Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Greatest Islamic Empire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Poll Question: which one the greatest
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
43 [41.75%]
1 [0.97%]
9 [8.74%]
42 [40.78%]
1 [0.97%]
1 [0.97%]
5 [4.85%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [0.97%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Greatest Islamic Empire
    Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 21:43
Originally posted by THE TURK

Cok Gec,

I recommend this book to you. It has very interesting information about ethnical identity of The Ottomans.

http://www.ideefixe.com/kitap/tanim.asp?sid=IJO5ZZ5OO66I6LOU M000

Does it come in English? My Turkish is so terrible that I will need one day to finish one page

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 03:23

Choose what is the turkish tie between you from Turkey and an Uyghur in East China, Ethnic? Language? or both? After you answer we will see what is the topic even.

Common history, langauge and culture. I never think that their face was link. Infact this is a little weird idea. We were same people, we went different way, so we are a little different now. But we are still same people and I dont see any problem at this.

Wasn't my point. My point was clear already as yourself used it correctly. Say Turkish language for turkey, but say Turkic for other turkic languages. Don't confuse the termonology. That is all. Do I have to teach you my Turkish friend what you call your language correctly in English?

Will you call azeris also talking a Turkic langauge? Difference is to low. So maybe you should interest with terminology too. I am sure all arabs dont talk excatly same words. Every one of them have other effects. Or an arab from Iran and an arab from egypt speak excatly same?

It says "in their face look".  Sorry, wasn't my theory that what ties a Turkish person from Istanbul with a Turkic person in Uyghur land is only the language. Not the ethnicity.

Realy? werent we  same people? arent our root same? So for you ethnicity only means face? culture langauge common history have no place for your ethnicty? Well do you accept this for your own race too? Remember you arabs asimilated a lot people too. So you are not ethnicty but a langauge group too?

and difference between arabic and arabish?

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 04:31

Yup. Actually a lot of scholars have debated that there is a race called a pure Arab race in all Arab countries. Original Arabs can stay unmixed like in some parts of the Arabian Penynsila, or mixed as in Iraq and Palestine, or arabataized (became Arabs by speaking the language) like many of Algerian berbrs...etc

So, Arabic is not a race, but a language bound. Suprisingly, the prediction of that transfer from an ethnic race of Arab to Arab common by language was predicted by the Prophet (SWT) when he said in the meaning "An Arab is he who spoke Arabic". Sahih Bukhari Hadith.

Now, Im suprised you still push for the idea that Turkic is a race bound. I belive it depends. Can be a race, like between various Turkic tribes, can be a language bound, like in Turkey itself. Are Azeris Turkic people? I don't know. If they speak Turkic language why not consider them Turks? Because they are ethnically not Turk but Persian? Well, half of west of Turkey are greek by race but Turkish by culture and religion.

Again, that idea is not mine. It is a product of various resources including Turkish governmental resources. In fact, you saying that Turkic bound is "Common history, langauge and culture. I never think that their face was link" you didn't mention race? which is the physical appearance. So you support too that Turkic bound is sharing common history, language, and culure. Maybe I said language bound, but I meant all what comes with the language including the culture, and obviously as you mentioned history.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Asena View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 21:27
General cok gec, you either a hidden zionist or an unhidden one..
Because it is Turk_ic in English so it means it is not "belonging to Turk?  Like Asia_tic, means belongs to Asia, from, off Asia... you are funny...not in a likable way
Asena View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 22:15

I have read another of your "proud" comment on "HOW the Arabs beat the Turks "and how it was an independent fight" ...

By losing their pride, honor and their "independence",dividing and  selling their country, their people and their natural resources, hiding behind the british, and shooting the Turks behind...
Coincidences:
Killing of millions in Iran irak war which iraq hidden behind the US guns
Killing of thousands in Afghanistan

nowadays, killing of Iraqi's by some "proud" minority shiates, Kurds and Arabs hiding behind the US guns ....Always hiding behind a zionist/mason/and or Christian guns, killing their own people at worst, killing people in similiar  faith at best....Still how could one find any PRIDE in killing their own, or any innocent for that matter...  with your logic, Iraqis on the side of invaders, fighting for their independence....what an independence that Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, UAE has....

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 22:44

Im a Zionest now!

I have read another of your "proud" comment on "HOW the Arabs beat the Turks "and how it was an independent fight" ...

And I never said Im proud that Arab beat Ottomans. I never in fact called it an independance war. I challenge you on that, unless u r reading another guy posts and thinking it is me the hidden zionest. I just stated the fact. How about if you found those comments and post them for us here...to see if i am  a real hidden zionest

But don't worry, you are not the first person to call me a "hidden Zionest", some of those who couldn't reply to my questions and comments said that too.

Moderator? where are you? that is a defamation

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Asena View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 23:31

At a time when all the previous meaning of concepts have been changed by Monopolized (by you know whom) media, we have to stick on the previous, real  meanings of concepts at least on most cases;
*like  "freedom fighters", who fights for their country against invasion, nowadays the ones who side with the invaders are called as such
*like "terrorist" who kills innocent people, either with a bomb in a public train, or by dropping bomb on people..It is not the means that determines the action but the end result of it..Any act resulting in killing innocent people is a terrorist act. The means one uses could be a simple bomb, or a multi million dollar plane..if the end result is killing the innocent people that is called terrorism.
* democracy...any country even kingdom, as long as they are on the side of you know whom is called democracy..or any exported or/and supported Puppet goverments .
*Death Squads; who kills their own people , now a days they are called "commandos of democratic government" 

without getting off the main subject, Mr General, The concept of Turk, Turkish and Turkic have been very important for the neo-crusaders since the beginning of the first World war...They made sure that no Turk_ic origin Europeans should be called Turkish, but  "muslim minorities", they have rewritten the history with a similiar explanation that you are using..Somehow, that did not change the minds of serbs,,when they were killing the bosnians, they were saying they were killing the Turks...It was written even on Times (somehow) you must have missed it.

Similiarly, one of the civilized empires of the past (somehow only the Christian empires are presented to be)  The Khazar empire has been kept secret for years...You probably know that..It was the nightmare of Zionists when a Jewish Writer disclosed this secret..with the documents, letters and archeological artifacts.. It is still have being suppressed and being defied despite the facts ...why..because "anti-semitism" always being an important weapon.. If you say anything about Islam, it cant be taken as racist, I wouldn't call it anti-turkish, or anti-arab, But if you say anything about Judaism, jewish, it was called Anti_semitism..meaning anti-semite  a racist approach, because it has been claimed that it is a "race" base religion..when the Khazar empire question came out to open, which they were all Turk_ic (in reality one of the ten ancient Turkish tribes ruled by Ashina tribe like most others) who converted judaism, and who makes up of , if not all most of Russian, Bulgarian, Ukranian Jews, some of Ashkenazi European jews...millions...

History is written and rewritten, meaning of concepts have been reconfigured for one fundamental reason...division & manipulation...
Divide and Conquer..
It is not racism to find out who you are, contrary it brings sympath and unity, it is racism to claim your race is superior to others..like calling oneself "choosen ones""
That's why you see the biggest racism in countries who claim to be anti_racist , while they preach non-nationalism for others, they preach nationalism for themselves...because they know that unity, power, respect, love and care starts from the core of family,,,and spreads to extended family...if you destroy the family, (while they strengthening theirs) you cant be united and always kill each other

respectfully

Asena View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 00:08

Interesting..it wasn't the first time?
Couldn't reply your comments?:
I wouldn't waste my time in responding to hypocracies and provokations .
Besides we do not have to prove you anything,  the people of all those countries already know and aware of their history and decendants  based on which they already have high level academic and politic federations, student exchange programs, media broadcasting in Turk-ish or should I say Turk_ic... some how it all has Turk at the start..and Most of other Turk countries academicians and even presidents say they are all Turks,,,it does not matter what you think or say...I know it is the biggest fear of neo-crusaders, and of zionists.They have been doing everything in their power to prevent a unity..... but the facts wont change

For the rest of the people; the revised concept has been(mostly with still resistance) accepted as ; "Turk" refers to the people who comes from the same decendants , Turk-ic which means the language of Turks, refers to the language their decendants have spoken and speaking with different variations,  , Turk-ish refers to the spoken Turkic language in Turkey..

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 02:48

Can be a race, like between various Turkic tribes, can be a language bound, like in Turkey itself. Are Azeris Turkic people? I don't know. If they speak Turkic language why not consider them Turks? Because they are ethnically not Turk but Persian?

who said we dont? dont you know their pm said, we are two country, one nation? Yes It have some politics inside of it. But dont you think, It have some minor element too? Dont you know, Turkey follow azeris wish for armenian problem, and azeris help TRNC? And that ethnical thing is another debate, mixing does not mean, they are persians.

Well, half of west of Turkey are greek by race but Turkish by culture and religion.

Well I dont know, what do you mean with this but,no. You are wrong, half of west settled by anatolians after   1940-1950

Now Istanbul have more people from anatolia than Istanbul itself, Infact Locals of istanbul is maybe 2-6%. people who came coast of blacksea, middle anatolia and easter anatolia was fulled city.

Again, that idea is not mine. It is a product of various resources including Turkish governmental resources. In fact, you saying that Turkic bound is "Common history, langauge and culture. I never think that their face was link" you didn't mention race? which is the physical appearance. So you support too that Turkic bound is sharing common history, language, and culure. Maybe I said language bound, but I meant all what comes with the language including the culture, and obviously as you mentioned history.

Infact It is a race, what you call a race? With your mentality there were not any race in world. Ethnics built races, when someone say I am arab or turk, you dont look for his dna. A lot of mixing happened, but still majority call himself as Turk. This has no relation with dna. We all come from same root, so when people become a new race? how you call them as a new race?

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 03:45
Originally posted by Mortaza

who said we dont? dont you know their pm said, we are two country, one nation? Yes It have some politics inside of it. But dont you think, It have some minor element too? Dont you know, Turkey follow azeris wish for armenian problem, and azeris help TRNC? And that ethnical thing is another debate, mixing does not mean, they are persians.

Im not sure where are you going with this paragraph, but yeah, i said Azeris are turks because they speak turkish, not because of their race..right?

Well I dont know, what do you mean with this but,no. You are wrong, half of west settled by anatolians after   1940-1950

Now Istanbul have more people from anatolia than Istanbul itself, Infact Locals of istanbul is maybe 2-6%. people who came coast of blacksea, middle anatolia and easter anatolia was fulled city..

Well, i will believe your information because you are from there. However, the point stays the same. Local of Istanbul are called Turks, and residence of eastenr anatolia are called Turks too. It is a language, cultural, historical bound. Not a race. Race is DNA. Ethnicity is a broader term, but Race is DNA of course.

Infact It is a race, what you call a race? With your mentality there were not any race in world. Ethnics built races, when someone say I am arab or turk, you dont look for his dna. A lot of mixing happened, but still majority call himself as Turk. This has no relation with dna. We all come from same root, so when people become a new race? how you call them as a new race?

Well, you don't even agree on the definition of Race. Race Mr. Mortaza is DNA. An ethnicity is a race difference. I already said said that Arabic is a cultural, historical, language connection. It is not a race connection. When you speak of an Arab, you don't mean a white Lebanese Arab or African dark Somalian Arab. You talk about a person whose culture and language is Arabic. Same is to Turkish. Not very hard to draw that analysis.

Yes, people can form a new race. Didn't you hear about the Hispanic race? If you went to USA, you can check races in your census report as White, African American, Native American, Asian, Hispanic..etc

Hispanic is a result of mixing between White Spaniards, Native American, and sometimes Africans. Even in Latin America, they have various races of white, african, native american, mestizo (which is a mix). Anyhow, I don't know why is saying Turkish is a cultural language connection, not race connection is so suprising to people here. Turkish government says that on their websites. Not me only

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 00:59

guys please stick to the topic which is about the "greatest islamic empire"

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 01:10

Asena, no offese, but i finally got  the time to go back to read your posts after ignoring them .

Com'on dude, give me a break. hypocracies, neo-crusaders, and of zionists<<< you are cracking me up

Right, let us get back to the topic.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 01:46
Originally posted by ok ge

Now, Im suprised you still push for the idea that Turkic is a race bound. I belive it depends. Can be a race, like between various Turkic tribes, can be a language bound, like in Turkey itself. Are Azeris Turkic people? I don't know. If they speak Turkic language why not consider them Turks? Because they are ethnically not Turk but Persian? Well, half of west of Turkey are greek by race but Turkish by culture and religion.

sorry but I don't see any similarity between Persians and Azeris.neither cultural nor lingual.Azeris being turk has been answered by both Azeris and Turks here.it would be off topic to discuss it here again anyway.

as for half of the Western Turkey is being Greek in race is just absurd.You're playing with big numbers of people here.Most Greeks left Turkey in 1920's by losanne treaty.Those who have stayed were not big in numbers.same goes for Turks in Greece as well.I've never seen a muslim Greek in Turkey!

Edited by erci
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 01:59

Originally posted by erci

Sorry but I don't see any similarity between Persians and Azeris.neither cultural nor lingual.Azeris being turk has been answered by both Azeris and Turks here.it would be off topic to discuss it here again anyway.

Uha, but I never mentioned Azeris are persians, I said they share the Turkish language connection rather than race connection. Now i'm not sure what do you mean by your previous posts. Are they then turks or not? Anyhow, it is not the curcial point if they are turks or not. That was an example.

Originally posted by erci

as for half of the Western Turkey is being Greek in race is just absurd.You're playing with big numbers of people here.Most Greeks left Turkey in 1920's by losanne treaty.Those who have stayed were not big in numbers.same goes for Turks in Greece as well.I've never seen a muslim Greek in Turkey!

Well, I did already acknowledge that the numbers might seem off as Oguzoglu or Mortaza explained. However, I did mention that Im not talking about recen greeks, Im talking about inhabitants of ancient Byzentine and all the Muslim greeks and balkans who immigrated to turkey. They are considered to be turks, right? but they are not ethnic turks.  And actually there were greek Muslims, but you don't hear about them because as soon as they become Muslims, they are considered Turks. Again, based on religion and culture and not ethnicity. This is clear in the Wikipedia explaination http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeks

During the Ottoman rule of Greece, Greek Orthodox Christianity was the only Greek community; the Ottomans considered religion to be the defining characteristic of "national" groups (millet). Greeks who adopted Islam during that period were considered 'Turks'.

D.J. Kaufman
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 18:49

It is interesting that people start quoting from "wikipedia"...How much bias it could be? since it is written and posted by ordinary people rather than historians.. we should read the history from people who will have no reason to be bias adn has references to actual scientific data.

I have come accross a site full of "historical" data, and mostly talking about Chinese history.. According to him early  Chienese and Turkish history is inseperable..it may shed some light on some of these discussions..

http://www.uglychinese.org/uygur.htm

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 23:28

closed too, same old reason, this thread has deviated alot from its main topic.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456