Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Iran will lead to World War 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Iran will lead to World War 3
    Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 21:13

For a similar reason that Greece does not export oil.

Try doing without it.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 21:08
Why does US not export more oil?
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 21:06

OK; maybe I read too much into your post.

The development of nuclear capability that can be turned to armaments will do nothing but make Iran a target of military power far, far more powerful and sophisticated than theirs.  They can be as defiant as they want...it will not change anything.

There is NO WAY Israel will not respond to this development.  There is a great possibility the U.S. will respond to this development.  I do not think Russia will be unconcerned, and they may respond forcefully to this development.

Perhaps we are dealing with "brinksmanship" here with an eventual backdown from the abyss, but the Iranian mullahs, and their governmental puppets are playing a dangerous game with this stuff, and they do not seem to understand the discrepancy in strategic capability that they may face.  Oh, well......their problem.

Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 17:19

I didn't say they did. I said they have the responsibility to to so as any other government does, and if they don't it is the responsibility of Iranians (or any other governed society )to get ride of them or change things. A US appointed government won't be much better than what they have in the likes of Egypt and Saudi. All they are being told by the US is to watch for our interest and we will help stay in power.

One of the short coming of democracy has been than in many cases it could lead to the rule of the elite and influential but that is another discussion

Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 16:46

Most governments take care of their own interests first (and those of the ruling elite) and the interests of the rest of the governed second, especially as those interests relate to the interests of the government.

What makes you think the mullahs give a rat's ass about the people?

Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 15:49

I don't Iran is planing to build Nukes right now. Their plan is to be nuclear ready. Maintaining a a full nuclear arsenal is very costly and not that many countries can afford that. US has a little bit of conflict of interest with the nuclear issue from one side we would actually want Iran to develop nuclear energy so they have more oil to export from the other side having a nuclear Iran with the current government makes us and the Isrealies uncomfortable.

As for Iranians, they should take responsibility for their own internal affairs. Government of every country is responsible for the interest of people of that country first any government appointed by the US or other foreign forces would be inline with interest of the foreign power first which may or may not be the same as what the interest of Iranians are

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 13:20

Originally posted by azimuth

that is one of the US's mistakes focusing too much in the middle east and forgetting about China rising. plus aling with India for possible Chinese wake up wont help much that india needs help by itself to control its population and its economy.

Actually some people think that the whole reason we went to Iraq was to prevent China from buying it in the future because they are going to need to import more then 50% of oil I think it was said in 2007, don't quote me on that I can't remember the exact number. Anyways a military moves on oil and if you take that away from a enemy you get an upper hand. If this is true then it strategically thinking ahead for the future.

And enough about us needing oil because we don't. We have two allies that we buy off of that are in the top 10 countries that produce oil, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. North America also produces alot of oil only that the US sells its oil to Japan for a higher price and buys from the Mid.East. We honestly don't need oil or crave it, but if its true about controlling it from China getting it then the US is thinking about the future and not right now. Heres a graph of oil production from 2004 I found for you guys.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922041.html

Top World Oil Producers,

Exporters, Consumers, and

Importers, 2004

(millions of barrels per day)

Producers1 Total oil
production
 Exporters2 Net oil
exports
 Consumers3 Total oil
consumption
 Importers4 Net oil
imports
 1. Saudi Arabia 10.37  1. Saudi Arabia 8.73  1. United States 20.5  1. United States 11.8
 2. Russia 9.27  2. Russia 6.67  2. China 6.5  2. Japan 5.3
 3. United States 8.69  3. Norway 2.91  3. Japan 5.4  3. China 2.9
 4. Iran 4.09  4. Iran 2.55  4. Germany 2.6  4. Germany 2.5
 5. Mexico 3.83  5. Venezuela 2.36  5. Russia 2.6  5. South Korea 2.1
 6. China 3.62  6. United Arab Emirates 2.33  6. India 2.3  6. France 2.0
 7. Norway 3.18  7. Kuwait 2.20  7. Canada 2.3  7. Italy 1.7
 8. Canada 3.14  8. Nigeria 2.19  8. Brazil 2.2  8. Spain 1.6
 9. Venezuela 2.86  9. Mexico 1.80  9. South Korea 2.1  9. India 1.5
10. United Arab Emirates 2.76 10. Algeria 1.68 10. France 2.0 10. Taiwan 1.0
11. Kuwait 2.51 11. Iraq 1.48 11. Mexico 2.0    
11. Nigeria 2.51 12. Libya 1.34        
13. United Kingdom 2.08 13. Kazakhstan 1.06        
14. Iraq 2.03 14. Qatar 1.02        

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050810/pl_afp/irannuclearisfah anus_050810162244;_ylt=AuU.DC_xgvEDthRfOlpf6YJSw60A;_ylu=X3o DMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

US condemns Iran's breaking of UN seals on nuclear plant

47 minutes ago

VIENNA (AFP) - The United States condemned Iran's breaking of UN seals to bring online a key nuclear fuel plant, calling it a sign of Tehran's disregard for the international community.

"Today's breaking of seals is yet another sign of Iran's disregard for international concerns," Matt Boland, spokesman for the US mission to international organizations in Vienna, told AFP.

Iran on Monday took the first steps to break a suspension of nuclear fuel cycle work, which it had begun in November to start talks with the European Union on getting trade and other benefits in return for guarantees it was not making atomic weapons.

Iranian technicians on Wednesday removed seals placed by the UN watchdog International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) at a uranium conversion plant in Isfahan, 400 kilometres (250 miles) south of Tehran, allowing the facility to return to full capacity and raising the stakes in a standoff with the international community.

The United States accuses Tehran of covertly developing nuclear weapons, a charge vehemently denied by Iran which says its atomic program is a peaceful effort to generate electricity.

Boland said the United States "strongly" supports the European Union's effort through talks with Tehran "to convince Iran to stop its dangerous activities."

"We urge Iran to give serious consideration to the EU's proposals," for the Islamic Republic to suspend all nuclear fuel cycle work in order to guarantee it will not make atomic weapons, Boland said.

Iran's removal of the seals comes as the European Union tries to win approval at a emergency IAEA meeting in Vienna for a draft resolution calling on Iran to reverse its decision to push ahead with the nuclear fuel work.

Conversion turns uranium ore or yellowcake into a feed gas for making enriched uranium, which can be the fuel for reactors or the explosive core of atomic bombs.

Iran points out that its right to the nuclear fuel cycle is legally enshrined under the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and that it has infringed no international rules by resuming uranium conversion.

How come the US always has to be the one to point things out, I wish my government would quit doing that.... Anyways theres some more news on the whole Iran situation I thought you might like to read.

Edited by SearchAndDestroy
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 10:44

You are right, Oil should be just for Mullahs, anyway they need it for setting fire to the people!

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 20:30

i think if there will be a WW III  then it must has something to do with Oil and therefore something to do with Middle east

and that can be guessed in many ways such as the US want to get more control over the middle east (which whats happening) and most of the Powers in the world are not that happy about that (wonder why?) and that all to do with Oil and money, and plus oil there is Isael which is not benifiting the US in anyway execpt making No stability in the Middle east and continues struggle from both sides.

that is one of the US's mistakes focusing too much in the middle east and forgetting about China rising. plus aling with India for possible Chinese wake up wont help much that india needs help by itself to control its population and its economy.

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 20:20
Thats what I mean, Iran is going to be a whole new ball game, its not going to be another Iraq at all, only the aftermath will make us put more soldiers into something we don't have to and become another hot zone for insurgents.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 20:03
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

And from what I understand is Iran has a better army then Iraq, and while we did make quick work of the Iraqi army, Iran is a whole new ball game. While we may be able to take their army also, there will be higher casualties and once again our army would be spread thinner for the after math which we are already have a hard enough time keeping in rotations for our soldiers already active.

Iraq did not have a coherent army after we destroyed their infastructure fromt he sky.  We lost very few soldiers during the actualy "war".  We lost 90% of our casualties to people who aren't even Iraqi!

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 19:58

We aren't going to be attacking no one, so stop getting all excited and alarmed about it. You say we want all these natural rescources and even have a "thirst" for them, but we don't even have the rescources to fight another war. And from what I understand is Iran has a better army then Iraq, and while we did make quick work of the Iraqi army, Iran is a whole new ball game. While we may be able to take their army also, there will be higher casualties and once again our army would be spread thinner for the after math which we are already have a hard enough time keeping in rotations for our soldiers already active.

The only way to even consider there being a US vs Iran war is just wishful thinking. Why do I say that, because we are going to be going to war for atleast another 5-10 years and that I can guarantee.

And about the US attacking Turkey over treasures under ground, don't hold your breath.

Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 19:53

Only the ignorant think the US is going to attack Iran or Syria. Its jsut something america-haters love to rant about even though they have no real knowledge of the US. Iran is an EU problem. Notice the EU is doing the negotiating, not the US. And in a war, Israel could beat the crap out of Iran without using any nukes.

"The American people will not stand for another war" - Bill Clinton

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 16:51
Cyrus, what happened to the people of Kerman after the Qajars were allowed in?  Think of the Americans as the Qajars in this example.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 15:56
Agreed.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 15:15

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

With or without nuclear weapons, Iran as the major sponsor of international terrorism is the biggest threat to world stability.

No America is with its endless thirst for resources.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 15:00
Yep they at least sponsor and aren't the terrorist - must be the worst US joke ever..

By the way, Iran has something like a couple of thousand students studying Nuclear, Thermal, Heat Power, Physics Engineering and various other relative subjects in various Russian cities, I could easily put that number to be well over 10-20K

Edited by baracuda
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 14:29

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

With or without nuclear weapons, Iran as the major sponsor of international terrorism is the biggest threat to world stability.

So the Iranian says to as well! Sir, have you actually witnessed any training or supplying of terrorists from the government, or are they granted freedom to train in Iran? Iran is not known for international terrorism though, but I do not doubt that they would have terrorrists.

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 14:23
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2005 at 14:23

I think that since the problem is with the E.U., that Iran turned down the agreement(apeasement), the E.U./U.N. can and should take action in some form, does not have to neccesarily be military action, against Iran. You gentlemen talk of the United States perhaps attacking, but I believe the E.U. can itself handle the problem, for once..

Also, if Turkey sided with Iran and Syria, this could make them have bad relations with the E.U., if the E.U. decides to stand against the Iranian government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>