Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If USA was hit by Nuclear bomb from terrorists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If USA was hit by Nuclear bomb from terrorists
    Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 21:14

DENVER (July 18) - A Colorado congressman told a radio show host that the U.S. could "take out" Islamic holy sites if Muslim fundamentalist terrorists attacked the country with nuclear weapons.

Rep. Tom Tancredo made his remarks Friday on WFLA-AM in Orlando, Fla. His spokesman stressed he was only speaking hypothetically.

Talk show host Pat Campbell asked the Littleton Republican how the country should respond if terrorists struck several U.S. cities with nuclear weapons.

"Well, what if you said something like - if this happens in the United States, and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims, you know, you could take out their holy sites," Tancredo answered.

"You're talking about bombing Mecca," Campbell said.

"Yeah," Tancredo responded.

The congressman later said he was "just throwing out some ideas" and that an "ultimate threat" might have to be met with an "ultimate response."

Spokesman Will Adams said Sunday the four-term congressman doesn't support threatening holy Islamic sites but that Tancredo was grappling with the hypothetical situation of a terrorist strike deadlier than the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

"We have an enemy with no uniform, no state, who looks like you and me and only emerges right before an attack. How do we go after someone like that?" Adams said.

"What is near and dear to them? They're willing to sacrifice everything in this world for the next one. What is the pressure point that would deter them from their murderous impulses?" he said.

Tancredo is known in the House for his tough stand on immigration and had a 100 percent rating last year from the American Conservative Union his votes and positions on issues.

Mohammad Noorzai, coordinator of the Colorado Muslim Council and a native of Afghanistan, said Tancredo's remarks were radical and unrepresentative but that people in Tancredo's position need to watch their words when it comes to sacred religious sites and texts.

How should USA respond to terrorist attack using nuclear weapon?

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 23:21
Although that would be SOOO dumb because then almost all Muslims wouold take up arms against the US, its not a plan I would mind being carried out...as long as they hit all the other religious sites as well.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 00:07

See what happens when we have conservatives in office, they start flaunting our capablilities. They give America the worse of imagesand disgrace the American name.

But I do like Tobodai's idea, but I don't think we need nukes for them, just bulldozers.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 00:41
NUCLEAR WAR-FEAR
Tancredo clarifies
'ultimate response'
Should U.S. bomb Islamic holy sites
after nuke terror attack on America?

Posted: July 15, 2005
5:00 p.m. Eastern

By Art Moore
2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Tom Tancredo     
Clarifying remarks from a radio interview that drew praise from some supporters, Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., said he was not suggesting that the U.S. should bomb the Islamic holy site Mecca as a response to a nuclear homeland attack by al-Qaida.

The congressman's press secretary told WorldNetDaily the comments were an off-the-cuff response to a hypothetical situation.

"He doesn't believe that we should go out and threaten to bomb anybody's holy city," said spokesman Will Adams.

In the interview this morning with Pat Campbell of WFLA radio in Orlando, Tancredo discussed his request for a briefing from the Justice Department on information it has on plans revealed by WND this week for a nuclear attack on the U.S. by al-Qaida terrorists....

....Link to site, for full text of the news....

He chickened out on that one, but the speach and the implications of it would have more devastating results than say nuking the white-house.

It means WW3 and so that is the strategically stupidest thing that the US can do.. bomb religious sites, yet alone to Nuke them.. The same thing goes for nuke's the retaliation would be nuke exploding in a heavily popuplated area in the US or a toxin.. I dont like this as much as the next person but this is what is innevitable, it happens when you invent war and saviourship to destroy a country.

Fighting with such threats and terrorists is actually easy, but its not the paranoic way the US is going about it.

and oh yes, think about how many people/soldiers can the US carry to the region if it had nuked the place.., think of how much petrol, or anyhing it will get from the area.. answer to all is 0

But one good can come of it and thats the unification of a large part of the world for a cause.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 10:30

well, let's see.
Muslims holy sites are located in Saudi Arabia ( US Ally and suppplier of oil ) and Israel, just in the middle of Jerusalem. What exactly does that guy wanna bomb then ? Did he attended to geography classes at the school or he believes that ME is a box of sand ?

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 10:36

He is  a moron, and with  this stupidness this moron will give harm to USA, not Muslims.

Why dont you choose  him,  as president?

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 11:20
Originally posted by Murtaza

He is  a moron, and with  this stupidness this moron will give harm to USA, not Muslims.

If your trying to ask why we chose him, it's because he was the best choice whether you like it or not. 

But if terrorists do, God forbid, get nukes, it will be WWIII if you don't consider this it already. 

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 11:24

No you should choose him, instead of Bush.

He is better  than Bush.

next time choose him.

it's because he was the best choice whether you like it or not.

I  like your choose, I think with this guys, USA will go  out from middle east.I support him!

Long live  Tancredo.

Against terrorist nuke  the mecca, istanbul, tahran and bagdat. Should  not forget Kahire.

Limitless stupidy.

If you  choose  stupids, this is your problem.Not mine.

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 11:26

The legislator in question is one, from one district in one state out of fifty.

He is a small fish in a very large pond.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 11:30
There is a famous quote about this..

"War is god's way of teaching americans geography" Ambrose Bierce, writer (1842-1914).

Edited by baracuda
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 11:38
Maybe he and that Chinese general would like to get together for lunch.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 21:39

Not all of us choose him.  Im a voting American and I sure as hell didnt choose him.  I beleive a good parable is a Frenchmen who supported the EU constitution after its defeat quoted : "Now I know how those Americans who were educated and reasonable felt after the re-election of George Bush"

But dont expect to see anything better anytime soon, America is overun with idiots that think the world is 5,000 years old and mirror Islamic extremists in every way but the prophet they worship.  And the only opposition to this crazy takeover of the GOP comes from the historically pathetic and now completely neutered democratic party.  I say this, you cannot have democracy with only two major parties, its barely batter than a one party state.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 10:06

He is a moron, and with this stupidness this moron will give harm to USA, not Muslims.

Why dont you choose him, as president?

I think that Murtaza is talking about the "Nukem" congressman, not about the president. He is saying that Nukem is such an idiot that we should pick him as our next president.

I do find it very amusing that every American assumes that "the moron" is Bush
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 10:25
Well, it is rather hard to understand Murtaza.  It may not be so much as the word moron as much as we can't understand what he is saying, and with his background, it makes sense he would mean Bush.
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 10:36

oh sorry  for my bad English I mean Tancredo.

I even write

Long live  Tancredo.(I think this  is the  name of nuker)

I do find it very amusing that every American assumes that "the moron" is Bush

But this made my  day.

I dont  think Bush is a stupid, he work for his country benefit.(Not world benefit) True or false, we will see it.

But this nuker is complately moron.

Edited by Murtaza
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2005 at 11:28
Alot of the Republicans are morons, I think its a moron only party. They just look for a Protestant who wants to nuke some small country and put him up for election and some how they manage to win and the South and Central parts of the US. I honestly don't know what people see in Republicans, but its sad.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 10:05
Originally posted by Thegeneral

But if terrorists do, God forbid, get nukes,

they already have... For over half a century already.

Edited by Mixcoatl
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 10:54
They have access to get nukes, but do they posses them and have the resources to deploy them anywhere?
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 11:00
He means USA, I think.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 11:49
Ahh, sarcasm.  Thing is, we have not terrorized anyone or used our nukes since WWII.  Sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>