Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can/could the Arabian Penninsula unite?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can/could the Arabian Penninsula unite?
    Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 22:16
I know there are plenty of countries on the arabian penninsula, and I believe most if not all call themselves Arabs. I know of the Pan-Arab idea of unity of all arabs, but i was just considering Unity of the Penninsula. Could this be possible, ever in the future?
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2005 at 22:23
Not as long as the more enlightened societies on the edge like Qatar and UAE and the reactionary psychotic society of Saudi Arabia continue to be so different.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 00:38
If the Arabs united, nobody could stop them... I'm not even talking about the other Islamic countries here.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 01:59

Originally posted by Artaxiad

If the Arabs united, nobody could stop them... I'm not even talking about the other Islamic countries here.

Well if the oil runs out and they unite, I bet they could be stopped..

TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 02:34

Well if the oil runs out and they unite, I bet they could be stopped..

One thing we know about the Mid east. it that throughout all of mans history it has been filthy rich. I heard that now there is a future enegry resource inwhich 80% is located on that so holy of grounds...

I forgot the name though...

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 02:43

What about before oil was discovered, or when there were no engines in the 1800's? The middle east was rich?

TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 03:00
hmm...

Actually, Im not so sure in that era.

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 03:13

what is it about oil runnig out?!! they are selling oil more than using it, so when the oil will run out all the world would be effected and they for sure would prepare for alternatives.

so as the Arabian peninsula countries, ther are huge amount of investments not only in the countries themselfs but aroung the world, also dependency on oil is decreasing.

so we know oil will run out one day and most countries of the world are perparing for that so as the producing countries. also when the oil will run out form Arabia i guess there wont be any oil left anywhere else in the world.

of course for the jump start they need to use alot of money and oil to construct the basics of modernity in these countries ( although not all are really using it for that purpose).

and about the Unity

yes there is a possibe Unity but it would be similar to the European Union not a union as a single country with one government.

so far they are trying to solve minor problems between the 6 nations which are Arabian Peninsula without Yemen,

also i've heard officials are talking about Uniting the currency in 2010. we'll see

yea and why yemen is not with the other 6 countries, that is because Yemen Has alot alot to work with to get to the level the other countries already in.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 03:36
hah, yes, I was going to ask about Yemen..
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 16:36

What about before oil was discovered, or when there were no engines in the 1800's? The middle east was rich?

Before the Crusades and the Mongol Invasions, the Middle-East was very advanced and prosperous. The Arabs hardly recovered from all the massacres by those invadors. The Ottomans didn't do much to develop the region.

Edited by Artaxiad
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 19:19

Yes, Ottomans mainly concentrated on Balkans and Istanbul. But we cant deny the high benefits of middle east and its societies, culture etc. by Ottoman existance. They've protected middle east from all threats until the empire lasted.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 20:01
Guess thats why they ended up overthrowing the Ottomans..
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2005 at 17:06

Originally posted by strategos

Guess thats why they ended up overthrowing the Ottomans..

Not again please. Be loyal to your avatar...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 00:07
Originally posted by Tobodai

Not as long as the more enlightened societies on the edge like Qatar and UAE and the reactionary psychotic society of Saudi Arabia continue to be so different.

Not trying to offend anyone but per official information from the US department of State Saudi Arabia is number one in the list of countries involved in human trafficking and UAE is number 3 right behind them . Putting an Arabic name on a European airline or paying westerners build tall building on your soil using Pakistani labor does not make a country enlightened when they are buying 9 year old Afghani girls in the background

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2005 at 07:45

hani you have alot of info i see

so Emirates airline is European and we just put our name on it so it would seems like it is ours.... intersting. you must be one of the founders of that European Airline to find out about this.

and about westerns and pakistanis and the rest of your argument.

i'll just state some facts about UAE

- we got our independence from the British only 33 years ago.

- our Population at that time was less than 80,000 ( the national people). total population was around 120,000.

with that population you wont expect any industrial revolotion would you? and more than 90% dont even know how to read and write. remember that was only 33 years ago not 330 years ago.

- our Population Now is less than 800,000 ( the national people). now total popution is reaching 4 millions.

National Popuation is still small it became 10 times larger than 33 years ago but still relativly small. and from the 800,000 we have aroung 50% who are under 18 years old and around 15% older than 40 ( from the old generation whom mostly didnt has the chance to learn) the remaining of the youth are like 30,000 in the Army as solders and officers.

and the remaining of that are either in colleges or working but still small number to produce higher Quality engineers, scientists, doctors ...etc  who would be able to run an Airline factories and cars Factories and start inventing new stuff and making UAE as a major Industrial nation that can produce other things as much as Oil.

so what do you think we should do?  Wait untill the national people reach 5 million for example then we start developing ourself and our bussness?

no we dont have to wait for that we made great offers for companies around the world to come and invest here and these offers did Attracted alot of world major companies.

and those buildings who are now reaching 50, 70,90,100, and 120 Floors are not for showing up only they are required by the growth of the country and they are fully sold before they are even built yet.

what is happening in UAE now are what the current developments Demand from the country and also the Governmet is not the one who is Building 500 skyscrapers at the same time, there are Investors from around the world wanting to be part of this Development.

-

Post Reply Post Reply