Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have deciphered Linear Elamite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have deciphered Linear Elamite
    Posted: 06-Sep-2019 at 13:45
My work will be published soon in Iran, the language is certainly not Elamite, I think those who are expert in linguistics can read about 60 inscriptions which have been found so far soon too, I myself have read bilingual inscription of Puzur-Inshushinak word by word. It proves Indo-Europeans lived in Iran from at least 5,000 years ago. 
Atlantean35 View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Atlantean35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2019 at 01:49
This isn't some surprise, at least not to me. The primary J-type language was Indo-European in some way, shape, or form, making it so that components of this language can be found stretching from the Aegean to early Mesopotamia. It is the J+E language that is Semetic, or Afroasiatic, which probably originates somewhere in Sudan to east Africa.
(I'm referring to the J haplogroup and the E haplogroup above.)

Any confusion over the Indo-European languages arises from not realizing that the R1 haplogroup is part of the J haplogroup. R1 has been treated like the exclusive source of the Indo-European languages, but that actually has to be false. The J are the actual source of Indo-European languages, and the R1 are just a part of J.

Edited by Atlantean35 - 07-Sep-2019 at 01:50
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2019 at 00:30
there is not such a thing!We all started to  speak syllabic)using voices as a words).Moving out of Africa we carried our language as it was in the beginning and upgrading it using same syllables and their original meaning afterwards!Harry Potter new episode you are doing Cyrus!Regards!LOL
Na"De"Na"J=From Worshiping =Praising God-Compensation=Refund=Tax-Bank=Money=Cash=Coin originated-positioned-suited... Population=People-Mortality=Lethality-Action=Activity=Business=Trade=Culture(Ja)
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2019 at 23:24
Hmmm......syllabic is not language, it is a type of script.   At the time when humankind was moving out of Africa, script did not exist as yet.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2019 at 00:12
Give me abrake Dharrukin!They used hand made signs and draws long time before alphabet as we know today have appeared!Our languages are proof for that!
Na"De"Na"J=From Worshiping =Praising God-Compensation=Refund=Tax-Bank=Money=Cash=Coin originated-positioned-suited... Population=People-Mortality=Lethality-Action=Activity=Business=Trade=Culture(Ja)
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2019 at 23:55
However aids to languages was done, let's not confuse the issue by labelling something "syllabic" when this term is used in a specific sense.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2019 at 11:30
I met dr. Francois Desset at Tehran university and we talked about these inscriptions for some hours, I think he still thinks these are in Elamite language, not Gutian! Of course he never rejected my theory, I really don't know why they believe these are in Elamite, whereas Desset himself says no one has found any Elamite word in these inscriptions yet, we know Puzur-Inshushinak was not originally an Elamite king, Elamite cuneiform existed before him, and Gutians were at the hight of power in this period.
Puzur-Inshushinak in most of his Gutian inscriptions calls himself "Sigik airth Xatamtir" (conqueror of the land Elam). 
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2019 at 02:31
Yeah, Cyrus, the reason why most scholars consider the script probably in Elamite is because it was used at the same time as cuneiform Elamite.  And the reason why that scholar didn't reject your theory is that Linear Elamite remains undeciphered, therefore anything goes.  As to the origins of Puzur-Inshushinak (Kutir-Inshushinak), we know that he was the last of his dynasty, the Dynasty of Awan, and governor of Susa.   He conquered into Babylonia but was defeated by Ur-nammu, king of Ur.   We don't know his origins other than that he was the last of his dynasty, and Awan is considered an Elamite country.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2019 at 11:29
Originally posted by Sharrukin

Yeah, Cyrus, the reason why most scholars consider the script probably in Elamite is because it was used at the same time as cuneiform Elamite.  And the reason why that scholar didn't reject your theory is that Linear Elamite remains undeciphered, therefore anything goes.  As to the origins of Puzur-Inshushinak (Kutir-Inshushinak), we know that he was the last of his dynasty, the Dynasty of Awan, and governor of Susa.   He conquered into Babylonia but was defeated by Ur-nammu, king of Ur.   We don't know his origins other than that he was the last of his dynasty, and Awan is considered an Elamite country.

I don’t know who invented "Kutik-Inshushinak", it doesn't exist in any ancient text, Desset says the word Kutik is the Elamite equivalent of Akkadian Puzur, but he himself says it is possible to read this name as Kutik-Inshushinak in Linear Elamite (Gutian).
I asked about the origin of Inshushinak, he said it relates to the name of Susa city, and I asked about the origin of Susa and he said it relates to Inshushinak!! He knew nothing about Indo-European *h₂énsus. 
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2019 at 14:17
The process of peer review took really a long time but my work was finally published in Iran. 
 Post Reply Post Reply