Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WW3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Denis View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Denis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WW3
    Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 10:35
I don't see why there is this accepted consensus that another war on the scale of the previous massive wars on this planet is inevitable. Its not. In fact the chances that a huge nuclear war occurs is slim to nil, thanks to mutually assured destruction as our good friend Emmet has mentioned here.
"Death belongs to God alone. By what right do men touch that unknown thing"

Victor Hugo
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 07:29
I think that WW3 will not end in nuclear destruction.. Let me try to explain amidst the vacuity of my hollow skull  Wacko

Na just kidding You're Right, if the assumption is that the entire planet, or at least the major players of the planet are involved, then MAD will surely come into effect. However, I don't believe there will be another purely global war with all the superpowers capable of Nuclear destruction involved, more like a new tribalism with small scale wars over issues directly relevant to that area. Maybe I hope it more than I believe it.
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 15:46
Originally posted by pinguin

WW3 is the end, el final, finito, finis, KAPUT .... BOOOOM Dead

Anyone that think otherwise, should better go to a brain scanner LOL

Pinguin

Why should he do that, the scanner will show nothing.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 22:31
WW3 is the end, el final, finito, finis, KAPUT .... BOOOOM Dead

Anyone that think otherwise, should better go to a brain scanner LOL

Pinguin

Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 21:30
WW3? i think that someone has lost his sense of humor...

Ermm...........Disapprove

Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 13:58
make love not war (third world love).Muslims and the rest of the world
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 08:20
That is the present position.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote perikles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 07:41
Muslins are fighting each other since the beggining of history. I can hardly imagine a muslin union!!!

USA is the DOMINANT country. I can't see Iraq and Afganistan because americans destroied everything. Did you get my point?

They only left rebels to fight in these areas.

Do you think that USA needs the appooval of any country to do do anything?
All the countries have debts to USA.
And offcourse if China thinks that can prevail USA chinese army would have envade Taiwan.

Edited by perikles - 10-Oct-2006 at 07:42
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 08:48
No we will come back to Swords & Spears & bows. That's more likely.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 08:41
don't know with what ww3 is going to be fought with all I know is ww4 is going to be fought by sticks and stones (or some thing like this albert einstein)
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 08:10
What you think might be the eason behind this ?
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 05:27
I'm stunned at the number of people who think Islam is a country with borders and governments.

Seriously! Its a religion, a philosophy, an idea! Not a system of government and not a place.

Wacko
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 05:03
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

You need to remember that Pakistan the leader of Muslims

How did you figure that out?
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 15:56
Originally posted by gcle2003

Originally posted by Adalwolf

which will bring it into conflict with the U.S., as the U.S. is the dominant power at the moment.

"The US isn't dominant at the moment. Have you looked at Iraq or Afghanistan lately?"

The U.S. IS the dominant economic and military power at the moment. No other nation can compete with the U.S. military or economy. No other nation can defeat the U.S. in a conventional war.
What good is that? And how are you going to pay for it if other countries stop letting you have the money to do so?

That brings us to Iraq and Afghanistan. Ousting the Taleban and toppling Saddam were both short and successful operations-though much of Taleban escaped and are now trying to take bake Afghanistan.
To oust the Taleban you only had to lend support to the Northern Alliance which was already fighting them. That gave them most of the country. But not all of it, so it's not over yet. And if toppling Saddam was a short and successfulm operation, how come you still have all those soldiers there, with the dead and injured count at nearly 3,000 and over 60,000 and still rising?

I guess you think the operation in Vietnam was short and successful too?

I'll give you Panama and Grenada. After all the US only has 100 times as many people as Panama and thirty thousand times as many people as Grenada.

The battles in Iraq and Afghanistan are not conventional wars. The 'insurgents', if that is how you want to classify them, do not fight regularly because they would quickly be destroyed by the U.S. military. So, they set bombs, murder, and shoot and fade back into the civilian populace. These tactics do not occur in conventional war, which is why the U.S. is having problems.

The US is having problems because it is not as powerful as it thought it was because it has essentially wasted the money it borrowed on mostly useless weaponry.

You cannot seriously say (a) that you are the dominant military power and (b) that the enemy is too clever for you.

'Dominant' means you win. Not that you spend more money on your forces than anyone else.

I'm not saying they are too clever. I'm saying that we are not fighting the war correctly. We are not going on the offensive enough. The enemy needs to be pressed constantly and without remorse. Our tactic should be similar to that of General Grant in the Civil War: attack constantly wherever the enemy is. Grind the enemy down to nothing, beyond all hope of resistance.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 15:36

How can you say it would be a walkover.Muslims are the fiercest fighters in the world as seen in history. They can unite under islam & can very much destroy any enemy in the world.You need to remember that Pakistan the leader of Muslims now has nuclear bombs made from the best technologies all over the world & Chinese logistical & other support.

In a war without limits the west would anhilate anything in that Scenario. The thousands of muslims that surrendered to us in the Gulf War were not that fierce nor do I call them cowards. But its unfair to use that kind of blanket statement of fiercest warriors. For any people or nation really. China would be on the wests side. It would probably allow them to scoop up Indonesia and other areas for doing their part in this hypothetical fight against Islam. They would want a piece of the pie and would want to be on the winning side. Though I doubt Islam will ever unite in that fashion. I dont see how pakistan would figure into any leadership role. They have their own internal problems to deal with as it is and would not want to sustain a war like that which it knows would risks its existance. I'm sure Indias mouth would water if this scenerio ever came about as well.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 05:46
How can you say it would be a walkover.
Muslims are the fiercest fighters in the world as seen in history. They can unite under islam & can very much destroy any enemy in the world.

You need to remember that Pakistan the leader of Muslims now has nuclear bombs made from the best technologies all over the world & Chinese logistical & other support.

Edited by Vivek Sharma - 12-Sep-2006 at 05:50
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 05:26

It would be a religious war basically Muslims against everybody. I mean the Jews, the Christians, the Indians.

The theatre of war would be central, south asia & the middle east. 

Muslims against everybody in a world war is a walkover for the everybody.

However I also can't see Muslims burying their internal quarrels enough to start one.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 05:19

which will bring it into conflict with the U.S., as the U.S. is the dominant power at the moment.

"The US isn't dominant at the moment. Have you looked at Iraq or Afghanistan lately?"

The U.S. IS the dominant economic and military power at the moment. No other nation can compete with the U.S. military or economy. No other nation can defeat the U.S. in a conventional war.
What good is that? And how are you going to pay for it if other countries stop letting you have the money to do so?

That brings us to Iraq and Afghanistan. Ousting the Taleban and toppling Saddam were both short and successful operations-though much of Taleban escaped and are now trying to take bake Afghanistan.
To oust the Taleban you only had to lend support to the Northern Alliance which was already fighting them. That gave them most of the country. But not all of it, so it's not over yet. And if toppling Saddam was a short and successfulm operation, how come you still have all those soldiers there, with the dead and injured count at nearly 3,000 and over 60,000 and still rising?

I guess you think the operation in Vietnam was short and successful too?

I'll give you Panama and Grenada. After all the US only has 100 times as many people as Panama and thirty thousand times as many people as Grenada.

The battles in Iraq and Afghanistan are not conventional wars. The 'insurgents', if that is how you want to classify them, do not fight regularly because they would quickly be destroyed by the U.S. military. So, they set bombs, murder, and shoot and fade back into the civilian populace. These tactics do not occur in conventional war, which is why the U.S. is having problems.

The US is having problems because it is not as powerful as it thought it was because it has essentially wasted the money it borrowed on mostly useless weaponry.

You cannot seriously say (a) that you are the dominant military power and (b) that the enemy is too clever for you.

'Dominant' means you win. Not that you spend more money on your forces than anyone else.

Edited by gcle2003 - 12-Sep-2006 at 05:23
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 04:27

God knows the outcome. (The winning God or Gods)

Edited by Vivek Sharma - 12-Sep-2006 at 04:28
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 04:26
It would be a religious war basically Muslims against everybody. I mean the Jews, the Christians, the Indians.

The theatre of war would be central, south asia & the middle east. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>