Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is the majority of westerners uncomfortable with Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Shahanshah View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shahanshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the majority of westerners uncomfortable with Islam?
    Posted: 25-Aug-2005 at 21:33
Originally posted by strategos

Originally posted by Shahanshah

Originally posted by strategos

Originally posted by Shahanshah

western christians always hated muslims, not only muslims but easterners and non-westerners. look what they did to native americans. westerners were( myabe still are) so racist that they could not even tolerate each other.

And eastern muslims always hated muslims, not only christians but all westerners including jews. Look what they did to armenians. easterners were (maybe still are) so racist that they could not even tolerate each other.

It can be said about both

easterners tolerated each other more than westerners.

so tolerant that christians and other religioyus minorities cannot even hold religious services in the country, let alone try to convert anyone or face a strick penalty. More toleration when westerners are Purposely targeted in many islamic based countries? Only more tolerate to each others muslim brothers.

west, and you are a prime example of that. its true when they say tall buildings, advance technology, doesnt make you civilized, its through your behaviour that makes you civilized or not.

And stoning women to death is quite civilized. Treating woman like crap and giving men most of the rights is also highly sophisticated culture. We have the tall buildings, but it is you who are the ones trying to blow them up.  Human life does not even seem valued, it is better used to kill the enemies by blowin themselves up  than be put to work to rebuild or work its own country

muslims dont hate muslims

What of the huge hate in Iraq between the sunni and shia muslims? They do not have hate? Or the slaughtering of kurds in both Iraq and in turkey, and the persecution of them in Iraq and Iran? no more al jezeera or totally pro islam anti western media anymore..

okay i was talking about pre-twentieth century, but im glad you mention that. see the imperialist west always tries to play poeple against each other. its part of their divide and conquor methods. who do you think was giving saddam chemical weapons to use them against kurds? the west and they did not even say anything to him but provided him with more deadly weapons, untill he attacks western interests.  the kurds used to have their own autonomous state within ottman empire and safavids. only recentlry with the help of british bastard imperialist the kurdish people were divided among 3 states (the kurds in iran were always part of iran, were not taken by the british tho). the british encouraged pan-arabism against iran and since iranians are mostly shias, the sonnis were used to create hatred against them. the west (russians) encouraged pan-turkism against iran and others to achieve their own objectives in caucusus and central asia.

now they have brought zionism to our land. i dont want to get started on that.

i dont even read aljazeera, nor no islamic media. i have access to western media. and all western leaders in someway preach hatred against islam and muslims. and use faulse pretexes to punish us. in latin america, the usa used communism as a pretext to ruin that place, in middle east its way more complicated, the use "democracy and freedom", israel and many more. They want our Oil, and many elements in western politics and governments, hate muslims.

King of Kings, The Great King, King of the world.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 06:55

What of the huge hate in Iraq between the sunni and shia muslims? They do not have hate? Or the slaughtering of kurds in both Iraq and in turkey, and the persecution of them in Iraq and Iran? no more al jezeera or totally pro islam anti western media anymore..

Slaughtering of Kurds in Turkey?! BSing is prohibited within the AE society. Hold on to the topic.

Saddam massacring Turkmens and Kurds doesnt mean religious hate. It's about his political purposes. During WWII, it wasnt Muslims hating Christians right? Dont change everything into a religious conflict, some sense please.

Also, history isnt full of religious brotherhood btw different sects. Crusader army was also christian when they ruined Constantinople. Ottomans were also Muslims but they hated Anatolian Alevis.

Edited by Oguzoglu
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 07:22

Slaughtering of Kurds in Turkey?!

how  many kurd slaughtered? This is realy a stupid sentence comes from a  blind-man.

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 14:15
I live in Estonia where religion isn't on a very high level of regard and that is how i want to keep it. I would dislike it very much if Islam would want to expand into my homeland. Islam is peaceful in theory and is a good way of life if you believe in it, but as any of the three great religions it brings its bad sides with its minor peace. And actually i wouldn't care if it was as peaceful in reality aswell, the three great Abrahamic religions are just too repulsive for me. Way too contradictious and gullible.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 15:55
Yes finally we agree on something.  Abrahamic religions are exclusionary and thus have built in hate and persecution.  I dont even see the difference between Judaisim Christinaity and Islam, I see them all as plagues on humanity of equal misfortune.  Hopefully their own inborn capacity for violence will eventually make them obsolete.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2005 at 17:53
Originally posted by ill_teknique

Originally posted by eaglecap

And we need to take back the country from the
people that are reaping huge proftis from our tax dollars by diverting
it to the military industry and rebuilding contracts, and people who
step on the constiution every single day. Much of what Bush has done
has not been constiutional. Especialy the patriot act.

Yes, it seems today it is all about $$$$, so I can agree on this
and the Patriot act is scary. I know that in the Patriot Act they can
suspend the Second Amendment in a state of so-called emergency. I
strongly support the second Amendment.

They swore to protect and uphold the Constitution so who trusts politicians????

Diversity- our nation has always been diverse so nothing new there.
I do believe in a common language though and that is English. I also
encourage others to know other langauages. I can speak some Spanish but
I need more lessons. Immigrants and teaching English is good job
security for me.

Common langauge is not just neccessary its absolutely vital to the
sucess of a country you need a unificating factor that does not attack
your beliefs, culture(you dont have to forget your own langauge at any
point - at least not anymore), etc. There are politcians out
there that actually do give a you know what about the constitution but
they are not on either party so they will not get elected.

ps. what did you think about mccain?

I do not agree and we need a common language to unify but I think the school systems should be encouraged to teach a second langauge in the U.S. which should be Spanish and or French.
Spokane is mostly white but still people came from all over Europe and built this city and became Americans through a common langauge and similar culture. I still believe in the great melting pot but each culture adds something new to the pot. Tacos and Pizza have become very American etc.

I do not know enough about McCain
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2005 at 15:09
Current events are making many non-Muslims afraid of the extreme religious Muslims.

Anyone is free to believe what they want but if a particular religion (any faith) or political view (Communism or Nazis) interfere with the rights of other it is wrong.

What is happening in Sweden is bound to create a backlash.

Swedish Cultural Symbols Targeted by Attackers
Read and come to your own conclusion!!!

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/09/swedish-cultural-symbol s-targeted-by.html

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2005 at 15:18
None, I repeat, none of those cases of vandalism have yet been shown to have been made by immigrants (though of course, if it was, they should be kicked out to whereever they came from). The last time an old church were burnt down in Scandinavia was when a native Norwegian put fire to a Viking age stave church.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2005 at 16:19

Well your comment eagle? It looks like your jihat watch dont watch jihad well. Instead of watching jihad he make up stories.

Maybe you should be apogolise from muslims for your fake accusation.

ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2005 at 19:31
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

None, I repeat, none of those cases of vandalism have yet been shown to have been made by immigrants (though of course, if it was, they should be kicked out to whereever they came from). The last time an old church were burnt down in Scandinavia was when a native Norwegian put fire to a Viking age stave church.

the local mosque by my house which is growing over the last couple years has been vandalized on serveral occasions and it's nice to notice that i live in a heavily conservative area of illinois, du page county
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2005 at 16:47
Originally posted by ill_teknique

Originally posted by Styrbiorn

None, I repeat, none of those cases of vandalism have
yet been shown to have been made by immigrants (though of course, if it
was, they should be kicked out to whereever they came from). The last
time an old church were burnt down in Scandinavia was when a native
Norwegian put fire to a Viking age stave church.

the local mosque by my house which is growing over the last couple
years has been vandalized on serveral occasions and it's nice to notice
that i live in a heavily conservative area of illinois, du page county

that is wrong as well and violators should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 14:38
More reasons people might fear the spread of Islam. In my part of America we have few Muslims but lots of Catholics, Protestants and Mormons. I agree that these religions tend to be inclusive but today with a few exception, like the IRA, they are not violent. I will have to locate the article about extreme Protestants in Ireland but they cannot support their violence from the Bible like some radical Islamist misinterpret the Koran. Muslims are still a tiny, tiny, tiny minority in my area. I have heard the fastest growning religious institution in my area is called Life Center, a Four Square church. I heard there are a lot of cute young women that go there- hmmmm!! lol

Cultural genocide in the name of Islam
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=4815

The article does point out that many Muslims stand against this desocration of artifacts and the early Christian church did the same thing.

Indonesia: Muslims asked to stop closing churches

http://www2.dailynews.com/news/ci_3015583

I appluad the efforts of the government here.

The Face of Islamic Religious Intolerance.

http://www.isralert.com/archives/2005/09/the_face_of_isl.php

oh forgot! my original source was jihadwatch.org

Edited by eaglecap
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 14:58
^ i dont agree with your sources

that is like reading up on the srebrencia massacre and how it never happened from a site such as serbiana.com which is a highly ethnocentric ultranatonlistic chetnik site

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2005 at 18:19
I agree that these religions tend to be inclusive but today with a few exception, like the IRA, they are not violent.

Ahem, the IRA is not any confessional organization but a nationalist organization. If you would have ever read Republican media, you would know that Sinn Feinn (and therefore IRA) people do not want a mere inclusion in the current Republic of Ireland, whose Catholic extreme conservatism they fear and reject, but a refoudation of the Republic on clearly laicist bases.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456