Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkoman In Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkoman In Iraq
    Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 10:45

I just read a little about Iraq in Wikipedia.org, and there it says that Turkomen are 13% of the people... How can that be?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq

It must be some Turkman who wants to change the statistics a little bit...

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 11:43
Kerkuk, musul, erbil, suleymaniye are/where the cities where the Turkomans or Turkmens are in majority. Nowadays its all under PKK control.
OUT OF LIMIT
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 11:43
13% of Iraqis?  What is the UN figure?
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 11:47

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

You are funny man!

I'm from Suleymaniye, 95% are kurds there, how can you count so wrong?

All those citites are kurdish dominated except Mosul, which is dominated by arabs, but kurds rule there to.

Btw, PKK doesn't own a pair of socks in Northern Iraq. PUK are letting PKK stay there for now.

There are two bigger parties there: PUK and PDK, which ownes the cities. But right now the PDK is more powerful.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 11:47
Zagors: maybe 2-3 % max
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 11:49

Originally posted by Kenaney

Kerkuk, musul, erbil, suleymaniye are/where the cities where the Turkomans or Turkmens are in majority.

Provide the source for this assertion.

Nowadays its all under PKK control.

PKK? No they are a Turkish organisation.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 11:51
Zagros: This dude has no clue at all...
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 11:54

I want to know where such information comes from.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 11:59
The Turkish goverment?
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 12:14
The talk page makes no mention to that (usually problematic affirmations are discused there) but guess you should go and write yourself a comment in that page or even edit the article if you feel sure that your data is better. It is Wikipedia, the encyclopedia that anyone can edit! 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 12:51

Here's another source, http://www.unpo.org/member.php?arg=27, 13%, I don't know why it's so hard for you people to believe this.

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 12:52
Sorry, somethings wrong with my link, when it directs you to the home page click on "Nations and People" at the top right corner, then click on Iraqi Turkmen.  There you will see all the information on them.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 12:56

Maybe because all relevant outside bodies state otherwise?

CIA:

Ethnic groups: Definition Field Listing
Arab 75%-80%, Kurdish 15%-20%, Turkoman, Assyrian or other 5%

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/iz.html
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 13:28
I remember researching them a while back, their actual figure is more closer to what 'Zagros' wrote, its about 6% .... though supposedly at one time they were around 13-14% either got killed off or were kurdemsized, or arabized..
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 13:51

I think that certainly a fair number will have been Kurdified but more Arabised as there was never been any official Kurdification program but there has been Arabisation, of all non Arabs in Iraq. The Kurdified ones will have become so through just being a minority in a majority Kurdish area, as is usually the case in such situations (Kurds in Turkey, Azaris in Persian parts of Iran). And I know for a fact there is intermarriage between them.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 14:34
I think that they have also been re-placed from the area to other parts of iraq, and some killed, and labeled along with other ethnicities... by the ex-iraqi government.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 15:55
True, but that happened to all minorities in Iraq, especially kurds.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 16:32
Kirkuk was a dominant Turkmen city before Kurds became to exile them. Lots of Turkmens have immigrated to Turkey, especially to southeast, Gazi Antep.
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 16:50

When has kurds exiled turkmens from Kirkuk? If I'm not wrong it was Saddam who exiled both kurds and turkmens...

Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2005 at 17:02

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Kirkuk was a dominant Turkmen city before Kurds became to exile them. Lots of Turkmens have immigrated to Turkey, especially to southeast, Gazi Antep.

Source for this information?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>