Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Discrepancies between the Bible and Quran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discrepancies between the Bible and Quran
    Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 03:08
  • Christians worship three gods: the Father, the Mother (Mary), and the Son (Jesus) (Sura 5:73-75, 116) Yusuf Ali's translation deliberately mistranslates Sura 5:73 by saying "They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity". The words "in a Trinity" are not in the Arabic text. The Aramic says, "Allah is the third of three".
  • Christians bow in prayer towards Jeruselem (Sura 2:144, 145)
  • Wine and sex in heaven (Sura 2:25; 4:57; 11:23; 47:15). Was this not Muhammad's desire?
  • It took eight days to create the earth. (Sura 41:9, 10, 12 -- 4+4+2=8 days). The Bible says six days. Other Suras say six days (7:51, 10:3)
  • One of the sons of Noah refused to go into the ark and was drowned in the flood (Sura 11:32-48). The Bible says all three went in.
  • The ark came to rest on Mount Judi (Sura 11:44). The Bible says it came to rest on Mount Ararat.
  • Abraham father's name was Azar (Sura 6:74). The Bible says it was Terah.
  • Abraham lived in the valley of Mecca (Sura 14:37). The Bible says he lived in Hebron.
  • Abraham went to sacrifice Ishmael (Sura 37:100-112). The Bible says it was Issac.
  • Abraham built the Kabah (Sura 2:125-127). The Bible does not say this.
  • Abraham was thrown into a fire [by Nimrod]. The tale of Abraham being delivered from Nimrod's fire came from the Jewish Midrash Rabbah and was incorporated into the Quran (see Suras 21:51-71; 37:97,98). It must be also pointed out that Nimrod and Abraham did not live at the same time. Muhammad was always mixing people together in the Quran who did not live at the same time. The Bible tells us Nimrod lived MANY CENTURIES BEFORE ABRAHAM--HE COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS.
  • Throughout the Quran--Nimrod and Abraham, Haman and Moses, Mary and Aaron, etc. were all pictured as living and working together. Moses and the flood are found together, the tower of Babel and Pharoh, etc. like they all happened at the same time.
  • Man who bought Joseph was named Aziz (Sura 12:21ff). The Bible says it was Potiphar.
  • Quran messes up numerous Bible people. Goliath becomes Jalut, Saul becomes Talut, Enoch Idris, John the Baptist Yahya, Jonah Yunus, etc. Because Muhammad had no Bible to read he frequently got the names and events all wrong--but then again, he was supposed to be a prophet!
  • Pharoh's wife adopted Moses (Sura 28:8, 9). Bible says it was Pharoh's daughter.
  •  

Edited by the kid
    strategos View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
      Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 03:15
    Perhaps translation problems.. 
    http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
    Komnenos View Drop Down
    Tsar
    Tsar
    Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 04:52
    Inaccurties of the bible in the Quran

And what's your point here?

It might be of course that Mohammed, after having done some extensive research, could improve on the historical accuracy of the bible. The book is not exactly known for the precision of its accounts of historical events.
    [IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
    Cywr View Drop Down
    King
    King
    Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 05:30
    And what's your point here?

This obviously proves that muslims are always wrong, sheez, where have you been all your life

Note for the dimwitted, that was sarcasm.

Arrrgh!!"
    Constantine XI View Drop Down
    Suspended
    Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 06:12
    Oh you mean those two books of murky origin written by a bunch of mysoginistic, homophobic, unworldy, socially outcast old goat herders..........

Yes I would expect such pieces of literature to have the occasional bit of inaccuracy. It's kind of like Hollywood, of dubious quality but they still manage to get their audience, even if it is done through threats of fire and brimstone.
    Constantine XI View Drop Down
    Suspended
    Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 06:15
    Hm, that was a little harsh of me, I was just being flippant. Personally I do not have much faith in those works as they were compiled in the name of men who were dead when they were written. Had Jesus or Mohammed actually sat down and dictated and edited such works I would take them more seriously, but they were written by disciples who are prone to lapses in memory and bias like every other human being ever born.
    azimuth View Drop Down
    Caliph
    Caliph
    SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 06:33

i dont feel like to get into a detailed discussion about this, jut to point out that there are some misunderstanding in transilation there but then Who cares, Muslims are Muslims and christans are christans , many people from both sides are showing "how wrong " the other is. plus that i dont think you "the kid" up to a discussion since what you post is more likely a Copy/past job.

just as an example from the misunderstanding in transilation

the name "Aziz" was not the name of the man who bought Joseph it was his title and in that sentence it meant like a minister or something like that rank.

lol

Edited by azimuth
    Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 07:57
    Indeed, who cares of what the books contain, they are a bunch of science-fiction pieces in the first place. The main thing is to believe in God, not to compare Islam and Christianity, which are the one and the same religion, just in different cultural districts.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
    Paul View Drop Down
    General
    General
    AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 08:38
    Have you considered that Muhammad may have discovered a superior source of information on these subjects and was in fact simply correcting mistakes in the Bible.

Edited by Paul
    Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
    azimuth View Drop Down
    Caliph
    Caliph
    SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 08:44

Originally posted by Constantine XI

Hm, that was a little harsh of me, I was just being flippant. Personally I do not have much faith in those works as they were compiled in the name of men who were dead when they were written. Had Jesus or Mohammed actually sat down and dictated and edited such works I would take them more seriously, but they were written by disciples who are prone to lapses in memory and bias like every other human being ever born.

i dont know much about the Bible

but the Quran was written when Prophet Mohammed was alive.

Komnenos View Drop Down
    Tsar
    Tsar
    Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 08:44
    Originally posted by Paul

Have you considered that Muhammad may havediscovered a superior source ofinformation on these subjects and was in fact simply correcting mistakes in the Bible.

He hasn't obviously, but I did in my above post!
    [IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
    Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain
    Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 10:32

One God(Allah) one holy book(Qura'n) and what you are talking about is no more arabized word or translated word

in Qura'n Azer the uncle of prophet Abraham (pbuh).

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
    Khalid Bin Walid
    Paul View Drop Down
    General
    General
    AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 10:55

Originally posted by Komnenos

Have you considered that Muhammad may have discovered a superior source of information on these subjects and was in fact simply correcting mistakes in the Bible.

He hasn't obviously, but I did in my above post!

OK you got that one in first and I completely missed it's.

Still it's such a good one it deserves saying twice....

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
    Maju View Drop Down
    King
    King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 11:45

According to Quran, Christians and Jews are guilty of modifying the text of the book, specially to hide the announcement of Muhammed. Jesus wasn't crucified and died but it was another man or an illusion or something...

But according to the Bible, the earth is flat and pigs fly, a it's usually said.

As someone said above, it's all just but science-fiction, like that Arkansan Jurassic Park of Eden that someone posted about in another thread.

Edited by Maju

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
    Belisarius View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 11:56
    I do not feel like going too deep into detail, but a couple of these points have obviously been misunderstood.

Christians do not worship three gods. They worship one God who has three forms in the father, the son, and the holy spirit. Mary is not worshipped as a god by any Christian denomination.

Wine and sex in heaven was just a metaphor for the reward that comes in heaven, not because Muhammad wanted his followers to get drunk and have orgies when they died.

I'm shaking my head here.
    Chieftain
    Chieftain
    Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 12:53
    God dont need to take  a form God overall everything and what you mean by father amd who is the son exp;ain please.
    Khalid Bin Walid
    Chieftain
    Chieftain
    Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 13:05
     In islam jesus (pbuh) was not crucify he gone to heaven and someone like him crucified . this man who slandered to jesus.
    Khalid Bin Walid
    Belisarius View Drop Down
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 13:15
    In Christianity, God is one spirit in three forms, God the Creator, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit itself.
    Tobodai View Drop Down
    Tsar
    Tsar
    Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 13:16

Originally posted by Constantine XI

Oh you mean those two books of murky origin written by a bunch of mysoginistic, homophobic, unworldy, socially outcast old goat herders..........

Yes I would expect such pieces of literature to have the occasional bit of inaccuracy. It's kind of like Hollywood, of dubious quality but they still manage to get their audience, even if it is done through threats of fire and brimstone.

That is possibly the greatest post AE has ever had!

And some further comments, Christians dont worship 3 gods, they worship one god with multiple personality disorder as well as bipolar with extremes of great kindness and total genocidal vindictiveness.

And the Qu'ran was not really written in Muhammads lifetime, it was compiled from his (supposed) sayings via long lines of what was effectively a game of whisper down the lane.  The actual compilation occured at least 100 years after Muhammads death.  Even my Islamic Afghan proffesor doenst deny this.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
    I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
    -Alexander Hamilton
    pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
    Tsar
    Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 13:27

This whole thread has become B.S.

With what is being thrown around here, it is no wonder Moslems and Christians will never understand each other.  It seems hopeless.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>