Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish effect on Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Midas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish effect on Islam
    Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 05:06
Cerkez Ethem was Cerkez not Turk... Janissaries were soldiers, who were taken from their family when they were child... They were not Turk... We started to say that all of them are Turk, after the Independece War! And remember Yemen! What happened there... Just read it! I don't see the Arabs as a enemy, but these were happened in the history! They fought with English Armies...
aakhonba View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote aakhonba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 05:23

what the Arabs did and are doing does not compare to the massacre that Ataturk committed against the scholars after WWI and he forced women to take off the Hijab like today in France and he prihibited anyone from say Bisim Allah in speeches

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 17:26

"Janissaries sure destroyed many, but never and ever cooperated with the army of the enemy.

Especially in a war over a holy land against a Christian army.

When Jerusalem fell, all Europe rang the bells. If it was not the arabic backstab, we might have holded the place. Our army showed their valor when sacred was being protected at Gallipoli. All Turkish soldiers died while defending Jerusalem, none turned back. We conquered these lands like a Turk, we lost these lands like a Turk.

Hijaz railroads which was the only logistics support door was closed by Beduin Arabs, and was destroyed.

Even some truly guided arabs accept what temptation, what balsphemy they did, and they pay the price of it, they are still paying it. All became mandates. Palestine together with Jerusalem is in Israeli hands. Now that Turks will not recover Jerusalem for Arabs.

On the other hand there is a cooperation between Israel and Turkey.

Arabs come with Islamic Brothership cries, no, there is no such thing."

Very well said Hulagu...

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 21:14

Originally posted by Midas

I sometimes think that if Ottoman didn't conquer all these lands and also Seljuks and Anatolian Seljuks against crusades; i think Islam should became a religion just in Arabia... I think Islam stand on Turkish feet in the history...

waw this thread is a Turkish heaven

instead of replaying to each post i'll save me time and just comment on the first one.

well to start with. i'll ask some questions,

which islamic empire or caliphate considered the largest empire in the Islamic histoy ever?

what are the percentage of the land which was occupied by the crusades compared to the islamic areas?

did the Arabs has any strong state when the crusades came? did they even had a significant power?

what is the percentage of the Islamic countries which was under Arabic rule and which by Arabs they became muslims stayed Muslims?

what are the percentage of Islamic countries which became muslims under turkish rule stayed muslims or are muslims?

who were turkish people at the first 200 years of the rise of islam? where were they?

HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 23:13

well to start with. i'll ask some questions,

I will answer...

which islamic empire or caliphate considered the largest empire in the Islamic histoy ever?

Do we have to look at the sizes of the continents?

Lets re-ask the question Azimuth, how many opponents did Umayyads conquer? North Africa from Romans (which was way to hard for Romans to hold), Sassanid Empire (was left to death by Romans), Iberia from Goths, Iraic states of Transoxiana.

This is it, the complete Arabic Caliphate history.

Try to count the Ottoman Campaigns and try to count how many opponents Ottomans had to counter. Umayyad European advance was stopped in its first phases.

And please take a look at the 15th century.

Golden Horde Khanate in Russia, Timurid Emirate in Iran and Central Asia, Ottoman Sultanate in Eastern Roman World, Mamlukes in North Africa and Arabia.

Add these Turkish Empires in a map Azimuth.

Now lest look at 16th century.

Add these: Ottomans + Safavids + Baburids...

what are the percentage of the land which was occupied by the crusades compared to the islamic areas?

Do you think they would stop, if there were no agression? Do you think they would not march to Mecca?

did the Arabs has any strong state when the crusades came? did they even had a significant power?

Fatimid Egypt, who backstabbed Seljuks in the beginning.

Guys , what a coiuncidence, I have just finished reading my first crusade books, all of them. One of them is Thomas Asbridge' s First Crusade (It is the best one, I advice all). All Shiites were thinking, the first crusade was just a roman Counter attack to gain the asia minor back. So that Shiites in the beginning backed the Franks.

And it was Fatimid Caliphate who was holding Jerusalem when the Crusaders reached its gate.

what is the percentage of the Islamic countries which was under Arabic rule and which by Arabs they became muslims stayed Muslims?

to be precise, only Northern Africa and Arabia became mostly muslim. Iranian lands were mostly non muslim under Arabic rule. Islamic portion were a minority. For example Zeyarid Iranians were Zaroastrians, who in reality kicked Abbasids out of Isfahan and many Iranian lands. If Turks did not became muslim and invade Iran and forced them to convert, I highly doubt if they would become mostly muslim. I say I doubt, I do not say they would not be.

But it was Timur, who made several genocides to the Zaroastrians, it was Safavids who expanded Shiite Islam to Iran.

Oh, BTW, I do not feel pride for those, on the other hand yes this can be a shame.

what are the percentage of Islamic countries which became muslims under turkish rule stayed muslims or are muslims?

Balkanian muslim countries, Most of Iran, Indian muslims, Whole Central Asia, Caucasia, Anatolia, etc... 

who were turkish people at the first 200 years of the rise of islam? where were they?

Dude we love you, I personally like you, consider as a friend. We do not hate Arabs. When we said, no  brotherhood, you probably could not get us. We did not say no friendship.

We do not want to bash you, but face the facts. Kiss the Imperial ring of your master. Turks are the protectors and rulers of the Islamic world, never and ever forget this fact.

ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 00:01

Yes, we expanded Islam but don't forget! In WWI We made Jihad against the Allies but Arabs attacked to us from our back!So Islam started to lose power at last period of Ottomans... And I can't understand Saudi Arabians! Ottoman Sultans made more thing to Arabia than Anatolia and they hit from our back and we become the last people who must talk about Islam. Actually it's little bit true. Atatrk wanted a secular Turkey; but we must say that, not an Arabian King!!!

Well to tell you the truth there was no such thing as a Turkish national before the mid 1800s.  There was the young Ottomans who tried to preserve and modernise the vast Ottoman empire, the original "Turks" were numbered in thousands and were tribal warriors who by 1400 laregly dissaperaed thourh intermarriage and and addition of more population through vast conquests.  The sultans were mixed with many Euro dyansites such as the Byzantines.  The idea of a united Turkey was a modern imagination that came out of nationalism and it is the very thing that drove Ottomans from the Ottoman Empire, instead of being a Ottoman citizen you would have to be a "turk", which up to that time was identified as a peasant from the anatolian region.  It is a very loose term.

and i do have a lot of hours of research on this topic and I am Bosnian and identify myself with Turks as my nearest cousins due to our intertwining history and culture so it is not a attack it's mere point of view resulting from hours of study on the subject.

Edited by ill_teknique
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 05:00

I sometimes think that if Ottoman didn't conquer all these lands and also Seljuks and Anatolian Seljuks against crusades; i think Islam should became a religion just in Arabia... I think Islam stand on Turkish feet in the history...

I do not think that this kind of topics would bring healty discussions.

First of all any nation is superior to others. There are declines and tops in the time interval of humanity and nations. Creating discrimination between people can not be acceptable.

Do not forget that Arabs established a brillant civilization during centuries.  The effect of Endulus civilization on Europe is huge but neglected. There may be differences in interpretations of Islam. Everybody is free to interpret it in its own way if they respect to others. But of course we, Muslims, should think about what was our mistakes in lagging behind. This will be the first step for the coming top.

But discussions such as "Turks were superior", "Turks saved Islam" will bring us nowhere. This is racism. Are we loosing our values respecting other peoples, beliefs? Sorry Midas but the Turkish way of thinking was not like the way you think as in this topic. We have to forget the bad memories of WW1 and look forward.  If we could establish effective educational system in Ottoman Empire Arabs would not follow British and other imperialist powers. We have stopped during 2 centuries and we are directly responsible from the current situation in Islamic world.

Self criticism would be more useful than blaming others.   

HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 21:16

no one is racist my compatriot, no worries.

Most Turks here likes, appreciates Azimuth, our dear friend.

But every Turk would want to be honored as the protector if Islam.

Never forget, it is Turks who protects the very sword of Prophet, never forget it.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 02:16
Originally posted by HulaguHan

Do we have to look at the sizes of the continents?

Lets re-ask the question Azimuth, how many opponents did Umayyads conquer? North Africa from Romans (which was way to hard for Romans to hold), Sassanid Empire (was left to death by Romans), Iberia from Goths, Iraic states of Transoxiana.

This is it, the complete Arabic Caliphate history.

Try to count the Ottoman Campaigns and try to count how many opponents Ottomans had to counter. Umayyad European advance was stopped in its first phases.

And please take a look at the 15th century.

Golden Horde Khanate in Russia, Timurid Emirate in Iran and Central Asia, Ottoman Sultanate in Eastern Roman World, Mamlukes in North Africa and Arabia.

Add these Turkish Empires in a map Azimuth.

Now lest look at 16th century.

Add these: Ottomans + Safavids + Baburids...

i was talking about one islamic state and it is clear that the first two caliphtes were the largest and  expanded beyond Arabia.

after that the rest of the turkish empires came up while there are not even one Arabic state with the same strength as they used to be.

so if the umayyad were lucky then you are way more lucky than them.

also islamic spain survived untill the 16th century you dont know.

Do you think they would stop, if there were no agression? Do you think they would not march to Mecca?

yea they would Stop they dont have anything intersting for them in all Arabia. you know they stayed for like a 100 years in jerusalem before Salahdin came and took it back.

and by the way Salahdin used to give his victories over the crusades to the Caliphate of Bagdad.

Fatimid Egypt, who backstabbed Seljuks in the beginning.

Guys , what a coiuncidence, I have just finished reading my first crusade books, all of them. One of them is Thomas Asbridge' s First Crusade (It is the best one, I advice all). All Shiites were thinking, the first crusade was just a roman Counter attack to gain the asia minor back. So that Shiites in the beginning backed the Franks.

And it was Fatimid Caliphate who was holding Jerusalem when the Crusaders reached its gate.

Fatimides didnt back stab the seljuks they were their before the seljuks become a nation. so if you like it would be the other way around.

but anyway they where shie and the seljuks were sunnies so dont think there would be any type of union.

and dont forget that the crusades had to cross Anadolia before reaching jerusalem and all that part was under turkish controle and they failed to stop them. so its you who allowed them to take jerusalem not the Fatimides.

to be precise, only Northern Africa and Arabia became mostly muslim. Iranian lands were mostly non muslim under Arabic rule. Islamic portion were a minority. For example Zeyarid Iranians were Zaroastrians, who in reality kicked Abbasids out of Isfahan and many Iranian lands. If Turks did not became muslim and invade Iran and forced them to convert, I highly doubt if they would become mostly muslim. I say I doubt, I do not say they would not be.

But it was Timur, who made several genocides to the Zaroastrians, it was Safavids who expanded Shiite Islam to Iran.

Oh, BTW, I do not feel pride for those, on the other hand yes this can be a shame.

well the fact is more than 90% of the Umayyad caliphate lands were and are muslims and that is a great acheivements. and for the other empires in iran they were not all turkish dominations persians became muslims when the arabs were ruling

just as an example Abu muslim came from persia,and that was in the 8th century also  the Arabic caliphat harun alrashid was born in Tehran and that was also in the 8th century.

Balkanian muslim countries, Most of Iran, Indian muslims, Whole Central Asia, Caucasia, Anatolia, etc... 

iran and what is now pakistan and afganistan and the areas around it was already under islamic controle before the turkish became powrfull state.

and these are not much compared with the area and the population Arabs controled and converted.

actully not only north africa became muslims and stayed muslims they became Arabic too plus syria lebanon and iraq.

Dude we love you, I personally like you, consider as a friend. We do not hate Arabs. When we said, no  brotherhood, you probably could not get us. We did not say no friendship.

We do not want to bash you, but face the facts. Kiss the Imperial ring of your master. Turks are the protectors and rulers of the Islamic world, never and ever forget this fact.

??

what imperial ring?

and why you consider your self as  our master??? you are no better than us and we are no better than you.

but if you are so happy that you ruled some parts of the Arabic lands then dont forget that many turks were Slaves under Arabic rule and we used to buy and sell them.

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 13:58
Originally posted by azimuth

but if you are so happy that you ruled some parts of the Arabic lands then dont forget that many turks were Slaves under Arabic rule and we used to buy and sell them.

Hey Lawrence what the ^ does this mean? Did any of us insult you or youre ^nation?

edited.

Edited by azimuth
OUT OF LIMIT
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 14:05

Kenaney

If a intelligent (?) Turk dont attacked him, you wont get that answer.

If Ottomans were people like Hulagu, Arabs  realy had all right to rebellion.

So stop to accuse him, accuse our lovely fasist friend and blood-brother hulagu.

Hulagu are you mongol or Turk? It looks like you are more likely mongol.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2005 at 21:23
Originally posted by Kenaney

Hey Lawrence what the ^ does this mean? Did any of us insult you or youre ^nation?

edited.

that is a replay to Hulaguhan, and why you consider that an insult, the insult is what you wrote and i Edited. so please mind your language and stay within the forum policy if you care to post here.

also for your comfort i also wrote this just before the slave thing.

((what imperial ring?

and why you consider your self as  our master??? you are no better than us and we are no better than you.))

and dont call me lawrence, that person is not part of our history mybe jorden.

to us we never knew him and nobody consider him anything,

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 13:10
azimuth wrote:

I consider this as an insult and were saying "Hayvana onun konustugu dilden anlatacaksin" -a Turkish preverb

I know youre what youre answer would be; "anladiysam arab olayim"

OUT OF LIMIT
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 19:52

Azimuth check your three facts:

yea they would Stop they dont have anything intersting for them in all Arabia. you know they stayed for like a 100 years in jerusalem before Salahdin came and took it back.

and by the way Salahdin used to give his victories over the crusades to the Caliphate of Bagdad

1) They advanced, ruler of Kerak, Reginal of Chatillion made an expedition to Mecca and Medina. Though Sladain managed to save the places.

2) 20% of Iran was Muslim. One specalist of Timur, Prof. Dr. Ismail Aka , claims that 2 million Zaroastrians were slaughtered. Imagine their proportion.

3) In islamic caliphate, some of the slaves were the people who were working on governmental issues, but non muslim. So all non-muslim people were slaves.

The slaves Turks were the hired soldiers of Caliph Mutasim (in 830-40s...). THey were not muslim, and as a consequence, they were the greatest deal of the abbasid collapse. THey slaughtered the caliphs who did not get on well with them. But as always, you are still insulting the people who protected you.

Those (slave) dudes secured your country man.

murtaza, I am not like a converted arab origined Turk like you at least, who just insults people. I am a pure Turkik . Please aside from insulting try to contribute with your non existing knowledge.  But I am not sure because your mathematical capabilities are very low (a semi-mathamatician is talking). Comparing a gang revolt with arabian peninsula rebellion is .......

Even my Saudi friend here accepts this issue.

And no comments for your intersting thoughts which back arabian revolts. If Ottomans were like Hulagu, arabs sure have the right to revolt, blah, blah, blah... No they do not have that right, if they claim islamic brotherhood. Greeks do not claim brotherhood, so that they can revolt, because I am the invader not a brother. Arabs, in these days, in Hijaz, in Palestine, in whole damn sacred lands betrayed us.

Now, without any honour, they reclaim the islamic brotherhood, which is dead already... If they want the brothership again, OK, lets continue as it was before.

Azimuth, I am not opening a race contest, infact I do not believe races exists, I believe there is only culture. We have the military culture, state culture. You are the people who offered us brothership. Look I always tell my great respects and like for you. I really like your attitude, your comments, your personality. I am not a nationalist (I mean a nationalist in the level of a pan Turkist), how can I become a racist?

I do not want arabs to come under our rule, I respect your sovereignity, do not get me wrong (But you are always getting me wrong).

I SAY, IF YOU WANT BROTHERSHIP, KISS OUR OTTOMANISCHER KAISER RING. 

I do not want brothership, it is you who want brothership, always asking for it... I am happy Turkey living alone. No worries, I am not an imperialist, nor a fascist, not even a Pan Turkik. People think about different issues when I just told about Mongols are Turkik (BTW, I have never seen a big authority who claimed the difference, this is another fact). Ismail Aka does not strongly claims this issue so strongly because he does not care (I have never seen a more advanced Timur investigator), but I recommend it... Timurs attitude towards Turkik nation, Islam is well covered. 

Today first of all we Turkey Turks are different than even Turkmens of Turkmenistan, no need to compare with  Mongolia. Infact all Turkik countries hate us when we wanna uniet everybody as Turk. For them, they are Uzbek, Kirghiz, Kazak (If you wanna exclude some one from Turkik people, starting with Turkey add Kazaks), etc... 

I said also Ottomans were more Roman than Turk. We are more Greko-Armenian than Turk. Even if the non mixed people had their culture and life style dominated by these factors. These are facts which we all live with. I do not look like Mongoloid, and I am happy with it (Not only intermixtures but also geographical situations). Looking like an Iranian or a Greek or an Italian is not a problem for any Turks in Turkey now.

Get a life dudes. Drink your beers while enjoying Fenerbahce games next year.

Azimuth, if my words insulted you, sorry, I did not wanna point out the ruling issues. Discussing from internet is difficult, we can not understand our true aims. I just want to mention that, in my opinion, to form the islamic brotherhood, you should fullfill some duties mate. Apologizing to backstabbing your brothers...

And I am sure, you will apologize for the hired Turkik soldiers who in a good way or bad way protected Abbasid Caliphate. Look mate our Janissaries killed our Rulers too. Always there are issues like that which we do not like. But these armies never and ever cooperated with the enemy. Never forget it. Never mix two terms: coup vs. rebellion. Their main aim was defence of the country. Yes they made mistakes sometimes, but this is the world. If someone wants a victory, he should wait for his opponent to fail.

Edited by HulaguHan
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 23:41

I consider this as an insult and were saying "Hayvana onun konustugu dilden anlatacaksin" -a Turkish preverb

i think am aware that you do.  i asked why.

and please provide transilations on any non-english language you use simply because this is an english language forum and to make people understand what you are trying to say.

so tell me what that you said in english.

1) They advanced, ruler of Kerak, Reginal of Chatillion made an expedition to Mecca and Medina. Though Sladain managed to save the places.

am not saying that you are wrong, but did it really required them 100 years of expedition to mecca and medina?

as far as i know they were stronger at the begining not when Salahdin came.

2) 20% of Iran was Muslim. One specalist of Timur, Prof. Dr. Ismail Aka , claims that 2 million Zaroastrians were slaughtered. Imagine their proportion.

well if that is true then it is obvious and clear that the 20% were in controle ( my point is that since the Arabic conquest to iran and more those areas stayed under islamic rule till today. well almost. and that an Acheivement Arab made.

similar to what india was under the Muguls. till today muslims in india is a minority and those muslims ruled india for 100s of years.

Those (slave) dudes secured your country man.

they didnt has a choise did they?

Now, without any honour, they reclaim the islamic brotherhood, which is dead already... If they want the brothership again, OK, lets continue as it was before.

well depend on what you mean "as it was before"

since Arabs wont like to be under turkish rules for obvious reasons which are you didnt care about them and treated them like secound class.

to be sure ask some syrian and lebanese about the turkish period.

also the egyptians who kicked the last turkish king 50 years ago.

you must realise that your rule werent even close to being called justic. so why would we care?

Arabs are just recovering from the 19th century's occupations and some parts still under occupation.

the educated population is increasing and that is what makes countries and civilisations advanced  its Knowledge ,

with all the trouble in the middel east and the non stop US and some European support to Israel and the non democratic Arabic states and the rest of the problems AS i see it these stuff are temorary and people are waking up and we are improving. no matter how it looks like now.

Azimuth, if my words insulted you, sorry, I did not wanna point out the ruling issues. Discussing from internet is difficult, we can not understand our true aims. I just want to mention that, in my opinion, to form the islamic brotherhood, you should fullfill some duties mate. Apologizing to backstabbing your brothers...

And I am sure, you will apologize for the hired Turkik soldiers who in a good way or bad way protected Abbasid Caliphate. Look mate our Janissaries killed our Rulers too. Always there are issues like that which we do not like. But these armies never and ever cooperated with the enemy. Never forget it. Never mix two terms: coup vs. rebellion. Their main aim was defence of the country. Yes they made mistakes sometimes, but this is the world. If someone wants a victory, he should wait for his opponent to fail.

well i think if it came to a point that Turkey is demanding an apology form the Arabic states that revolted against it,  I think those Arabic states would demand Turkey to opologize for what the ottoman did to the Arabs first.

also why you keep talking about brotherhood thing? werent you who was on controle?

if it prooves anything it would proove that you are not a good rulers and not a good managers.

at the same time NOTHING at that time had to do with Islam or brotherhood. and that was clear form the treatments of the Turks to the Arabs.

[/QUOTE]
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 23:43

Look mate, Ottomans lost control.

Ottomans became backwards as timw went by. Not only arabs, we were backwards as well. I do not hide it.

I respect your soverignity, but sometimes, it annoys me when someone calls me for islamic brotherhoodship for recovery of Jerusalem and whole Palestine.

Mate we might still have held that place if we did not fight each other.

That was what I said. Some guys, like Fizzil said, Turks are racist, do not want Islamic brotherhood. I said, OK, lets make it under Ottoman rule.

TBH, that was a joke, a serious may be offensive joke, but a joke.  No more offensive than the previous comment...

If I offended you, sorry, but I was personally pissed off by those Islamic Brotherhoodship comments... I hope , I did not break your heart friend. I am not a racist. Infact I am living in a land where noone can be a racist...

Edited by HulaguHan
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 23:48

Azimuth, these Turkish soldiers were hired from Turkish lands. Like Byzantines hired the Varangians.

It is true, these Turkiks drank alcohol in the streets, pillaged the bazaars, collected taxes on their own, but no account writes, these Turkish soldiers cooperated with the enemy.

And we can not claim they had no choice since they were able to depose the Caliphs and assign a new one.

But I agree with you, especially in Caliphate area, they did crimes...

but calling them as slaves, sold in markets, is far from reality.

Let me mention, in Islamic world, non-muslim government employes are "slaves". Abbasids, Iranian Samanids, and many other had "slave" soldiers.

Ottomans never let non muslims to enter any government areas, having their lesson carefully learned by Abbasid Caliphate...

Ottomans had no "slaves". They "converted " the new comings.

HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 23:55

Azimuth, fanatic Christians are not like Muslims.

The real aim of the haws like Reginald was the islamic world' s destruction.

Saladin, that is why, asked him to convert (he never asked that question before, and he never attacked an army who offered cease fire).

Saladin was a devout muslim but it was opnly one time he suppressed.

It is because of the MEcca expedition of Reginald...

Thanks to Salahaddin, Mecca was not destroyed...

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 05:55

[/QUOTE

Intersting.....I wonder which one is harder?Kidnapping a 9 year old boy or defeating an army in battle?

Intersting.....I wonder which one is harder?Kidnapping a 9 year old boy or defeating an army in battle?

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 05:56

azimuth wrote:

no that is not an insult....that would be the truth

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>