Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question on the Magyars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on the Magyars
    Posted: 14-Sep-2005 at 11:03

ah thanks,

and i tought "hey i found something"

Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2005 at 03:59
Wegier, Polak, dwa bratanki, jak do szabli tak do szklanki
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 12:02
I think it is clear that the original race of ural-altaic is mongoloid.Today in Estonia there are many estonians who look like asians with dark eyes,also with blue or green eyes,but still look like asians. 
Nagyfejedelem View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Nagyfejedelem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 06:25

DayI:

"The second syllable of this name tur means bull and a maleness."

This sentence contrary the belower is true. I heard about "turi bika" and bika indeed means bull in Hungarian.

Turul bird actually means the same in Turkish: the Togrul.

The ideas about the Etrusco-Turkish and Etrusco-Hungarian relationship is very frequent but in my opinion these are false statements without enough base.

Baron
Baron

Quote Nagyfejedelem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 06:28
And it's not only my opinion.Big smile
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 09:23
Originally posted by Nagyfejedelem

And it's not only my opinion.Big smile
So, im not alone?
Baron
Baron

Quote Nagyfejedelem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 11:49
In Hungary some historians believe in the Sumerian or Etruscan connection of the Magyars. Perhaps they are not very familiar with Hungarian history, or not satisfied with the Hunnic heritage.LOL
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 02:38

In Hungary some historians believe in the Sumerian or Etruscan connection of the Magyars. Perhaps they are not very familiar with Hungarian history, or not satisfied with the Hunnic heritage.LOL
I think they are rather self-made than "real" historians.
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 04:32
Hah, here "turi bika" would mean something like "place the bull" and "bik" here also means "bull" like in Hungarian. Hey, there are so many language similarities in this world! I bet I can find common Bulgarian-Chinese words!

Hmm... I guess it's infectious - there are some "persons" here with Summerian "theories" too. They even want to claim Summerian-Roman-Bulgarian descendancy, because "actually the title "Caesar" doesn't come from Gaius Julius, but from the Summerian kingship title "Sar", and the Bulgarian "Tsar" is descendant of it through the Latin "Caesar"! Funny, huh? And I even saw one book called "Bible of the Bulgarians and humanity", in which the author claimed that we exist since around 35 000 years and have created the Summerian, Chinese, Egyptian, Indian, Greek, Roman etc. civilizations, as well as that Moses, Jesus and all other prophets were Bulgarians! Too bad I haven't found and bought it - this would be the best book with jokes ever published! Of course, I don't need to mention that the author is mentally... "not-well...
Baron
Baron

Quote Nagyfejedelem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 10:16
So, it's not only a Hungarian feature.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2006 at 12:25

Since we have all Turkic ancestors those theory's are common in those area's heh

Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Socrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2006 at 03:50

Originally posted by NikeBG

Hah, here "turi bika" would mean something like "place the bull" and "bik" here also means "bull" like in Hungarian.

It has the exact same meaning in serbian.I couldn't stop laughing...

Btw, people, Etruscans called themselves Rasci/Rasenna-the romans called them etruscans-so the entire theory is ...

Concerning the name Arthur-it's probably of sarmatian origin-it survives in baltic Arturas.Sarmatians had a legend similar to the ''sword in stone''-one of the theories suggests a sarmatian origin of the whole tale...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 09:37
 i wanna say that avars are turk because they came from central asia. central asia is turks motherland (also turks othername was huns).  famines, illnesses, natural disasters, wars... cause turks to migrate from their motherlands. they migrate all of the world where they can migrate... any way they were nomadic. at the end of the first age they migrate again. most of them  went to the west. some of them went from nort, some of them went from south. byzantium said this nomadic people turk. turk mean in byzantium that barbarian. but there was a false here . because when turks migrating they obligate to real barbarian tribes(forexample franks and germans were barbarian tribes). turks found some empires every migration. one of it is avars. also they siege constantinapolis(istanbul). but they couldnt get. avars where living todays hungury. i think that avars mixed with that days hungurian people. there is one more thing. i thing you cant comment on appeariance of people. because when turks migrating they mixed every where they went(i know my english is terrible). if you really want to know turks appeariance (whose came from  central asia) most of them hair is browned or skinned like that..........
Herschel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Herschel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2006 at 14:27
I thought that the proto-turkic homeland was in East Asia around present day Mongolia...or is that considered Central Asia?
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 08:13
Originally posted by Socrates

Concerning the name Arthur-it's probably of sarmatian origin-it survives in baltic Arturas.Sarmatians had a legend similar to the ''sword in stone''-one of the theories suggests a sarmatian origin of the whole tale...

that "sword in stone" legend do we have too :s

IIRC it whas a magic sword taht whas stuck into a stone that nobody couldnt pull him out. That sword whas of an mighty ruler who once "ruled the world" and close to his death he sticked that "magic sword" in a stone and said "who pulls this sword out of that stone is able to rule the world".
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 03:07
Denis Sinor has an interesting opninion. According to him there is no such thing that Turk way of life only steppe way of life. He stated there were Turks who lived in forests in a different lifestyle.

He said it is possible that proto-Hungarians also had this diversity and the horse nomad way of life is not a Turk influence.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 15:19
this is not a theory, this is a fact....
HistoryGuy View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 15:36

Wait a minute........... So the Scythians were a mix of Turkic and Indo-European peoples?? So many people in Eastern Europe are descended from these noble steppe warriors?Confused

هیچ مردی تا به حال به شما درباره خدا گفته.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 16:17
Scythians were just Indo-Iranians, not Turkic. Magyars were Finno-Ugrians with Turkic input.
Maat-Seshat View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Maat-Seshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2017 at 15:00
I remebered when I have been starting in 2007 having some insight into Hungarian language, it was a real challenge. Mostly all European languages have Roman roots and so they are not so different to learn and to understand.
But when it comes to Hungarian, it has not the known roots. Hungarians themselves told me that the language has Finnish and Turkish roots (that is why it is a bit odd for Europeans to learn).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>