Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tuvan Music by Shu De

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tuvan Music by Shu De
    Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 23:13
I got me a nice music CD today.it's called "Voices From Distant Steppe" by Shu-de.It's a great album and AFAIK it's their first one.Album includes many regular style Tuvan Music along with the Tuvan throat singing style (Tuvans are well known for throat-singing).

Shu-de is the word a rider shouts to their horse, like "gee up" it also means "good" or "excellent" in appreciation of a musical performance.Shu-de use throat-singing for both lead and backing vocals and combine the technique with the khomus (jaw's harp) which is tuned to the voice of the singer.All songs are in tuvan language.

I'm not gonna post the whole album but a few favorite of me which those you can also find over web by different sources.

- Shyngyr-Shyngyr  http://rapidshare.de/files/3956099/Track07.mp3.html 

2.2 MB  (1:22)

- Shyngyr-Shyngyr; the onomatopoeia of the title and song decribe the sound of the ringing bells of the horse's bridle, while the lyrics praise the beauty of the horse

Yraazhy Kyz (the singing girl) http://rapidshare.de/files/3959743/Track06.mp3.html

3.7 MB  (2:19)

song goes; "You have long black plaits, you are very beautiful.your youth inspires me, I'd love to see you as long as I can, I'd love to hear your voice of a nightingale as long as I can"
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 08:03

thankx

OUT OF LIMIT
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 01:27
another fine piece of Tuvan Music by Tuva Kyzy (Tuvan Girl)

it only streams no DL available

http://www.tyvakyzy.com/media/sound2.mp3
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 03:36

I had this one site that had many Tuvan Throat Singing songs in it.  I thought their throat singing was their traditional music.  Anyway, I think Throat Singing is the most unique and unbelievable form of singing on Earth, it's something, no matter how much you listen to it, that you will never understand how they do it.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 04:21

That's true, I remember once I watched on TV a Mongolian lady singing this way, it was awesome and I loved it.

yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 08:19

I thought throat singing was only for men?

Would be interesting how deep her undertones are, though.

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 23:52
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2012 at 14:36
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2012 at 03:18
 Post Reply Post Reply