Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What makes you Turks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What makes you Turks?
    Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 13:05

What do you think that?

In all forums which I visited and registered so far, I met  many Greeks who attempt to claim that Anatolian Turks are not Turks. ( in accordance with a totally racistic point of view). How do you think we can prove that we are Turks and even if not by blood , by culture, heritage, history and feeling.

Please feedback me!!!! yum yum yum.... 

Edited by Tangriberdi
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 14:00
I think that language and culture on one side and the feeling and will of being Turk on the other are more than enough to make Turks, Turks. The same argument makes Kurds,  French, Greeks, Arabs, Russians, and Tibetans.

All nations have changed through history, including Greeks.

Still, there's some reason in saying that Turkey's Turks are not genetically pure Turks but aculturized Anatolian and Balcanic peoples. In the same sense but with an earlier date, European Indo-Europeans aren't pure IEs but Native Europeans that were aculturized. That works for Greeks too.

Adoption is as legitimate as biological birth, isn't it?

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 14:16
Originally posted by Tangriberdi

What do you think that?

In all forums which I visited and registered so far, I met  many Greeks who attempt to claim that Anatolian Turks are not Turks. ( in accordance with a totally racistic point of view).

WHo are you to make such acusations that these are racist views? Your a new member and you obviopusly havn't seen what the greeks had to say. We never said that Turkey turks are not turks, but are genetically not related to Central asian turks, and more related to other anatolian and balkan people.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 14:43

Good question, we are different than each other some way, we have somewhat different culture at every side of anatolia. Foods, music or people are different at karadeniz coast or akdeniz coast. We have people at germany or other countries. Their culture are different than us,(even some of them dont know turkish well) I think It is a wish. to want to be called as Turk, and wish to follow Turkish culture, and of course to love Turkish land.

So strategos, If you wish you can be Turk It is not much difficult come to Turkey, I am sure you love it.

Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 15:20
Originally posted by Tangriberdi

What do you think that?

In all forums which I visited and registered so far, I met  many Greeks who attempt to claim that Anatolian Turks are not Turks. ( in accordance with a totally racistic point of view). How do you think we can prove that we are Turks and even if not by blood , by culture, heritage, history and feeling.

Please feedback me!!!! yum yum yum.... 

Don't feel to bad most Greeks are probably not Greek either

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 15:33
hehe mostly slav and albanian
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 15:54
Originally posted by Mortaza

hehe mostly slav and albanian

No (unless Albanian can be linked succesfully with the prehistoric peoples of the Balcans). Greeks are (genetically speaking) mostly whatever Greeks used to be in prehistoric and proto-historic Greece (Pelasgians?).

But I don't see why you have to make a nationalistic issue of things that happened even before your nations were formed or heard of for the first time.

There's a vicious game being played by many (not all) Greeks and Turks and also members of other nationalities... it could be called systematic disqualification of the other of and also aprioristic national defense... it's just vicious clanism and lacks seriousness, maturity... something that your nations will need in order to overcome the mutual grievances of the past and build a good neighborhood. And also something needed to analyze reality without prejudices and to find truth.

Not your truth but the truth
and come with me to seek it
yours, keep it for you.
(A. Machado)

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 16:53
Originally posted by Mortaza

Good question, we are different than each other some way, we have somewhat different culture at every side of anatolia. Foods, music or people are different at karadeniz coast or akdeniz coast. We have people at germany or other countries. Their culture are different than us,(even some of them dont know turkish well) I think It is a wish. to want to be called as Turk, and wish to follow Turkish culture, and of course to love Turkish land.

So strategos, If you wish you can be Turk It is not much difficult come to Turkey, I am sure you love it.

Hah, prehaps I will come visit someday, in the very far future

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2005 at 17:05

Guys, why do we have to discuss on the same topics again and again?

Please mods, I think we have enough of such topics about us and our identity, lets keep on going with them if necessary. I desperately wish you to close this topic. They can go on with the similar topic in the "Steppes and Central Asia" forum.

Tengriberdi, maybe because you are a new coming member, you entered such issues very passionately, but we have been really fed up with such discussion since months and even a year. We had several topics about that issue, some closed, some discussed, some still on. So please continue on those past topics if you are that fiery about this issue.

Regards, Oguzoglu

Edited by Oguzoglu
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2005 at 03:17
I agree with Oghuz Oghlu (it's not because of our last conversation YE!!! ). We just need new topics. Would anyone do that?
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
 Post Reply Post Reply