Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures from Kermanshah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures from Kermanshah
    Posted: 22-Mar-2008 at 10:58
How many religious people have you seen do that? I was 20 there.

What do you mean by protected Julius? Those are Unesco world heritage sites besides that local people have a very deep respect for the sites.

Edited by Zagros - 22-Mar-2008 at 11:07
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2008 at 11:13
There is a word in Greek bostani, which is used to define sth about the plants (i cannot remember exactly), but it has to do with plants.

EDIT:Now that i looked in Turkish voc,it comes from Turkish bostan, relevant definition with Greek.It must be a Persian word. Turkish have a lot of them.

Edited by Spartakus - 22-Mar-2008 at 11:16
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Julius Augustus View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Julius Augustus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 05:24
Originally posted by Zagros

What do you mean by protected Julius? Those are Unesco world heritage sites besides that local people have a very deep respect for the sites.

zagros, they have? they destroyed the remnants of a fire temple in Chaloos a few months back and demolished an ancient bridge with Zoroastrian design dated back to Median times, Unesco isnt doing anything, same with what happened in Oman--even the founder of the Persian Empire's tomb is being destroyed with humidity and the tombs of Darius, Xerxes and etc are going down the drain. what can the Iranian people do with the mandates of Khameni? alas a world's cultural heritage might be lost after awhile. but there is no doubt local people protect this sites, i just wish more iranians would do so.

Ive read what the ayatollah wrote when he was still alive he was much against Irans pre-islamic past.

but here is what I am suggesting, in ankor wat, they dont let the monuments be touched by human hands because of deterioration, the protection of the monuments in Iran are not being protected, even in susa, people could enter it without jurisdiction, two pillars were destroyed a few months back by vandals or probably prescribed by the real leader of iran. the terakato warriors are isolated against the heat in a warehouse, they control the heat, they fix it up and etc, in Iran, that would be awesome to do. nobody is watching the place out, you dont have guards posted, there are places in the world that are much younger and being preserved better. I dont know, a pity really...

Edited by JUliusAugustus - 23-Mar-2008 at 05:34
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 06:36
Originally posted by Spartakus

There is a word in Greek bostani, which is used to define sth about the plants (i cannot remember exactly), but it has to do with plants.

EDIT:Now that i looked in Turkish voc,it comes from Turkish bostan, relevant definition with Greek.It must be a Persian word. Turkish have a lot of them.

Bostan or Boustan means Garden in Persian.
Anfører
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 06:42
Originally posted by Zagros

being in a mosque and going up from Manbar! is it enough or not?Big%20smile next thing is just delivering the roze!
Anfører
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 11:06
With that kind of gesticulation and facial expression?  Only akhonds go on the manbar.  The mosque was dead, so to speak, so we decided to have some fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123