Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

for OSMANLI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: for OSMANLI
    Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 11:07
Let us discuss the Arab nationalism of the Turn of the century.

This rose out of the Young Turk Movement, When Literate Arabs who many were christian and or educated in western universities in the mideast, saw how very poorly they were treated by the Ottoman govts desicions to Favor Turkish Over Arab  and Turkish Over Muslim in the empire.

It was Impossible to say that The Arab Christians were alone, as Without the support of the Muslims of Baghdad,Damascus,Cairo etc it would have been impossible for this to take root all at once.

Rather It is the fact that An arab Christian in Syria, and an Arab Muslim in Iraq had little in common save for they both suffered from the same conditions and maltreatment.

Let us discuss for a Momment the seriousness of the arab complaints.

The Appearance of tens of thousands if Not hundreds of thousands of Armenian refugees in a poor state in the deserts of Syria.

The Replacement of Arabic with Turkish in the central govt.

The replacement of Local shiekhs with effendis in Local Govt.

The placing of Missions from Germany,France,UK, In Jerusalem and Syria.

The Cowardly attempt to sell libya to italy for 2 battleships.

The Crucifixions of Muslim Arabs in lebanon who were protesting the Druze being made a protected people by the Ottomans.

The Fact that Sufis were allowed to visit the graves of The Sahaba and Play music Much to the protests of The Sherieef of Mekka.

an arab would see these things and with the apparance of the armenians on the syrian border and hinterland realise the writing was on the wall, That the Ottoman Khalifate (which is illegal) was becoming a Turkish Empire, and it was this and ONLY this which led towards arabs  working with the British to free themelsves.

Other things forgotten.

The sultanate of oman was briefly under turkish rule it was under your control for less than 35 years.

Morocco never never was conqured by the Turkish sword, nor did they recognise a turkish caliphate.

An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 12:08
And Arabs are just the poor unfortunate victims of history, right?
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 12:57
Here another fanatic.....
OUT OF LIMIT
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 13:34

Allahn manya bu kt imdi de

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 13:45

Nothing is one-sided my friend. Yes, with young Turks ottomans are becoming more Turk.

But that arabs who attack ottomans are mostly criminals, they killed Turkish soldier for money. and You should remember.

ottomans never let jews to settle at jerusalem, even when they were dying.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 13:46

"Turk has no friend but Turk."

My grandpa, 1990s...

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 14:01

what about bosnians?

Laz? cherkes? afgains? or pakistanies?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2005 at 18:40

Laz, Cherkes of Turkey are Turks. He didnt refer to ethnicity, but values and common pasts. Of course they are our bros, just like Kurds, Anatolian Armenians, even Rms of Turkey.

Dont you remember when with the pressure of EU, TRT tried to invision non Turkish shows in specific time periods on TV, and Bosnians opposed it because they didnt consider themselves different from the regular Turks? Only Kurds didnt oppose that. The point isnt about ethnics.

Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 00:15
My Grandfather had a saying also.

Never turn your back on a Turk, and in the belly of a turk you will find lost jewels.

How can one calling themselves Shahanshah call himself a Turk?

Im very Proud we Broke the Persian Throne and smashed cestiphone!
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 00:30
what about lazs Oguzoglu? I'm sorry I was aboard at the time and couldn't get enough info on that one
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 05:56

Never turn your back on a Turk, and in the belly of a turk you will find lost jewels.

So that is the reason for investigating Turkish belly with a knife. Just as I said, they are not much different than theifs and bandits.

The one attacked ottomans are mostly  Bedawis, arent they?

So You grandfather is one of bandits. like or not.

They fight for jewels.

"Turk has no friend but Turk."

Oguzoglu what you said is just stupidness, Pakistanies helped us much. And what we did to other race are not much much fine than what they did to our race. History should stay at history.

Or all balkain will began to see Turkey as enemy. All arabs will remember we ruled them and conquered their land. Or other race will remember other conflicts. Nonsense.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 06:00

Originally posted by Al Bedawi

My Grandfather had a saying also.

Im very Proud we Broke the Persian Throne and smashed cestiphone!

So would I be if it was the only real achievement of my people.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 16:48

Originally posted by erci

what about lazs Oguzoglu? I'm sorry I was aboard at the time and couldn't get enough info on that one

Erci, if you've read my post, you would see. Laz, Circassian, Armenian, Boshnak, Rm, Kurd etc. of Turkey. We are all Turks, and we are our friends.

Murtaza, of course they are our friends, and that sentence isnt about races, you know that better than me. also Afghans, etc. But the thing is, those are only political relationships and alliances, just like all international relationships, all about benefits.

Edited by Oguzoglu
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 18:31

Originally posted by Zagros Purya

And Arabs are just the poor unfortunate victims of history, right?

!  he was talking about the "turn of the Century" which is not all history.

Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

Allahn manya bu kt imdi de

OMG Jagatai Khan  not everytime !!   if you want to post anything in any other language but english,  Provide Transilation or dont Post it at the first place.

so please give us transilation.

this is the last time i advice you about this next time any non-english language without transilation will be edited by me.

to all Members

Please discusse without insulting and without starting another topics otherwise your posts will either be deleted or Edited and sometimes  the thread will be LOCKED .

Edited by azimuth
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 19:50
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Originally posted by erci

Erci, if you've read my post, you would see. Laz, Circassian, Armenian, Boshnak, Rm, Kurd etc. of Turkey. We are all Turks, and we are our friends.

Murtaza, of course they are our friends, and that sentence isnt about races, you know that better than me. also Afghans, etc. But the thing is, those are only political relationships and alliances, just like all international relationships, all about benefits.

no you got me wrong.I meant how did Lazs react when government allow laz language on tv's? were they pleased? or  they did show the same reaction as bosniaks?
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 19:55
I'm asking because I don't know what happened at that time period.afaik lazs were always free at their culture and language in Turkey. I'm assuming they oppesed the idea as well like Bosniaks.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 07:04

Laz didnt oppose it, but they declared there was no need for that. First ones to oppose it were Bosniacs, in Turkey and Bosnia, but the others except Kurds didnt support it.

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 08:26

Sir Al badawi eL Lawrence vahabbi,

whats youre problem with Turks?

OUT OF LIMIT
Cengiz Kagan View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Cengiz Kagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 19:49
Originally posted by Kenaney

Sir Al badawi eL Lawrence vahabbi,

whats youre problem with Turks?

Just another frustrated Arab.......
TANRI TURKU KORUSUN
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:08
im rather satisfied.

Theres one of me and 14-16 of you who have done nothing but run your mouths about the arabs all day and now when I say one to two things you cry?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>