Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gubook Janggoon’s Genetic Lineage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gubook Janggoon’s Genetic Lineage
    Posted: 06-Jul-2005 at 22:29
Well...I participated in the National Geographic Genographic Project, and I've gotten my results.

Map now, other stuff later.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4237/scan5hb.jpg

Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 00:35
It seems no one's really interested...but here goes.

Your Y chromosome results indentify you as a member of halogroup O, a lineage defined by a genetic marker called M175.  This halogroup is the final destination of a genetic journey that began some 60,000 years ago with an ancient Y chromosome marker called M168

The very widely dispersed M168 marker can be traced to a single indvidual--"Eurasian Adam."  This African man, who lived some 31,000 to 79,000 years ago, is the common ancestor of every non-African person living today.  His descendants migrated out of Africa and became the only lineage to survive away from humanity's home continent.

Population growth during the Upper Paleolithic era may have spurred the M168 linage to seek new hunting grounds for the plains animals crucial to their survival.  A period of moist and favorabe climate had expanded the ranges of such animals at this time, so these nomadic peoples may have simply followed their food source.

Improved tools and rudimentary art appeared during this same epoch, suggesting significant mental and behavioral changes.  These shirts may have been spurred by a genetic mutation that gave "Eurasian Adam's" descendants a cognitive advantage over other contemporary, but now extinct, human lineages.

Some 90  to 95 percent of all non-Africans are descendants of the second great human migration out of Africa, which is defined by the marker M89.

M89 first appeared 45,000 years ago in Northern Africa or the Middle East.  It arose on the original lineage (M168) of "Eurasian Adam," and defines a large inland migration of hunters who followed expanding rasslands and plentiful game to the Middle East.

Many people of this lineage remained in the Middle East, but others continued their movement and followed the grasslands through Iran to the vast steppes of Central Asia.  Herds of buffalo, antelope, woolly mammoths, and other game probably enticed them to explore new grasslands.

With much of Earth's water frozen in massive ice sheets, the era's vast steppes stretched from eastern France to korea.  The grassland hunters of the M89 lineage traveled both east and west along this Steppe "superhighway" and eventually peopled much of the continent.

A gropu of M89 descendants moved north from the Middle East to Anatolia and the Balkans, trading familiar grasslands for forest and high country.  Through their numbers were likely small, genetic traces of their journey are still found today.

Some 40,000 years ago a man in Iran or southern Central Asia was born with a unique genetic marker known as M9, which marked a new lineage diverging from the M89 group.  His descendants spent the next 30,000 years populating much of the planet.

Most residents of the Northern Hemisphere trace their roots to this unique individual, and carry his defining marker.  Nearly all North Americans and East Asians ahve the M9 marker, as do most Europeans and many Indians.  The halogrop defined by M9, K, is known as the Eurasian Clan.

This large lineage dispersed gradually.  Seasoned hunters followed the herds ever eastward, along a vast belt of Eurasian steppe, until the massive mountain ranges of south central Asia blocked their path.

The Hindu Kush, Tian Shan, and Himalaya, even more formidable during the era's ice age, divided eastward migrations.  These migrations through the "Pamir Knot" region would subsequently become defined by additional genetic markers.

M175, first arose among early Siberians of the lineage M9.  The haplogroup it defines, O, unitquely represents East Asia.

Siberian hunters followed the great steppes eastward, across southern Siberia, about 35,000 years ago.  After these ancient migrants arrived in China and East Asia, the ice age advanced toward glacial maximum.  Encroaching ice sheets and Central Asia's impassible mountain ranges effectively isolated the haplogroup in East Asia.  There they evolved in isolation over the millennia.

Today some eighty to ninety percent of all people living east of Central Asia's great mountain ranges are members of Haplogroup O, M175 is nearly non-existant in western Asia and Europe.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 00:59
I was goiong to take part in that thing...then I forgot too.  I was curious since I have multiple ethnicities from different areas if my results would be confused or maybe even get 2 ancestors, probably to late to find out now.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 01:48
No, the project's on for 5 years.

You still got time.
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 02:05

Interesting, they had always assumed that africans were the oldest race I am not sure if this is saying that east asians are the youngest or is it is just following a longer path to get to east asia because that is where your halogroup is. It would be interesting to see more results.

Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 04:40
Miller, I think that the tree actually begins in Africa and expands up- and eastwards.
CARRY NOTHING
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 19:00
They have a more complete map on their web site. Things go in circles and does not seem to be done yet. It is a little hard to make sense of it
minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 19:38
wow Id love to know mine!
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2005 at 17:40
Interesting, they had always assumed that africans were the oldest race I am not sure if this is saying that east asians are the youngest or is it is just following a longer path to get to east asia because that is where your halogroup is. It would be interesting to see more results.

Its not as if Africans have remained totaly unchanged whilst the rest of the world developed differences, so 'oldest' and 'newest' here is kind of awkward. Seeing as everyone has that common root, they are all part of the 'oldest', and seeing as genetic change over time is assured, everyone is relativly 'new'.
Arrrgh!!"
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2005 at 17:50
Indeed - however, how much mixing has happened in Africa? Because everywhere else lots of mixing surely happened.
CARRY NOTHING
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 19:08
Plenty i would imagine, especialy the edges where contact with non-Africans is greater. At the same time Africa isn't homogeneuos, and groups have moved around internaly altering the genetic picture over time.
Stuff like the Bantu migrations and what not.
Arrrgh!!"
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 05:34

Older race is based on a study on the number mutations it does not mean less evolved it means more iterations. It was one the factors that created the out of Africa theory.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 11:55
And people in Africa continued to have generic mutations, its not like they havn't changed in the last 80,000 years.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply