Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst U.S. President

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst U.S. President
    Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 23:40

Who do you think is the worst president in the history of the United States of America and why?

For me, Jimmy Carter.  For one he screwed up the economy in general and with the oil crisis specifically.  He messed up the Iranian Hostage Crisis, in my opinion we should have invaded Iran and put our puppet back into power.  His whole "human rights diplomacy" idea was just retarded.  I also hate how he accused the US of "an inordinate fear of communism"  (yes, because being weary of the greatest threat to America's existence since our founding is very inordinate).  Not to mention he blamed the US for not respecting his mismanaged policies in "The Speech".

All in all, a totally unmitigated failure of a Presidency.

Member of IAEA
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 00:07
Funny, he is also considered one of the US's smartest ones but your right.. he probably should have never left the peanut farms.

Mine would be L.B. Johnson. He just couldnt handle the job and is part of one of the few conspiracys I actually consider in my head, being part of the JFK assassination.
Really weird changing everyone's name around him so that their initials were 'LBJ' too.
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 00:35
Harry S. Truman - is the first on my list as he was the US president to give the order to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki and claim around 500K+ lives as a result which must be considered at level with Germans concentration camps, as it not only killed the people but it also caused their infertility, and their children to suffer.

But Id have to admit 'G.W.Bush' is contending for the worst, his image is such that his wits are leveled with that a monkey and he has proven the incompitancy of both US politics and the military in just about all fields, and that all it takes for the US economy to shake is terrorism or the intent of terrorism, the parnanoid imbalance of the US public under conditions what an middle eastern lives every single day. (oh and he's also proven that the US is willing to plunge the world into economic crisis just for its own gain)

p.s. The usage of the 'bomb' although is debated, it proves one thing for modern times, the US is unstable enough,that if it is threatened, to the extent that it can not cope with situations, just to save US lives it will use the Nuclear Bomb.

Edited by baracuda
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 01:18

Truman? Truman used the bomb to save many americans lives. The invasion of Japan tolled anywhere from 500.000-1.000.000 casualties. The bomb was an easy effective way to end the war with minimal US casualites.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 01:22
Maybe similar is the case with Iran? or Iraq? and you in greece like the nuclear fallout which will effect you. minimal US lives will be lost..

Those american soldiers lives were not worth the death of so many innocents, people, families, children. If you fight a war, you fight it and accept military casualties, you dont go killing your enemies families, and children to be.   

Edited by baracuda
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 01:25
Nuclear weapons today an unacceptible, so i highly doubt they will be used anywhere unless under certain circumstances. The world would nto stand for it, and it would be the downfall of the US.
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 07:17
"in my opinion we should have invaded Iran and put our puppet back into power."

You would support your government placing up puppet governments, and the same time you believe in your democracy (i believe you do alteast). It would show nothing but the retardedness of a country who seeks power and pride in controlling other peoples lives which results in creating enemies who threaten the lives of your own people. Really beyond me.

Teddy Roosevelt
Basically because i have heard that he was anti-Indian, and would have been happy to take all rights from the natives, but due to the fact that he made the American newcomers happy, he is regarded as a legend of some sort.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 07:39
It's difficult to chose: there are so many...

Basically Reagan and GWB will do... it's just about their IQ...

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 08:49

Originally posted by Maju

You do realize that both are very intelligent right?!

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 09:04
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Originally posted by Maju

You do realize that both are very intelligent right?!

No. I find them both very dumb (but "mediatic", good communicators). The only one somehow smart of that clan is Bush Sr. (who was a poor communicator curiously but who has actually been the one pulling the strings all the time).

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 10:24

Did you know that Bush had a 4.0 in college, which is .1 above Kerry, whom many said was smarter.  I don't believe he is dumb, that is just a steriotype of Texans.

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 11:20
College makes nobody smart. If you were not smart before, you ain't gonna get smarter there, only a degree. Thousands of people go to colleges, universities and about 90% of them are just as dumb as before. 
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 11:37

You can be school smart and still be a dumba**  in the real world, all you did is prove that. lol

And about Truman and the bomb, there would have been high civilian casualties also if we went on to invade Japan. The Japanese military told the civilians that the Americans would kill, rape, and eat their children and the public believed it. Many parents were going to kill there children and many civilians would have tried fighting, and if these civilians did they wouldn't be using very many guns. The invasionwould have been a blood bath and instead of talking about how cruel Americans are today for dropping the bomb, you'd probably be saying "The Americans are horrible for shooting and slaughtering so many innocent people who were just trying to fight for their land. This just shows how American policy is." These civilians would be trying to kill people though, but people always look beyond that because they were trained soldiers. So no matter what Americans do, we were going to be blamed for doing wrong because WW2 made us a super power.

Also something you should know, the Soviets were on their way to Japan and Americans thought they should rush a victory after what happened with Germany and the Russians. The Russians would have killed, raped, and pillaged. After the war America didn't do that, infact America helped them rebuild their country funding them and bringing in alot of food and supplies. So the Japanese would have had higher casualties from both the Americans and the Soviets coming in.

Most horrible president, I'm not liking Bush for lieing, blaming the "mistake" on the CIA so he could get away from it, and having lack of strategy because he felt we should just jump into the war without listening to everyone else. He underestimated the Iraq situation thinking it was going to be cake work, and if he took alittle more time we probably could have braught in some help if he didn't alienate our allies by saying "Your either with us or with them," If that shows anything, this guy really is dumb and theres no two ways about it.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 12:10

Lol, you really truly believe he is dumb?!  My word, looks as if the media has gotten to you all.  Pitty.

The intelligence was a mistake, Bush has said that.  What more do you want?  You want us to pull out right now so more Iraqis can die?

He never underustimated the Iraq situation.  He was right on target when it started.  The Iraqi ""army" fell quickly.  No one could have foreseens the insurgence comeing from other countries and blowing themselves up to kill civilians and soldiers.  You can't possibly expect him to see the future.

We did not alienate countries.  We said they could help, and they rufused.  And the attitude that "your either with us or against us" is completly in your own mind and completly made up.  If that was our attitude and we could not understand the fact countries did not want to help us, then we would be at war with half of Europe.

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 12:17

I don't think carter was so bad. I think he was just a victim of wider issues in the world that were beyond his control.

My motley crue include, Jackson, Madison, Munroe, Tyler and Reagan.

But the title archdick supreme must surely go to Grant.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 12:42

The intelligence was a mistake, Bush has said that.  What more do you want?  You want us to pull out right now so more Iraqis can die?

The CIA came to the US with a report and said they weren't sure he had any weapons of mass destruction, instead of waiting for more information Bush just jumped into the war. Later he blamed the CIA saying that they were responsible for not giving enough information, and Bush still continued to say Iraq had WMD even though there was and there still isn't any evidence.

He never underustimated the Iraq situation.  He was right on target when it started.  The Iraqi ""army" fell quickly.  No one could have foreseens the insurgence comeing from other countries and blowing themselves up to kill civilians and soldiers.  You can't possibly expect him to see the future.

You have three groups in Iraq that are uneasy with each other Shia, Sunni, and Kurd. You really believe it wouldn't have been a good idea to get more help for peace keeping? Saddam was the only one to keep the country together through fear, what would happen when he is gone no one knew. All Bush expected was to fight and destroy the Iraqi army never thinking about what would happen afterwards, when your dealing with life you should think of the repercussions that can follow, you can't just go all gung-ho because your have to much confidence in yourself, you call that being smart?

Bush said this on national TV, "Over time it's going to be important for nations to know they will be held accountable for inactivity," he said. "You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror."

Heres why you shouldn't say something like that, it puts alot of doubt in your leadership and further more in the country you represent, thank you Mr.Bush for further screwing up our image. http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/1114/p7s1-wogi.html This was article was shortly after he said it.

The president's good-versus-evil rhetoric also denies shades of gray, says Richard Falk, professor of politics and international affairs at Princeton University. Such language "implies too much clarity in a world that's much messier than that," he says. "It shows a lack of respect for the sovereignty of other countries and may place them between contradictory pressures."

Now that was burned into our allies mind and became the slogan for the war on terror, you really think its a good idea to use that a a ralleying point, you need to convince your allies, not give them a empty threat because you want something done on your own agenda.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 13:17
Truman, for managing post-war relations with the USSR so incredibly poorly and with such lack of tact it split the world into two camps for generations to come. This in turn resulted in a series of puppet governments, superpower-sponsored revolution, a massive cost to civilian development thanks to the arms race and all the other trash resulting from the Cold War. If only he could have understood the USSR was just a scared nationed which was thoroughly sick of seeing her people slaughtered and lands ravaged, instead of adopting an adversarial attiude and treating his ally with contempt.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 14:02

Did you know that Bush had a 4.0 in college, which is .1 above Kerry, whom many said was smarter. I don't believe he is dumb, that is just a steriotype of Texans.

Bush didn't have a 4.0. He got plenty of Cs.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 14:06

Did you know that Bush had a 4.0 in college, which is .1 above Kerry, whom many said was smarter. I don't believe he is dumb, that is just a steriotype of Texans.

And Bush is dumb and not from Texas. He is, i n fact, a dumb yankee No wonder he moved.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 14:16

Lol, you really truly believe he is dumb?! My word, looks as if the media has gotten to you all. Pitty.

Someone else seems to be watching too much conservative media, e.i. Fox.

He never underustimated the Iraq situation. He was right on target when it started. The Iraqi ""army" fell quickly. No one could have foreseens the insurgence comeing from other countries and blowing themselves up to kill civilians and soldiers. You can't possibly expect him to see the future.

In fact, many analyst did forsee what is happenning. The White House, Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld, ignored analysis after analysis that predicted what is going on today. Instead, the focused on the "best case scenario."

The day that Bagdad fell, I heared a Middle East expert saying on the news that people believed that this was the end, but this was only the beginning. Rebel forces and chaos was ahead.

So you see, it was forseenable, it was told to Bush, but he ignored it. Not only that: he gave a medal to the person who messed up the intelligence about Iraq. In Bushtopia, gross mistakes that take the lives of thousands of civilians and Americans are rewarded with medals.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>