Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flag of Japan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flag of Japan
    Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 14:22
Originally posted by hannibal

The story:Kua Fu Chased the Sun, just reflected a desire of people in China since the immemorial times to conquer the nature. Kua Fu chased the sun because the hotness caused by the sun destoryed his people's happy life. A man Versus all mighty sun, isn't he a brave men?

hansioux ,maybe you are right in some details.  one's thing  is for sure, the worship of sun derived from China...

Ahh... stop analyzing these stories..... next thing people are going to analyze how Micky Mouse is a true American hero that uses optimism to face his challenges....

Besides, if you really want to talk about Sun worship, it derived from Egypt.  But you know what I think?  I think any man can look up at the sun and realize all their food depends on it, and start worshiping it.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 15:31

Hey Hansioux,

heh, Chinese nationalist logic: China has A.  Someone else has A.  Therefore A started in China and got learned by someone else.  I'm proud to be a Chinese American born in Hong Kong, but I hate this Chinese nationalist logic like I hate the sound of styrofoams.

Peace,

Michael

9-2-2004

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 15:33
Originally posted by MengTzu

Hey Hansioux,

heh, Chinese nationalist logic: China has A.  Someone else has A.  Therefore A started in China and got learned by someone else.  I'm proud to be a Chinese American born in Hong Kong, but I hate this Chinese nationalist logic like I hate the sound of styrofoams.

Peace,

Michael

9-2-2004

I think the sound of nail scratching black board is worse.....

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 16:44
Originally posted by hansioux

The story:Kua Fu Chased the Sun, just reflected a desire of people in China since the immemorial times to conquer the nature. Kua Fu chased the sun because the hotness caused by the sun destoryed his people's happy life. A man Versus all mighty sun, isn't he a brave men?

hansioux ,maybe you are right in some details.  one's thing  is for sure, the worship of sun derived from China...

Ahh... stop analyzing these stories..... next thing people are going to analyze how Micky Mouse is a true American hero that uses optimism to face his challenges....

Besides, if you really want to talk about Sun worship, it derived from Egypt.  But you know what I think?  I think any man can look up at the sun and realize all their food depends on it, and start worshiping it.

I don't think Japs can learn sun-worship from Egyptians,my friend.   Maybe I should  be more concrete in expression: the sun-worship of Japan derived from China. 

Ok,I'm nationalist. It's  just sounds like that I am the one among the people who  have the qualification to be a true nationalist.

Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
Eternal biggest enemy of Rome.
hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 16:52

Hey Hansioux,

Peace,

Michael

9-2-2004

Right~That's my logic. It's also the logic of USA, when China had nuclear weapon they said we stolen technology from America ,hahah    That't the country you are  study now, I hope you can keep to be a saint.

Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:00

Right~That's my logic. It's also the logic of USA, when China had nuclear weapon they said we stolen technology from America ,hahah 

Actually, didn't China use Pakistani/Inidian scientists to make Nukes?  Or Solviet scientists?

Grrr..
hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:08
Originally posted by demon

Right~That's my logic. It's also the logic of USA, when China had nuclear weapon they said we stolen technology from America ,hahah 

Actually, didn't China use Pakistani/Inidian scientists to make Nukes?  Or Solviet scientists?

Of course,no.   China and Solviet became enemy in the later half of 1950s. Both sides of the boundary between Solviet and China deployed large numbers of army.Do you think they will help us?

As for India and Pakistani~  It's interesting for me to hear your question

We bombed nucler weapon in 1964. When they ?

Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:08
Originally posted by demon

They used the Solviet scientist for a while.

The science behind making Nuke is easy after Einstein.  But the engineering effort going in to make a Nuke is not.  It is hard work keeping the heavy water plant and all these stuff stable.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:15
It's even harder to refine Uranium into Plutonium
Grrr..
YanWang View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote YanWang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:24

Damn, what are connection between chinese nukes and japanese flag?

North korea has nukes too.

What is Your Question Again?
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:34

aww... but at least Kim Jang-il's cute, he is so funny looking.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:36
Originally posted by hansioux

aww... but at least Kim Jang-il's cute, he is so funny looking.

That's why Kim Jang-il can be an actor in an American Cartoon Movie,heheh

Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 18:30

Hey Hansioux,

Peace,

Michael

9-2-2004

Right~That's my logic. It's also the logic of USA, when China had nuclear weapon they said we stolen technology from America ,hahah    That't the country you are  study now, I hope you can keep to be a saint.

Apparently you have never heard of "strawmanizing."  Yeah, that's what you did, you just strawmanized.  Just as I'm Chinese without holding Chinese nationalist logic, I'm American without holding American supremacist logic.  And I don't just study in America; it's my home country.

hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 01:11

Hey Hansioux,

Peace,

Michael

9-2-2004

Apparently you have never heard of "strawmanizing."  Yeah, that's what you did, you just strawmanized.  Just as I'm Chinese without holding Chinese nationalist logic, I'm American without holding American supremacist logic.  And I don't just study in America; it's my home country.

Okay, the key is here,there are true men hidding among strawmen.  Did you think Chinese embassy in  Jugoslavia was bombed by strawmen.  Yes, I believe American democracy. But democracy can be found only in America. As a country,America has its' own interests just like any sefish man around us.

Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 01:44

Hey Hannibal,

You're not listening (reading.)  I'm not saying American government isn't nationlistic.  I'm not saying that some Americans aren't supremacists.  I'm saying that I'm not.  It's simple logic.  Some Americans are nationalistic doesn't mean all are.  By the same token, some Chinese are nationalistic, like yourself, but not all are.  One, such as myself, can be both American and Chinese without being nationalistic either way.  Btw, from what you wrote you clearly have no idea what strawmanizing means.  It means attacking the wrong issue.

Peace,

Michael

9-2-2004

hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 12:10

Hey Hannibal,

You're not listening (reading.)  I'm not saying American government isn't nationlistic.  I'm not saying that some Americans aren't supremacists.  I'm saying that I'm not.  It's simple logic.  Some Americans are nationalistic doesn't mean all are.  By the same token, some Chinese are nationalistic, like yourself, but not all are.  One, such as myself, can be both American and Chinese without being nationalistic either way.  Btw, from what you wrote you clearly have no idea what strawmanizing means.  It means attacking the wrong issue.

Peace,

Michael

9-2-2004

Nationalisic or not can not judge by oneself MengTzu...   And the best nationalist is a nationalist who pretended to be not...          

Mengtzu When you talked about Tibet and Xinjiang,you think in a rather American way,did you realize that?   

Besides, strawmanizing was not in my vocabulary, I learn it from you,Thx~

Edited by hannibal
Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 15:55

Nationalisic or not can not judge by oneself MengTzu...  

k, then I'll be the judge.

MengTzu is not nationalistic.

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 01:40

Hey Hannibal,

You just shot yourself in the foot again.  So far on this board I didn't say a thing about whether Tibet should have independence (I did in another board in the old All-empires.)  You cannot therefore judge my view on Tibet to be American or otherwise.

Peace,

Michael

9-3-2004

hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 09:36

Hey Hannibal,

You just shot yourself in the foot again.  So far on this board I didn't say a thing about whether Tibet should have independence (I did in another board in the old All-empires.)  You cannot therefore judge my view on Tibet to be American or otherwise.

Peace,

Michael

9-3-2004

Heheh, MengTuz ,I'll wait and see what's the content of your viewpoint about Tibet.

Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 13:12
I'm both a Korean and an American Nationalist, more of a moderate middle path nationalist though, if that's even possible...can the two go hand in hand?

BTW, my view on Tibet and Uygerstan...independance....Nei Mongolia should be given back to Mongolia....I dunno, my own crazy opinon...I don't want to argue with anyone about this...so please don't flame me or anything...

Edited by Gubukjanggoon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>