a new nation compared to others

And,  Erci is right, I wont call anyone as Turkish hero who fight for France.

Edited by Mortaza
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2005 at 14:23

Joachim Murat, whose true name was Hovakim Muradian, left together with his father, who supplied Karabakhian racehorses to Russia, for Moscow, then Austria, Germany and at last he came to France. They were Armenians, originally from Karabakh, who travelled and eventually lived in France.

Even Naploeon's bodyguard was an Armenian...a man named Rostan. Rostan was born in Tbilisi, Georgia. At 9 years of age he was kidnapped and sent to Egypt, where he was sold to one of the local rich people, who in turn gave him as a present to Napoleon.

It is not uncommon to have a general of a nation not actually be of that nation's ethnicity. As previously stated, many top Russian generals were in fact Armenian.

Originally posted by Queztalcoatl

Next thing youre gonna tell me is Charles Aznavour is a Frenchman and not Armenian . Afterall, his first name is as French as you can get. (Charles isnt his real first name btw)

Its very possible that he designated himself as Joachim Murat because he was in France. Hovakim Muradian---Joachim Murat. French version of an Armenian name. Some Armenians alter their names to fit into the national profile of whichever nation they live in. Many Armenians in Russia have their last names ending in '-ov', rather than the Armenian '-ian'. Same last name, except for the ending. Murat happens to be a first name used by Armenians (as well as Turks), as well as a very common Armenian last name in Muradian/Muratian  (pronounced Mooradian/Mooratian)

I could be wrong, im not bashing your info. But it says he was born in Karabakh, and his father was even there. I dont know many Frenchman in the late 1700's who were from Karabakh.

Umm... can you provide a source here. I've noticed that this is a common case amongst marginal ethnicities to try to appropriate other people's history.  How could Joachim be Armenian if his parents were French?

Edited by caligari
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2005 at 14:26
Originally posted by Mortaza

Ah thanks, but I am sure   greeks, armenians or Turks have  more hero than France. Dont take it serious but, france are a new nation compared to others

And,  Erci is right, I wont call anyone as Turkish hero who fight for France.

France is an older country than Turkey that's for sure. Furthermore France has been able to achieve more in its "short" history than most other nations on earth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>