Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reinhard Gehlen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reinhard Gehlen
    Posted: 11-Jun-2005 at 09:47

The general information I know about that man:

He was a Nazi general in Eastern Front and fought against Soviets.After the occupation of Berlin by allies,he was caught.

Then the Americans said that:"You will be the commander of all of our spyware,investigationa and suicide services in Europe."

Then the "Gladio" founded.The doctrines of Gehlenwas used by,the European Gladios and other anti-communist services like MIT(Turkish National Intelligence Agency),Savak(IranianIntelligence) and Mossad.

Do you know other details about Gehlen and Gladio?

Edited by Jagatai Khan
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 15:40

no any information?

oh come on,I'm very curious about this subject....

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 16:08
All I know is he has my last name .
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 16:10
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

no any information?

oh come on,I'm very curious about this subject....

Sorry, don't know much about him. Gehlen and his organisation is a another dark and unpleasant chapter in Germany's post-war history.
Noy only was Gehlen a high ranking officer in the Wehrmacht, not only did his Anti-Communist spy and sabotage networks employ a large number of former Nazis, but the Organisiton Gehlen helped also numerous wanted war-criminals to escape from Europe mainly to South-America.
The Western Allies during the first decade of the Cold War seemingly believed, that the fact that many of the Germans they had employed, had committed war crimes, was only a minor irritance and forgivable.
Somehow, his story proves that the Nazis who at the end of the war believed that Nazi Germany would reach a separate peace deal with the Western Allies and then go united against the Soviet Union, weren't actually that far off the mark.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply