Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The World of Huns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Scytho-Sarmatian View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scytho-Sarmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The World of Huns
    Posted: 18-Aug-2006 at 09:55
Ashokharsana-
The information you are sharing is really fascinating.  I didn't realize that the Hun legacy still lives on to this day in India.  That is, I had no idea that there is still this consciousness of the Huns as part of the folklore.  I am wondering if the theory that you mentioned about the Huns being based near the Black Sea and branching out into Europe and Central Asia is part of that local Indian tradition, or is it something put forth by strictly by professional historians?

Edited by Scytho-Sarmatian - 18-Aug-2006 at 09:57
ashokharsana View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 09:41
Originally posted by Scytho-Sarmatian

Ashokharsana-
The information you are sharing is really fascinating.  I didn't realize that the Hun legacy still lives on to this day in India.  That is, I had no idea that there is still this consciousness of the Huns as part of the folklore.  I am wondering if the theory that you mentioned about the Huns being based near the Black Sea and branching out into Europe and Central Asia is part of that local Indian tradition, or is it something put forth by strictly by professional historians?

Hey Bro,

What I have posted is 100% factual and authenticated by many world class historians.

Other opinions
After intense research work The historians have proved that Kushans were purely Aryan by origin, And same were the Huns.

In Ancient Indian epics, The word Hun was used for barbaric people.
Today also In Hindi or Urdu Hun means an uncivilized person.

The difference in opinion might be regarding their origin.

Some said they originated in area between Black sea and Caspian Sea

According to Indian Scholars Aryan was the word used for Iranian Invaders. But in Famous Epic Mahabharta (3100 BC), The rulers or kings were called Arya Putra or Son of Arya.

This was also solved later by stating that scythia had been a very vast country involving modern Azerbeja, Armenia & Georgia,  etc. while others say that they originated in Scythia.

Very very confusing but every historian has his own facts and researches after their claims.

Regards

Ashok Harsana

Edited by ashokharsana - 19-Aug-2006 at 09:49
The Real Ranas, The Real Emperors of India. http://ashokharsana.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=gurjars
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2006 at 09:59
The Real Ranas, The Real Emperors of India. http://ashokharsana.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=gurjars
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 09:31
Give us dates friend.  Huns ruled from Japan sea to Caspian sea, however their rulers were in Altai.  This was after 200BC. Before According to Chinese chronicles, they were driven from the north of present day China by Chin. The greatwall then was built.

As for their pure Aryanity (if this term can be used), you need to enlighten us more with solid resourcecs.

Edited by barbar - 20-Aug-2006 at 09:32
Either make a history or become a history.
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 11:55
Originally posted by barbar

Give us dates friend.  Huns ruled from Japan sea to Caspian sea, however their rulers were in Altai.  This was after 200BC. Before According to Chinese chronicles, they were driven from the north of present day China by Chin. The greatwall then was built.

As for their pure Aryanity (if this term can be used), you need to enlighten us more with solid resourcecs.

Hey Brother,

The Theory of Aryan Invasion is a very controvercial topic in india. Every second historian has his own statements and proofs.  I am also working on it these days.. Soon I'll be here with lot more authentic knowlidge.

One more thing:

There is a confusion that Kushans were called Yuechi.

The Chinese term "Yuechi" was for Gujars and not for kushans. You can apply any available phonetic or linguistic rule to it. It is much closer to Gujars than to Kushans.

Regards

Ashok Harsana

Edited by ashokharsana - 22-Aug-2006 at 11:57
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12