Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

List of common words in Turkish and Greek

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List of common words in Turkish and Greek
    Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 05:43

Good to see you again, btw

Yeesu.

Hellinas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Hellinas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 07:19

First of all, your comment "not-so-smart nationalists" is the least I can say offensive. The site you provided, is clearly a propaganda site that attempts to show Turlish influence on the Hellinic language by providing as I said mistranslations of words and even non-existing words. By providing this site, you're obviously expecting comments on what we read, what else could be the reason of putting it in a discussion? Yet when you get the answers/comments you have the nerve to call us "not-so-smart". Well, on behalf of all the idiots that answered to your post I beg for your forgiveness, oh great one. Please shine your knowledge upon us illeterate morons and show us the way to vitue.

In a final attempt to make it clear, I mention that this site just lists the words in use in both Turkish and Greek languages. There is no ownership claim to words. No mention of the linguistic roots of the words. When you read them you should see that they are from all over the world, anyway, unless you are a retarded nationalist...

Hellinas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Hellinas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 07:30

>>unless you are a retarded nationalist... <<

I love the way you continue to insult. Behind a screen it is very easy I know, if you don't enjoy/like my posts ignore me but you have NO right, moderator or whatever you may be, to insult anyone.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 08:23
Originally posted by Hellinas

illeterate

Is that a pun?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 08:46

Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

You are not a teacher, you are not an authority but you are nothing more than ordinary forumer here.

I never said I am anything else. Nor do I want to become anything else. But being a forumer gives me the right to critisize whatever I like, as long as I don't openly insult anyone. That's the whole point in a discussion forum. Funny you haven't noticed that until now.

you did insult us

better not  say what you dont do Einstein.

Edited by azimuth
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 15:12

First of all, your comment "not-so-smart nationalists" is the least I can say offensive.

You should have thought about that before calling people morons.

The site you provided, is clearly a propaganda site that attempts to show Turlish influence on the Hellinic language by providing as I said mistranslations of words and even non-existing words.

You are clearly unable to understand what I've written for 4 times or so up to now, so I won't repeat it.

you did insult us better not  say what you dont do Einstein.

'Not-so-smart nationalist' was a justified observation, not an open insult. If you think it applies to you, and it hurts your feelings sorry about that. 

'Retarded nationalist', on the other hand, is an (again justified) open insult, but applies only to those who think that the words on that site are from one language only, and not from all over the world. If you believe in that and will reply to me trying to prove the Greek or Turkish or Arabic or Farsi roots of the word Ananas, you are indeed a retarded bone head nationalist. 

Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 16:18

Every comment thats not "pro-turkish", the commenter is dubed a "nationalist" who is trying to "spread pan-hellenism" or some b/s like that. For all the Turkish members, if I do not believe Turkey is a great, westernized country like some of you believe, and that I disagree with historic views with you, does not mean im a nationalist. I think it quite alright to point out positive AND negatives if needed of a country or a people, and I will continue to do so.

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 02:54
Good! Now that everyone had said his piece, I expect you all to stop posting in that direction again. Ok?
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 03:37

Originally posted by Yiannis

Good! Now that everyone had said his piece, I expect you all to stop posting in that direction again. Ok?

SIR, YES  SIR

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2004 at 01:59

What do you think about Turkish Rak,Greek Raki and Greek Uzo?

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2004 at 07:00

I really think it's absolutely normal that the greek language has many vocabulary deriving from turkish origin. First, they're neighbours. Second, Greece was under direct Ottoman rule for 400 to 500 years, so it is only natural that nowadays greeks have a lot of oriental traits and that their language has a lot of turkish words. It's part of their heritage.

We, in portuguese, have a lot of arab words from the time the Moors were in the peninsula. And spanish and french words as well. This only enriches a language, I think.

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
exodussian View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote exodussian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2005 at 20:58

i do not agree with the idea to classify nations as how much westernized country.
i thing , people especially who are from this forum. History admirers.
Should care about history of nations, what has a nation done for humanity.
how enriched the culture. or how they effected from others.
according to me, nation owner of  the language which has words from other language most ,  is the nation which likes communicate with people most.
Not to think bad about foreigners. which is not narrowminded and selfish.

and
common words in turkish and greek languages  tells us

that our ancestors used to drink soup each other. or made tricks (dalavere) together. eat fish in the same table. They lived in same village.

this world is larger than a small village. think before hate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123