Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help for Wikipedia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bobcool View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bobcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help for Wikipedia
    Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 19:31

Hi everyone, since a few months ago, I have been trying to correct misperceptions of Zoroastrianisms' influence on Christianity at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:History_of_Christianity#Th e_Zoroastrian_background

How wikipedia works is that the more people believe in something, the more influence and bearing that view will have in the entries.

I need you guys to come in there and support the obviously academically correct view that Zoroastrianism influenced Judaism and therefore Christianity to an extreme degree.

Edited by bobcool
I SUPREME
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 23:17

If I am reading you correctly wikipedia is going be to full of incorrect information soon. Majority view is not always correct. There are over 1 billion Christians in the world and even if only 20% of them have fundementalist view that would out number the number of people that have heard anything about Zoroastranism and have access to the net by say... 10000000000000000 to 1. That is going to be a lost battel already. There are many more examples that majority of people are going to create their own version of reality. More Turks than Kurds that means wikipedia soon is going to call Kurds mountain Turks, more Arabs than Israelis ( you know what that means) more Chinese than Tibetans and so on...

bobcool View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bobcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 23:26

yes exactly.  Regardless, you can go in there, register an account in 1 min, and vouche for the viewpoint I'm defending.

If the majority of people are for our view, then the general consensus will be that it will be what is included.

ALL LOYAL IRANIANS SIGN UP!

I SUPREME
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 03:26
A lot of people are ignorant towards Zoroastrianism and it's
worldwide influence on religions. Personally, I am boycotting
wikipedia, their information seems to just be incorrect, no other
way to describe it. I don't see why we have to pay attention to
every single petty or major site that displays incorrect historical
information about Iranians and their history.
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 03:32
Wikipedia is by far the most horrible source available on the net. Everything read there should be taken with half a grain of salt. There is always some fool trying to change history to make it fit his view or political needs of his nation...
bobcool View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bobcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 18:04
Anyways, it is very influential, so have an influence.  At least read the discussion and maybe you'll see how easy it is to join and have an effect on what is decided on

Edited by bobcool
I SUPREME
bobcool View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bobcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 20:47
Come on.
I SUPREME
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 23:10

I was chatting with a friend of mine recently and he tried to correct a historical statement I made by quoting Wikipedia. I made my statement in the full knowledge I had learnt it from no less than five highly regarded academic publications.

What is Wikipedia? How does it work? Why is it so inaccurate? Can any information it supplies be trusted?

TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 23:23
What is Wikipedia? How does it work? Why is it so inaccurate? Can any information it supplies be trusted?

Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that is open to everyone. Meaning anyone can jump rigt in and edit things. This is good for those who are unbiased, have good sources and can write well. Its horrible when you consider the amount of untra-nationalists who jump jump in and add the propaganda the way they like it.
Before you take anything from there with a grain of salt. I suggest you look at the discussion page which is usually on the top.
Here is a link to wiki.http://www.wikipedia.org/
Al Bedawi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Al Bedawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:23
judaism was not influenced by Zoastrian beliefs, rather the ancient religion of Abraham was influenced by the one true faith.

Back then the Holy book was the enumma elish compare the enumma elish of akkad to the book of genesis.
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:30

Yes it was, Judaism was heavily infiltrated by Zaroastrian Priests after Cyrus liberated them from Babylon, they in effect turned it into a monotheistic religion with the advent of a new Jewish cult the Pharosies (sp) a derivative of Parsis (Persians).

It is also no great surprise that many of the old testiment stories are derived from Babylonian/Akkadian Myths (Noah and the Ark).

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 19:22

Iskender Bey:

Wikipedia is nothing more than a "blog."  If you want to understand an academic discipline, study it at a university under the supervision of a recognized academic supervisor, and subject to the discipline of academic rigor. 

The internet is a source of semi-educated, half baked nonsense.  As a neurologist at Johns Hopkins University Medical Center, who is treating my wife for multiple sclerosis, said to us, "99% of what is on the internet is garbage."    

Post Reply Post Reply