Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kladas Uprising!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kladas Uprising!
    Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 12:27
I amanged to find this text online while just doing searches on Byzantine history, an event called the Kladas Uprising. I never heard much about it but it seems pretty interesting. Here is the text. It's in PDF though.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 22:50
I can't believe I read the whole thing........
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 22:58
What did you think of it? Im reading it piece by piece...
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2005 at 02:50

It was interesting, but then compared to getting back to work and auditing large companies ANY history is interesting . Seriously though,  what happened to the minorities in the Ottoman Empire is something I haven't looked into so it was worth a read. You have to feel a bit sorry for the Venetian governor though, trying to keep Ottomans, the Serenissima, the Albanians and the Greeks all happy at once without provoking a massive Ottoman invasion.

It was very useful in providing a beginning to study where the Klephts in the Greek Revolution originated from.

Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 18:28

Oh wow, it looks like there is a lot more to this then I though....

Venetian Administration in the 15th century.

Table of Content

Introduction

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Conclusion

Glossary

Appendix

Bibliography

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
 Post Reply Post Reply