Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe worst genocide in modern history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Poll Question: which one is the worst genocide of modern history
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
160 [21.92%]
150 [20.55%]
106 [14.52%]
16 [2.19%]
191 [26.16%]
107 [14.66%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The worst genocide in modern history
    Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 15:29
Glenn? isnt this armenian name?
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 16:35
     Nope. The people I've heard named Glen are mostly Americans and British. I've read that the name is originally Celtic...
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 01:45
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Glenn, you're completely missing my point, because you're just posting more of the same things. Anyways, I forgot the topic was blacklisted, so if you want to continue this just do it via PM.

I just answered your questions. No worry i'll not continue. You are talking about countries but you can't see their aims only for political benefits. You talked about France, if you know Armenian population in France you can understand what i mean. As i said before, why France government said -This is historical topics and parliaments can not make judgement about historical topics.  about Algeria (?) This is simple historical topic for them because this is their crimes. They don't wanna talk about it anymore. But same parliament can make judgement about Armenians. Is it not contradiction, not political?

Lets think same for Russia. Duma parliament recognized Armenian genocide(!) But they are very quiet about Circassian Genocide. Already Russian Parliament Duma didn't recognized Circassian Genocide. Read, whats writing Paul Goble about it ''...In April 1995, for example, the Duma recognized the killing of Armenians in Turkey in 1915 as a genocide because the Russian parliamentarians said the facts warranted such a designation.

Consequently, the appeal continues, the Russian Duma "would be demonstrating before the entire world its good will and ability to be consistent in the realization of the widely proclaimed in Russia principles of freedom and democracy, humanism and justice, and in the rejection of xenophobia and national, racial, and religious intolerance" if it acknowledged the tsarist genocide against the Circassians...''

Is it clear sufficiently? If it's not just tell please...

Notes:

Circassians Demand Russian Apology For 19Th Century Genocide
Paul Goble, Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty Caucasus Report

Circassian Congress demands recognition of Genocide of Adygeyan People
Chairman of ARSM Circassian Congress Murat Berzegov  28.05.2005, Republic of Adygeya, Maykop

Edited by Glenn - 08-Jul-2006 at 04:50
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 18:56

That is what we call HIPOCRATS, The reason for Recognition of Armenian genocide committed by Turks is in that case Russia totally covers itself when question of Circassian Genocide comes up.

Just think about it.

Lets go back in time, when Ottoman Empire was fighting Russia over Caucasus, and basically Russia one the war and signed the peace treaty with Turks in which Caucasus belonged to Russia, with native population of Circassians, which was Exiled to Turkey.

Now by recognizing the Armenian genocide Russian Duma makes a point when Turkey is a BAD country, and defeating Turkey was success, when Russia TOOK OVER Caucasus which was under danger of being conquered by Ottomans.

Do you see the big CHESS game that Russia is playing?

Dear Armenian forum members, and supporters of Armenian genocide, please dont think the Russia recognized Armenian Genocide because it really happened the way its lobbied all over the world.

Russia recognized Armenian genocide because it would clean their bloody hands from committing the Genocide of Circassians few years earlier. And would make it look like they did Circassians a huge favor by defeating Turkey.

In this controversy Circassians and Armenians play a role of ponds in political games between Russia and Turkey.

It is hypocritical and undemocratically for Russia not to recognize Circassian Genocide of 19 century that they committed, and to say that Turkey committed Armenian Genocide in 1915.

There are facts, documents, reports by historians of those time about terrible killings of Circassians, which are covered by Russian secret service and destroyed by communist party to create solid state of Soviets with no enemies within borders.  

Edited by Circassian - 08-Jul-2006 at 18:58
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 20:06
go deny somewhere else...everyone here is already knowledgable of the genocide here.

Originally posted by Mixcoatl

May I remind everyone here of the following:
Blacklisted topics:
1.   Cyprus ( with regards to the Greek/Turkish conflict)
2.   Armenian genocide
3.   Kurdish/Turkish relationships
4.   FYR Macedonia [

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10675&FID=45&PR=3

Edited by mamikon - 08-Jul-2006 at 20:07
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 13:54
For the third time:

From a lecture by Afif Safieh, the Palestinian General Delegate to the UK, delivered at the Royal Institute for International Affairs, in London :

I never indulge in comparative martyrology. If I were a Jew or a Gypsy, Nazi barbarity would be the most horrible event in history. If I were a Native American it would be the arrival of European settlers that resulted in almost total extermination. If I were a black African, it would be slavery in previous centuries and apartheid during last century. If I were an Armenian, it would the Ottoman/Turkish massacres. If I were a Palestinian - and I happen to be one - it would be the Nakba. Humanity should condemn all the above. I do not know of a way to measure suffering or how to quantity pain but what I do know is that we are not children of a lesser god. (The Independent 9/8/05)

And on that note, we close this topic and will do the same with any future one.
The lack of intelligence and the absence of dignity that disable some contributors and voters to recognise that their own specific people might not have been those that suffered most, is quite staggering.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678