Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mounted Archers of the Steppe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
the_ancient_lunatic View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote the_ancient_lunatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mounted Archers of the Steppe
    Posted: 03-Aug-2005 at 03:17

I discovered this book at an Iaijutsu seminar. The author was giving a demonstration and I found out he had this book published.

Mounted Archers of the Steppe 600BC - AD1300

By Anthony Karasulas

Osprey Publishing

...jag lskar mina svrd...
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2005 at 12:44

I have this book along with a whole bunch of others from the Osprey series. My favorite is the one called: Attila and the Nomad Hordes, by David Nicolle.

Does anyone else have interesting Osprey books concerning the steppes?

Edited by Seko
tadamson View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tadamson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 05:40
If you go to the Osprey site you can see all of their titles...

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/

rgds.
          Tom..
rgds.

Tom..
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 08:38

Thanks! I am checking it out.

tadamson, welcome to the forum!

Skolotai View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Skolotai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 07:49
Originally posted by Seko

I have this book along with a whole bunch of others from the Osprey series. My favorite is the one called: Attila and the Nomad Hordes, by David Nicolle.

Does anyone else have interesting Osprey books concerning the steppes?

Gold-the mistery of Sarmatians and Scythians.
Outstanding!!!
subedai View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote subedai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2006 at 16:44
The Mongol Warrior 1200–1350 is quite informative. as a generlisation I have always found Osprey to be a good starting point for further research; it's just unfortunate that there is'nt always a bibliography Some of the colour plates -especially from Angus McBride- are quite inspirational.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2007 at 10:21
I also have those books. If you are interested in Steppe Archery or have info to share please come see my new forum.

I have been watching this website for a while now and get a lot of information from here. I joined today because I would like to invite memebers to my forum to discuss the culture of the Steppe.

I have been trying to get conversations going that are related to the bow of the steppe horseman and anything related to that. I have seen discussions fizzle out because no one seems to have a point of reference but all at my new forum are at least archers and want to know more about it.

http://www.spitfirehorsebows.com/forum/

This is a discussion of Pan-Eurasion culture and works under the premise that Eurasian people though at odds a lot of the time share enough cultural aspects that unity in reviving lost art forms is possible.

Please stop in and say hi.

Tamr Beg
 Post Reply Post Reply