Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTomb of the last Macedonian King Perseus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tomb of the last Macedonian King Perseus
    Posted: 19-Jul-2005 at 00:50

the slavs who live northern of Albania,

Theres only one in Northern Albania and thats a Serbian one. it lies in the District of Shkoder...

Morgoth View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 23:57

To suggest that the inhabitants of FYROM are not Slavs is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard. Even a cursory look at their language will reveal a clear link with Bulgarian, meaning it is certainly a Slavic language.

As to the Ancient Macedonians, they were Greek. They spoke Greek, wrote in Greek, believed in Greek gods and took part in the Ancient Olympics. Ethnically and culturally they were Greeks, although certainly some of the strangest Greeks (eg. the structure of their state was quite distinct from the traditional Greek polis).

The modern Slavs living today in FYROM have neither cultural, ethnic nor linguistic link to the Ancient Macedonians.

Edited by Morgoth
Harry Potter View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 23:19
Originally posted by Iskender Bey ALBO

Macedonia, Albania and Bulgaria.

1) Were not Slavs

ofcaurse they r not!

Originally posted by Iskender Bey ALBO

2) What Slavs are you discussing? The 3000 in Korce?

the slavs who live northern of Albania, Macedonia and Bulgaria, mate

Macedonian swear in 1903 wars: With the blood we shed all over Macedonian fields and forests, we serve freedom, as the Macedonian army of Alexander of Macedon did, with our slogan Freedom or Death!
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 23:15

Macedonia, Albania and Bulgaria.

1) Were not Slavs

2) What Slavs are you discussing? The 3000 in Korce?

Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 23:13

here u have a "propaganda" page, but its half spanish

http://www.makedonika.org/processpaid.aspcontentid=ti.2001.p df

Macedonian swear in 1903 wars: With the blood we shed all over Macedonian fields and forests, we serve freedom, as the Macedonian army of Alexander of Macedon did, with our slogan Freedom or Death!
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 21:32

Originally posted by Yiannis

Fyrom the official name according to the United Nations and all international organizations, so it's not an insult but an accurate description.

that name was given to us by UN, not by ourselfs. If they like it so much they can keep it for themselfs! FYROUN!!!

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2005 at 03:47

Originally posted by Harry Potter

No insults like that fyrom thing or slavs. Slavs u can call the russians, serbs or everythig upper than Macedonia, Albania and Bulgaria.

Two things:

1. Fyrom the official name according to the United Nations and all international organizations, so it's not an insult but an accurate description.

2. You're not Slavs?!!!

The President of The FYROM, Kiro Gligorov said: We are Slavs who came to this area in the sixth century ... we are not descendants of the ancient Macedonians" (Foreign Information Service Daily Report, Eastern Europe, February 26, 1992, p. 35).

or

On 24 February 1999, in an interview with the Ottawa Citizen, Gyordan Veselinov, FYROM'S Ambassador to Canada, admitted, "We are not related to the northern Greeks who produced leaders like Philip and Alexander the Great. We are a Slav people and our language is closely related to Bulgarian." He also commented, There is some confusion about the identity of the people of my country".

Well, apparently, there's some confusion involved here, you people have to decide...

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 21:24

Originally posted by Phallanx

Harry Potter

Being one of the most fascistic members if not the most (so some say) I honestly would like to hear your objective arguments. No propaganda sites no BS what so ever, an honest and objective discussion based on arguments (I do mean real arguments), We will base our arguments on texts, archeologic finds....etc. no propaganda. (no propaganda means no makedonija or similar sites)

no propaganda means no greek sites too, right? No insults like that fyrom thing or slavs. Slavs u can call the russians, serbs or everythig upper than Macedonia, Albania and Bulgaria.

Please  let's do it, but under one condision,
you admit you are wrong.

can I use ma magic? cuz Potter without magic is always wrong

And one request, change the avantar, it is both insulting and provoking, use your nations flag not that ilegal adoption.
That is of course if you feel you need to be treated with respect, if not please do continue to use it.

look very carefuly at my avatar. can u see the Inter logo in the midlde? it can only provoke u if u r a juve fan

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 21:11
Harry Potter

Being one of the most fascistic members if not the most (so some say) I honestly would like to hear your objective arguments. No propaganda sites no BS what so ever, an honest and objective discussion based on arguments (I do mean real arguments), We will base our arguments on texts, archeologic finds....etc. no propaganda. (no propaganda means no makedonija or similar sites)

Please  let's do it, but under one condision,
you admit you are wrong.

And one request, change the avantar, it is both insulting and provoking, use your nations flag not that ilegal adoption.
That is of course if you feel you need to be treated with respect, if not please do continue to use it.

Edited by Phallanx
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 20:59

Originally posted by Aeolus

Look who's back. Even if you change ur profile ur posts didnt get any better.

why averyone r asaking me this? Ohhhh nooo, u think Im some banned member, right? For God sake chack my IP and ull see Im realy new here. Ask the admins

Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2005 at 10:16
Originally posted by Harry Potter

Originally posted by Orestis

Do you know how to speak Greek, do you know what Macedonia stands for?

I somehow think you do not. But I will endeavour to educate your ilk wherever I can.

http://www.timelessmyths.com/classical/data/sparta.gif <---- Please refer to the following link for the genelogical sequence of the house of Sparta, amazingly enough you shall see PERSEUS who is the offspring of Zeus and Danae.

u r a great educator Orestis, please continue to educate us with this propaganda sites

Look who's back. Even if you change ur profile ur posts didnt get any better.

A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2005 at 23:16
Originally posted by Orestis

I somehow think you do not. But I will endeavour to educate your ilk wherever I can.

http://www.timelessmyths.com/classical/data/sparta.gif <---- Please refer to the following link for the genelogical sequence of the house of Sparta, amazingly enough you shall see PERSEUS who is the offspring of Zeus and Danae.

u r a great educator Orestis, please continue to educate us with this propaganda sites

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2005 at 02:25

Phallanx you are essentially correct. Greeks at that time however adopted names at large of their ancestors, this tradition carried through the Byzantine and the current era. Some more info on Perseus origin.

In this link you will find all the ancestory of Macedonian Argives . If you go back futher enough, you will find Karanos who is the Prince of Argos that came to Macedonia to establish his own kingdom in ~800 BC. The royal house Karanos descended from is from the House of Perseus. The extention to this royal house were the Heraclids, whom the Argives essentially descended from, the last Kings of the House of Peseus descended from the Temenids that established a secondary Kingdom in Macedonia.

http://www.american-pictures.com/genealogy/persons/per01242. htm#0

This is the genealogical sequence where Karanos descended from, the Temenids, the Temenids are better known as the Heraclids or the House of Perseus in Argos and Sparta.

http://www.timelessmyths.com/classical/data/argos3e.gif

What does this mean ? It means that Perseus etymologically came from Sparta (the same holds true for the Macedonian Argive Dynasty) Perseus direct descendant came from Macedonia, Argos, Athens, Pharsalos and Epiros, not Paeonia and Daradania!

philiptheuniter View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 21:20

I have to agree with Orestis' post.

Edited by philiptheuniter
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 14:02

I don't think that this is the same Perseus.
The one the topic is about was the son of Philip V dated around 170BC. While you are talking about a time before Agamemnon and even before Odysseus. Which takes us before 1200BC.

I think you got wrong the meaning of what he wrote. He says the name Perseus is found in the Early House of Sparta not the person.

A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.
dorian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 13:30
Macedonia for the Macedonians...Who always claimed to be Greeks from the ancient times. Who fought for Greece. Another funny post from the Slavs. But I have an idea. Why the Skopjans don't try to persuade first of all their neighbors of the same race (Serbs) for this? However they are too clever. They emerged some years ago and they took advantage of the statements of few recent historians who disputed the Greekness of Macedonians only to gain some fame. But unfortunately the 1.500.000 Slavs of this country don't have evidence for that. And they have no supporters. Their fairy tale will end so nastily and so soon..

Edited by dorian
"We are Macedonians but we are Slav Macedonians.That's who we are!We have no connection to Alexander the Greek and his Macedonia�Our ancestors came here in the 5th and 6th century" Kiro Gligorov FYROM
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 13:11

I don't think that this is the same Perseus.
The one the topic is about was the son of Philip V dated around 170BC. While you are talking about a time before Agamemnon and even before Odysseus. Which takes us before 1200BC.
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 10:50

Originally posted by Gubook Janggoon

Iskender Bey ALBO and Strategos, that was uncalled for.  Let's play nice.

Hello all, I am a long time reader and first time poster.

I initially agree with Gubook, however Gubook, please see the whole message in its entirety as the person that started the thread has a very provocatve signature to begin with, that sets the tone. This is not case of a thin skin but a case of blatant provocation. This is not an excuse but Greeks should be able to defend their rights with vigor.

Anyway, for our confused friend, Perseus is an Achaen-Lacedaemonian name found in the Early House of Sparta. In other words, King Perseus was Greek.

Edited by Orestis
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 22:07
Iskender Bey ALBO and Strategos, that was uncalled for.  Let's play nice.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 22:05

Ha Ha ha

I forgot, when is your barren country going to take Northern Greece from us?

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>