Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Minorities and Human Rights : GREECE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minorities and Human Rights : GREECE
    Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 19:49

Tiran and sarejova? If I dont remember wrong, They was built by Turks.

Tirana was certainly NOT built by a Turk. Suleyman Pasha was an Albanian Pasha who came from a village called Mullet in Albania near present day Tirana. The only difference was that he a muslim name. He, however, was purely Albanian....

A Byzantine historian even mentioned the area as   Tirkan where there was castle there originally. The area Tirana also appeared in Venetian records around 1418 in the same way we say it today.

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 02:43

Iskender Bey ALBO

I think  He was an Ottoman Pasha.And I think Iskender means Ottomans. And If you realy call Ottoman Albanian Pashas as Albanians, You will realy  began to think how much you claim at Ottoman Empire. If I know almost half of the Vezirs of Ottoman is Albanian.

The year 1614 is considered the date that Tirana was founded, when Sulejman Pasha Bargjini built a mosque, a hamam (Turkish bath), a bakery, and several shops.  

If you want to claim Albanian pashas and vezirs , Well you have some right.

So do you know you conqured Egypt too?

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 03:34
How exciting the path of the meandering thoughts of the human mind can be, we started of this topic by discussing minorities and human rights in Greece, and now reached the point where we're debating who built the first bakery in Tirana.
Where will it all end?

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 04:02

Originally posted by Komnenos

How exciting the path of the meandering thoughts of the human mind can be, we started of this topic by discussing minorities and human rights in Greece, and now reached the point where we're debating who built the first bakery in Tirana.
Where will it all end?

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 07:00
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

No, it isnt same with Mecca. Maybe the Greek patriarch is the same with Mecca for Orthodox.

Aya Sofia is like Masjid-i Aksa in Jarusalem...

And it isnt the center of Orthodox Christianity. Fener Rum Patriarch is. It was a mosque until it was converted to a museum by the Turkish Republic. You should be thankful for it, but you still continue on complaining. What would be your reaction if it was still a mosque?

Nope.Whether you like it or not,Constantinople and Agia Sofia was the center of the Eastern Orthodox Christianity and it will continue to be as long as Christians Orthodoxs continue to exist.I should be thankfull for what?It is not a working as a church although it was build for this purpose while the universality of the Patriarch of Constantinople is not even recognized by the Tukish state.For this i should be gratefull?You can keep it.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 08:04
Spartakus

Recognized by the Tukish state?
That is the least we should demand, did you forgot about the orphanage on the island of Prinkipos confiscated by the Turkish goverment for no obvious reason and the rest of the 400 prime real estate lands also confiscated?

All sources mention that the value of these lands was worth BILLIONS of $ Now, last August to be exact they passed a new law that gives them 'new lands'. The proposed lands aren't even 1/40th of the value of the original lands.

If we take a look at the Hellinic minority of Turkey, we find that they are also persecuted, for what reason? but of course for their lands.
Their lands have an estimated value of approx. 10 BILLION $ which are also under the process of expropriation.
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 08:16
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 08:23
talk about diverting the topic
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 11:25
Originally posted by Phallanx

Spartakus

Recognized by the Tukish state?
That is the least we should demand, did you forgot about the orphanage on the island of Prinkipos confiscated by the Turkish goverment for no obvious reason and the rest of the 400 prime real estate lands also confiscated?

All sources mention that the value of these lands was worth BILLIONS of $ Now, last August to be exact they passed a new law that gives them 'new lands'. The proposed lands aren't even 1/40th of the value of the original lands.

If we take a look at the Hellinic minority of Turkey, we find that they are also persecuted, for what reason? but of course for their lands.
Their lands have an estimated value of approx. 10 BILLION $ which are also under the process of expropriation.
I have not forgot it,but i do not want to continue more on this subject  right now. 
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 13:08

He was an ottoman Pasha of Albanian origins ruling his own land.... So sorry, he was Albanian. its when they start leaving then I lose interest(such as Mehmet Ali). Not to mention it's very does not have anything to do with anything Turkish. The city was founded by an Ottoman Pasha who was born in Albania and was of Albanian origins.....  

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 13:27

Iskender a interesting way of thinking. Let change it a little

The city was founded by an Ottoman Pasha who was born in Albania, who rised at ottoman culture(turk?) and was of Albanian origins.....

We can say this both Iskender Bey and Mehmet Ali. Hmm? what do you think?

Blood or culture?

Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 13:39

We can say this both Iskender Bey and Mehmet Ali. Hmm? what do you think?

Iskender was the name YOU gave him after you forced him to become a janissary. His real name was Gjergj Kastrioti. Samething with this guy.

The city was founded by an Ottoman Pasha who was born in Albania, who rised at ottoman culture(turk?) and was of Albanian origins.....

Can you prove he has a Turkish identity? Or do all moder day muslim descend from Turks. In order for him to take power, he thad to take one of those name and well become muslim..... He ruled his people, he was born in the land. And there really is no way for you to prove he was he had a Turkish idenity and was not just muslim....

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 13:59

Iskender Bey

I think  he is a devsirme am I wrong?

Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 16:12

Whatever....

Anyway, i will no longer be responding the posts about Tirane or other things involving Albanian history as this is a topic about human rights in Greece.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234