Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most beautiful monasteries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most beautiful monasteries
    Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 11:57
Wrong again. They are not supported just by pillars

Actually, even the interior borrowed alot, from the Hagia Sophia.... A originally orthodox architecture.
As you can see only a small part actually has pillars supporting i. If you meant archs then that would be more correct. yes many do use archs. Similar to how mosques do. BTW, mosques in certain areas of the east got their influence for Roman and western architecture inwhich later eastern influence was applied...

Again;

Face it Baracuda, Ottoman mosques are a copy of Orthodox architecture. Deny it all you want...

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 12:22

Suleyman Mosque

a copy is a little exaggeration but They learned from orthodox as always the did.

By the way, Yianis so you think, Ottomans and Turks are different things?

Edited by Murtaza
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 12:27
Not another greeks-turks war, the topic is about beautiful monasteries. Please!!
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 12:35
Lol, Im not Greek. The inside of that mosque has eastern influence but look at the archs, they themselves are western Roman in influence. Similar to how Orthodox churchues have them. All your showing me is just more similarity and cultural borrowing....

Anyway yes this is about Orthodox Monasteries

Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 13:01
Originally posted by Iskender Bey ALBO

Lol, Im not Greek. The inside of that mosque has eastern influence but look at the archs, they themselves are western Roman in influence. Similar to how Orthodox churchues have them. All your showing me is just more similarity and cultural borrowing....

Anyway yes this is about Orthodox Monasteries

In Bukovina (in Romania) the style (not for all monasteries) is a mix btw gothic an byzantine. You are right about influences of western and eastern but to think that exist (at least in Romania) any kind of ottoman influence is wrong and somehow strange for me, I don't understand how some influence came.
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2005 at 19:56

The Decani monestary. One of the most beautiful in Kosovo.
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 16:09

Originally posted by baracuda

"tsar" - Preobrajenski manastir - and the first - Random.. one.. is of turkish architechtural style.. so interesting for it to be a monestery..

The first one /Rilski manastir - 930/ and the Probrajenski manastir are built many years before even the idea for Ottoman's country to be born!!

Everybody listen only this which understands.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12