Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hun, Magyar, Turk , Finn words

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hun, Magyar, Turk , Finn words
    Posted: 23-May-2006 at 06:45
1) Hungarian language have two words for dog with equal meaning: kutya and eb. The word kutya originally meant small dog, puppy. Since the XVI. century the kutya became more common and the word eb became less frequent. There is a dictum: Egyik kutya, msik eb. = The one is kutya, the other is eb. (So the same.)

2)
Originally posted by ogan

minchickie i heard that at the hungury people are using attila for their names!!! may be it shows what your asking...
It is true, but only from the enf of the XIX. century.

The Hungarian form of Attila's name is: Etele.

Edited by Raider - 23-May-2006 at 06:54
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 08:29

It is interesting, we also have two words in Uyghur, Kuchuk for small dog (puppy) and It for dog. 

What is for female dog? we use Qanjuq ( Q sound is strong K, j is something like zh ).  

A friend of mine who is studying in Hungary told me that the grammar of Hungarian is very similar to that of Uyghur, which he found it very easy to learn.

Either make a history or become a history.
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 21:45
Michi! Tell us where you found these Hun words.........im very interested in that, i bet all here are.
Suevari View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Spammer

Quote Suevari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 07:56
Originally posted by OguzK

suevari, whats you nation?I just wondered because you are saying "I'm Turkic"

Turkey is my nation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12