Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKurdicization of Anatolia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurdicization of Anatolia
    Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 03:13
Originally posted by Zagros

It's funny how you are demonizing the existence of Kurds in Anatolia.

No I am not. I am just recognizing their existence. but I have to reveal that Kurds(as residents not nomads, there were of course Kurds in Anatolia before Turks but they are not resided there , they used there as a nomadic plato  introduced to Anatolia as residents and dwellers after Turks or along side Turks.

Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 03:31
Originally posted by Maju

How do you define that? Kurds have never had (at least in recent history) a state of their own... how could Turkey loss territory to Kurds if they didn't even have a state or an army to take them?

In terms of ethno-demographic expansion and majority of population not of statehood.

So Kurds grow more quickly than Turks... and they don't let themselves Turkicize easily...

That is true, and assimilating is out of question. Question is that Kurds assimilating Turks in the region. They increase more than Turks and Kurdish lebensraum is spread gradually. Today there are Turks in thye region whose mother tongue is Kurmanji. These people remember that their great grandfaters once spoke Turkish. 

You have it easy: set a border near the Euphrates and keep the Kurds in Kurdistan by denying them Turk citizenship and the right to migrate to Turkey. Imperialism may backfire, you know.

I would think the same thing if it was possible. Intermarrige is so frequent among Turks and Kurds that such a separation and sending Kurds in Western Anatolia and giving them independence in Eastern Anatolia except the cities like Ardahan, Kars, Igdir, Agri, Van, Erzurum, Erzincan,Malatya, Adiyaman is almost impossible. Conjuncture of ongoings makes that impossible.

Well, it seems that (according to your own reasoning) we should soon be calling Turkey Kurdistan... hummm...

That is to be unfortunately possible within 20 yrs.

I think that Kurds are there since before Turks, as Indo-Iranian migrations are earlier than those of Turks, who just came to Anatolia since 1000 CE. Nothing against Turks but really I can't bear imperialist nations weeping that other nations they hold subjugated are growing or demanding their rights. It's like Serbians complaining of Albanians...

As far as I know yes, there were Indo European people(even Iranic tribes whose descendents are most probably Zazas) but they were not Kurds.

Edited by Tangriberdi
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 03:40
Originally posted by Cent

"So if these people they want to call themselves 'kurds', then let them"

You speak of us like we were made up... We are indo-europeans from Zagros mountains.

only by language, other aspects of culture makes you seem to be a mix of Pers-Arabo Turkic elements. Also there have been so many other tribes and people melt into Kurdish pot, which in number they were more than ethnic Kurds. Today they are many people who consider themselves as Kurds just because of their linguistic heritage, ignoring Arab, Armenian and Turkish origins. So yes we can say that you are made up just like Anatolian Turks recreated by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 03:43
Originally posted by Hushyar

Again meaningless, name of kurds is mentioned in Islamic conquests in Paveh and Tuj , Jalula.Name Of kurds is mentioned in peace treaty of Espahbod of Azarbaijan with Ashas e-Kendi.name of kurds is mentioned in Karnamak-e-Ardeshir papakan in 3rd century.for earlier version of these name please refer to this discussion page 1 to 3.

Please look up what the word is in Azeri language then put that into context of what it could also mean, the word is 'qurd' and it means wolf in turkish or azeri.. maybe its a mix-up youre talking about from packs of wolves to the modern so be 'kurds' trying to prove something.. this isnt evidence.

Originally posted by baracuda

Turks are patient but patience does run out, and Turk is a bred warrior, we'll pick up our swords and enter the middle east. Like your nick translates "Tanri('god')gave - Tanri's gift" to us.

Baracuda

Make us a favour and dont boast too much, !!!!!And swords are useless against Kurds....modern weapons don't give you poetic feelings.look at this sentence

Turk is a bred warrior, we'll pick up our G-3 and MK-3 and F-16s and Leopard Tanks and Cobra helicpters and enter the middle east.

I am sorry but from literary point of view the above sentence gives no sense of championship.

I couldnt really care what you think on this subject,
'picking up a sword' and 'entering someplace' are metaphore's, and the other sentence is your own not mine.

And if Turkey does decide to enter and clean out the place, I doubt that people of the area will have same 'feelings' they had when the americans tried it.
Turks have mercy for their enemies, but no mercy for backstabbers, sell-outs, and killers.. so in a sense it will be poetic justice..

Strategos

Maps usually show major political states not ethnicities not minor states,and it must be noted that they are drawn to give a overal feeling of that time , if you want to know deeply about a historical perios of a specific region , you must refer to original sources,discussion about kurds have been done in this discusion.
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3503& ;PN=2

Maps do show ethnicities, and areas populated by majorities, and are a very good source to confirm histories at certain date's, and that discussion was one I started in a sense to get some knowledge on the 'kurds' but from what I can tell there are no real tangible evidence to them part relatively modern times.

Originally posted by Shahanshah

]

hope this will help

http://www.atlas-of-conflicts.com/areas/armenia-and-karabakh /armenia-monturk.php

as you can see there is kurdistan.

thanks for the link, although the map isnt a historical map, its a mere interpretation or re-done modern map.. if you look at the same site that you refer to you will see the following.. 'Husyar' for you also..

1.Falling to the Mongols, Turks and Persians 1235 - 1535

2.Cilicia and Other Armenian Lands in the Aftermath of the Mongol Invasion (1236 - 45) and the Restauration of East Roman Empire (1261)

3.Cilicia and Other Armenian Lands Between 1340 and 1453:

Beginning of Ottoman Expansion, Brief Rise of Georgia (1340-1385), The Loss of Cilicia (1375), Tamerlane Invasions (1385-1405) and the Fall of East Roman Empire (1453)

And after that the 'kurds' magically pop-up on the map you show in the 16th century.. hmmmm

Edited by baracuda
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 03:50
Originally posted by Zagros

What I don't understand is how can a population without any legal representation that promotes repopulation of certain areas go unopposed in a country like Turkey.  Who organises it? Don't tell me PKK, becuase if it was, the Turkish authorities would not hesitate in stopping these "resettlements".

Impossible, the Eastern Anatolia is an underdevelopped  region of Turkey, so people there must go somewhere elses instead of starving there. Also as Kurds equal citizens under the title Turks, they have right to go and settle anywhere in Turkey according to our laws. And there is no problem between ethnic Turks and ethnic Kurds in Turkey. They share the same faith. Yes this demographic expansion and increase in number are organized by Kurdish nationalists and ,in particular, by PKK. Many Kurdish intellectuals say that Are Kurds as fools as leaving all these fetile soils to Turks and go back to Eastern Anatolia, As Diyarbakir Mus, Siirt, Hakkari belong to us, Istanbul, Izmir, Adana, Bursa, Ankara too , belog to us. We have rights in anatolia as much as Turks.

I think that is a planned organization of capturing Anatolia from Turks.

Edited by Tangriberdi
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 03:54
Originally posted by Shahanshah

hope this will help

http://www.atlas-of-conflicts.com/areas/armenia-and-karabakh /armenia-monturk.php

16th Century: Partition of Armenian Lands Between Ottoman Turkey and Safavid Iran

Historical Armenian Territory with Heavy Armenian Presence in the 16th Century
Ottoman Empire by 1515
Safavid Empire by 1499
Georgian Feudal States by 1634
Five Principalites of Karabakh, the Last Relict of Armenian Statehood
Ottoman Conquest in the 1st Quarter of the 16th Century
Safavid Conquests in 1500
Georgian Losses to the Ottomans in 1635
Modern Armenia & Karabakh
Ottoman Conquests in the 2nd Quarter of the 16th Century

Safavid Losses in 1535

as you can see there is kurdistan.

as you can see there is Kurdistan south to Van Lake. Not in Anatolia.

Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 03:58

Problem is neither history nor Kurds,

problem is massive and fast

Kurdicization of Anatolia in this century

I want your opinions about that!!!

Edited by Tangriberdi
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 04:27
'Tangriberdi' the problem is the 'kurds' because,

1. People calling themselves kurds, seem to want something from all surrounding countries, and that is something which can-not have been theirs, and isnt theirs in a sense that Turks,Persians,Arabs,Byzantines,Armenians,Greeks, Romans have lived in these regions for most part of 'history' so what, who, why on 'kurds' are good questions and are relative to your subject.

2. Anatolia,

Water sources;

Israel    
1) Well Isreal said that it will attack turkey, at around 2014 for them,
2) Then they called it 'the promised land' and began buying land in the GAP regions, almost similar to Palestine. (until law was made against selling places to foreigners)

Syria

1) When Turkey constructed GAP it was blamed politically for massing the only good source of water for Syria..
2) Turkey and Syria almost went to War

Other re-sources; As you should know, mineral deposits of Bor, is almost exlusive to the Anatolia region almost 98% of all know sources that is. There is another element that is 99% exclusive to the region one that is used in the next generation nuclear powerplants.

Armenia

1) Like you know the really only opening they have to the world due to their 'politics' is Turkey, and anatolia once more..

Georgia & Russia

1) Regions that fell into russian terratory and were left in the turkish terratory is still a debate.
2) Georgia, caucasia's are trying their best at the 'laz' trabzon regions.. anatolia.

Greece

1) Trabzon again, Rum and etc, its one of their far shot politics.

Europe & US

For the resources that are more valueble than petrol they finance, and try to take control of Anatolia, or regions around it, so their finance of terrorists, and ethnical groups for these goals.

Similarly they tried it in WW2 and they will continue to do so.

So again like the words go, 'protect your country from the enemies within and enemies without' , 'ic ve dis dusmanlardan ulkemizi koruyalim'

Edited by baracuda
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 04:36

Baracuda, those are other different aspects of the facts we are facing, I think fast and massive Kurdicization is threating Turkishness of present time Anatolia, I would like to know about your opinions concerning solving such a big evlolution without behaving opposedly to Universal Human Rights and Democracy.

There are some historical facts . One of them is that Kurds have never been settled in Anatolia before Turks. And this fact is being changed under the frame of a fake history supported by some environments. And this change is operational and practical. What shall we do against this.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 04:46
"I would like to know about your opinions concerning solving such a big evlolution without behaving opposedly to Universal Human Rights and Democracy."

Turks shouldn't talk about Human Rights or Democracy, your not taking care of that part yourselves...
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 04:47
"There are some historical facts . One of them is that Kurds have never been settled in Anatolia before Turks. And this fact is being changed under the frame of a fake history supported by some environments. And this change is operational and practical. What shall we do against this."

Well get the hell out of Anatolia and give it back to the Armenians and Greeks...

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 04:53
"That is true, and assimilating is out of question. Question is that Kurds assimilating Turks in the region. They increase more than Turks and Kurdish lebensraum is spread gradually. Today there are Turks in thye region whose mother tongue is Kurmanji. These people remember that their great grandfaters once spoke Turkish. "

OMG GOD! People whos first mother tongue is KURDISH?! HANG THEM!

Your sounding alittle to nazi my friend, when is the genocide carried out against the kurds? You've succesfully exterminated all Assyrians and Armenians there. Do the same with Kurds and the "problem" is solved.

And your still speaking about democracy and human rights... I'm not suprised your a Turk...

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 04:53

"There are some historical facts . One of them is that Kurds have never been settled in Anatolia before Turks. And this fact is being changed under the frame of a fake history supported by some environments. And this change is operational and practical. What shall we do against this."

Well get the hell out of Anatolia and give it back to the Armenians and Greeks...

Anatolia is our homeland. Now there is almost no Greek and Armenian in Anatolia.. Do not be ridiculous . On the territories of Anatolia there is still blood prints of millions of Turks at least 1000 yrs. 

A Kurd saying that give Anatolia greeks and Armenians cannot be resident of Anatolia for thousands of years.

As I said before they came to Anatolia after Turks. And that is why they can takl so easily.

Forget  about it. Anatolia belongs to Turks and will remain so.

Edited by Tangriberdi
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 04:55
Omg didn't you get what I meant. You can't say "we were first", in Anatolia, because it wasn't Kurds nor Turks there first, it was Armenians and Greeks...

And those you have already killed.  
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 04:56

good point, It  is not important who settled before to anatolia, but It is important who live now at  anatolia.

But kurds should accept  their ethnic number and effect is not  decrasing in anatolia but increasing.

Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 04:59

"I would like to know about your opinions concerning solving such a big evlolution without behaving opposedly to Universal Human Rights and Democracy."

Turks shouldn't talk about Human Rights or Democracy, your not taking care of that part yourselves...

Yes you can do, after killing thousands of Armenians in the region and then blaming Turks of this. After killing and deporting of thousands of Assyrians in the region. After killing thousands of Turks and Turkish military members in the region. And still killing.

Now you can talk about democracy.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 05:04
Tangriberdi, yes, but the problem is us 'Turks' whatever our roots,ethnicity. In the past,ethnicty, religion had nearly no role in life but with the colapse of the the ottoman empire and the mass re-placement of ex-ottomans of non-christian origins into this region we started a war one which was based on modern and european ideology 'nationalism, patriotism' (milliyetcilik), this was ok then as it fuel'led the turk as a war machine and they made a miracle and beat off leading nations of the time that partitioned 'Turkey', but unfortunetly victory was sweet and what brought it was deared very precious, nationalism.

It even continues now, saying 'Im a turk' isnt enough, I have to say where I am from, then my ethnicity, then my reglion and perhaps my root of origin... have you ever considered to why that was? to some sense discrimination.

So now we've got a mass of people who can be manipulated by outsiders using these factors that are asked above..

Similarly 'Armenians' in the ottoman empire, turned against the ottomans, due to promisses made by european nations and russia. The plans of these nations was to ease war in the taking of Bulgaria as the ottomans had to divide their forces to stop the armenians in anatolia.

Now present day, poeople who called themselves 'kurds' they are being fooled into believing things that they normally wouldnt have, they are being payed, and lure'd into a honey jar..(why? well due various economic reasons) 'you need to be free, free yourselves' 'we will help you, you will be a great state.'.. when fact are more gruesome, no european country, or the americans cant save them if middle east joins up against them.

Well anyway these poeple have mass'es of relatives, and these relatives also begin calling themselves similarly and so your mass kurdifying of anatolia, we aren't europeans most of us have more than hundred, some thousand relatives that we talk with.. (I have well over a couple of thousand)

So in a sense with the stupid notion of 'nationalism' which is pointed not in the right direction but at being 'a turk' we are fueling everything in the wrong direction.. it should be directed into more productive things

Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 05:10

Omg didn't you get what I meant. You can't say "we were first", in Anatolia, because it wasn't Kurds nor Turks there first, it was Armenians and Greeks...

And those you have already killed.  

It would be unscientific to deny Greeks and Armenians were the first , Anatolia is still full of their remnants.

Did we kill them or convert them into Islam and asimilate them, which one ? and more than 1.5 greek were deported to present time Greece in early 1900s . That means we did not kill Greeks.

Armenians. No Genocide but a Relocation and a war between two nations and deaths of thousands from both side.

History can trace back all events but not Existence of Kurds in Anatolia until Turks came.

Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 05:13

Originally posted by baracuda

Tangriberdi, yes, but the problem is us 'Turks' whatever our roots,ethnicity. In the past,ethnicty, religion had nearly no role in life but with the colapse of the the ottoman empire and the mass re-placement of ex-ottomans of non-christian origins into this region we started a war one which was based on modern and european ideology 'nationalism, patriotism' (milliyetcilik), this was ok then as it fuel'led the turk as a war machine and they made a miracle and beat off leading nations of the time that partitioned 'Turkey', but unfortunetly victory was sweet and what brought it was deared very precious, nationalism.

It even continues now, saying 'Im a turk' isnt enough, I have to say where I am from, then my ethnicity, then my reglion and perhaps my root of origin... have you ever considered to why that was? to some sense discrimination.

So now we've got a mass of people who can be manipulated by outsiders using these factors that are asked above..

Similarly 'Armenians' in the ottoman empire, turned against the ottomans, due to promisses made by european nations and russia. The plans of these nations was to ease war in the taking of Bulgaria as the ottomans had to divide their forces to stop the armenians in anatolia.

Now present day, poeople who called themselves 'kurds' they are being fooled into believing things that they normally wouldnt have, they are being payed, and lure'd into a honey jar..(why? well due various economic reasons) 'you need to be free, free yourselves' 'we will help you, you will be a great state.'.. when fact are more gruesome, no european country, or the americans cant save them if middle east joins up against them.

Well anyway these poeple have mass'es of relatives, and these relatives also begin calling themselves similarly and so your mass kurdifying of anatolia, we aren't europeans most of us have more than hundred, some thousand relatives that we talk with.. (I have well over a couple of thousand)

So in a sense with the stupid notion of 'nationalism' which is pointed not in the right direction but at being 'a turk' we are fueling everything in the wrong direction.. it should be directed into more productive things

partiallyagree with you. but it is out of Topic, I guess.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2005 at 05:25
"Armenians. No Genocide but a Relocation and a war between two nations and deaths of thousands from both side."

Try to say that to an Armenian and he'll laugh at you...

Armenia didn't even exist then.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>