Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My trip to Irans ancient Chinese temple

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My trip to Irans ancient Chinese temple
    Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 15:54

This is a wonder!

A huge temple with an area of about 120,000 sq-m (400x300) has been carved in the heart of mountain, something which seems impossible even in modern times.

My great respect to Chinese architecture!

This is not near Tehran but today I forced my brother to go there!

My brother:

And me:

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 17:34
Wow, who built this wonder? I mean, which time period and which Chinese emperor?
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 08:05
It is not clear when this temple has been built, one possibility is that mongols have built it but some evidences show this building existed in the Sassanid period.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 09:40
Chinese embassy periphery building? We all know of the huge extent of contact and co-operation there was between these, the two most immense and advanced trading cultures of the ancient world.
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 12:20
After this pic i should ask "wich people didnt defeat the aryans?"
OUT OF LIMIT
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 13:15
No you should ask "which country has had religious and cultural tolerance as much as Iran?"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 14:32
I think the question should be "Which civilizations have passed through Iran?". More objective and sensible.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 21:27

Originally posted by Kenaney

After this pic i should ask "wich people didnt defeat the aryans?"

typical response to be expected from someone of your callibre, why do you people defecate in every thread? 

Here's a better question, which people learned civilization (and are still in the process of that learning)  from the Aryans?

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 21:36

So now there are 4 Questions so far waiting answers

1-  "wich people didnt defeat the aryans?" asked by Kenaney

2- "which country has had religious and cultural tolerance as much as Iran?" asked by Cyrus Shahmiri

3- "Which civilizations have passed through Iran?" asked by Oguzoglu

4-which people learned civilization (and are still in the process of that learning)  from the Aryans? asked by Zagros Purya

i say we should answer these Questions and then continue with the original subject about chinese temple.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 23:53
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

I think the question should be "Which civilizations have passed through Iran?". More objective and sensible.

Maybe if your country had more than 500 years of history you would have experienced a few invasions by hungry and poor nomads that surrounded your land and had nothing to lose like Iranians experienced. Or maybe Iranians should have used the same approach as Anatolians ( and many so called Arabs) and act like shape shifters and take the identity of the last invaders that passed through their land to please them. Lets see, the Anatolian approach, First we are Hittite, no now were are Iranian, wait were are Greek now, oops we changed to Armenians then Iranians again, well today be are Turks and we think we look east Asian ( nobody in Turkey can buy a mirror and look into it) and nobody ever invaded our land! The only war we lost was to a few hungry arabs on their camel helped by the British ......Wahoooo..............

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 06:14

Here's a better question, which people learned civilization (and are still in the process of that learning)  from the Aryans?

Please Zagros, just dont turn it into an international flame war, just handle it personally please.

Maybe if your country had more than 500 years of history you would have experienced a few invasions

Our country has a history of 82 years, I think more than the independent years of Algeria after the long lasted Turkish rule all over Northern Africa.

But our country has a political background of 900 years, with the Seljuks of Rm. Many countries' current political/social situations arent that similar and continuous with their pasts.

hungry and poor nomads

You mean Berber camelmen? No they were too far away from conquering lands, they were more likely conquered than being conquerers...

and many so called Arabs, take the identity of the last invaders that passed through their land

Like Algerians?

well today be are Turks and we think we look east Asian ( nobody in Turkey can buy a mirror and look into it

Turks arent east Asian, but Central Asian. Learn some geography, Bob.

And are you our second online mirror after the primary Bobs? cool man, lets say, does my beard looks good, or should I shave it?

nobody ever invaded our land

We didnt claim something like that, please quote if I did.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 07:21

hmmmmm it seems like i was misunderstood here

ok let me post what i posted in more direct way.

--------------------------------------------------

So now there are 4 Questions so far waiting answers

1-  "wich people didnt defeat the aryans?" asked by Kenaney

2- "which country has had religious and cultural tolerance as much as Iran?" asked by Cyrus Shahmiri

3- "Which civilizations have passed through Iran?" asked by Oguzoglu

4-which people learned civilization (and are still in the process of that learning)  from the Aryans? asked by Zagros Purya

i say we  continue with the original subject about chinese temple. and anyone who is intersted to post something Not related to this thread please open a new thread about that subjects.

------------------------------------------

but then who listens?  

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 07:38

hehe

bold action

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 09:00
Mine whas a joke, i think it did hurts that nationalistic brains out here....
OUT OF LIMIT
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 12:16
Don't try and play innocent here , boy, if your intention was that harmless you would have indicated that you were joking in the very post in which you made your inciting comment and had you done so I would not have replied, but your you clearly wanted a reaction, so .
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 12:42

An important question about the temple: "Is it possible that it belongs to anoter culture other than Chinese?"

I think Chinese dragons are more fearful looking, aren't they?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 12:47
the ones in the Iranian temple are largely worn away, but in my opinion,  they appear to be the same style, the Chinese art style is pretty unique.
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 20:35

[quote]After this pic i should ask "wich people didnt defeat the aryans?"
quote]

Just shut up, I was enjoying this thread until I saw your arrogant post. 

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
snowybeagle View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote snowybeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 22:22

Can you provide the name of this site?

Thanks.

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2005 at 08:44
It is called "Temple of Dragons" or "Temple of Dashkasan" (Dashkasan is the name of a village near this temple).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>