Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Atlantis Uncovered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atlantis Uncovered
    Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 01:19

While searching for the secrets of the Bermuda Tri-angle, Chris Shearer stumbled upon a picture of what he believes is the concentric rings and canal system where Atlantis once flourished. Finding even more pictures on the subject he then concluded that with earlier pictures of the area showed much more sedimentary sand deposits. The hurricanes and tropical storms that happened last year and some of the previous years removed some of the sedimentary sand that was on top of the parts of Atlantis which are now visible. Back in the thirties Edgar Cayce who was a world renowned psychic was quoted as saying that parts of Atlantis would rise in 68 or 69, and indeed they did. The Bimini roads were then discovered along with under water temples which are also visible.

The Bahama Islands have been over looked as being Atlantis for many years, until now. Not only was Edgar Cayce right about his readings on Atlantis he is also right about the whereabouts. Chris has done extensive research on the subject and conclude that what he has discovered is in fact the lost city and continent of Atlantis. Of course there will be controversy in the matter but his web-site will show the people that indeed, Atlantis once thrived on an island sized continent. Not only has he discovered Atlantis, but he also has the answers to many of our age old questions, especially what happened! By looking constantly at satellite images of earth, and the continents he has concluded that the disappearance of Atlantis was brought on by the end of the last ice age and the last time the earths continents drifted away from one another. The Tsunami that was created from the Atlantic fault giving away was immensely large enough to submerse a continent, and most of the world. The great flood is even depicted in the Bible.

Check out Chris' web-site for yourself and you be the judge. Chris' web-site is online now and you can view it at www.atlantisuncovered.com.

Chris Shearer of Peterborough Ontario with the help of Nasa and their image gallery has indeed solved the mystery.

Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 01:22
This is like the third time in 5 years someone has claimed to have found Atlantis, all in different places
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 02:13
I put another thread about someone claiming he found it off the island of Cyprus.
Here is the web site so read it first before you post any comments-even a glance.

I heard this guy on coast to coast am with George Noorey.

www.coasttocoastam.com

fact or fiction??????
Here is that web site:

http://www.discoveryofatlantis.com/http://www.discoveryofatlantis.com/

Edited by eaglecap
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 05:12

A fascinating concept but I don't think what is shown here can be called conclusive. Virtually everything I saw on the site is unsubstantiated evidence. Those so called "satellite photos" offer some nice very rough and vague outlines of objects, but if they wanted to be convincing they could get us closeups and something we can look at and actually say "omg what a discovery". As for those supposed "glyphs" they speak of, well show them to us so we can see the resemblance to other ancient glyphs. Really this website is too shady and so poor in evidence it fails to convince.

I saw a documentary on TV about the volcanic eruptions on the Greek island of Thera approx. 1200 BC and they think that perhaps the real Atlantic civilization was centred on Crete and its subject islands before the volcanic eruption there brought catastrophe. This sounds alot more realistic, though again it's not conclusive.

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 05:24
Originally posted by Constantine XI

I saw a documentary on TV about the volcanic eruptions on the Greek island of Thera approx. 1200 BC and they think that perhaps the real Atlantic civilization was centred on Crete and its subject islands before the volcanic eruption there brought catastrophe. This sounds alot more realistic, though again it's not conclusive.

Agree, the most plausible explanation so far. A myth, based on a kernel of truth, the rest is just an allegory.
What I want to know, as Atlantis gets uncovered every three month, who covers it up every time after?
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 12:32
Good question Komnenos. Also, theories that Atlantis was on Santorini itself.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2005 at 15:55
Originally posted by Komnenos

Agree, the most plausible explanation so far. A myth, based on a kernel of truth, the rest is just an allegory.
What I want to know, as Atlantis gets uncovered every three month, who covers it up every time after?

Allegory is probably the answer. Plato's whole career was based upon creating fictional utopias to show people how to live and make political points.

One good theory is Plato's Atlantis is infact Athens. He was using Atlantis as an allegory for Athens before and after Socrates death.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 01:54

What with this nonsense again, there is no Atlantis, full stop.

Serge L View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Serge L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 06:54

We cannot be really sure of that, most scholars thought that Troy was a legend with no ground on eality before Schliemann.However, I too read of many radically different ideas about the real Atlantis. Sometimes ago an Italian proposed it was somewhere close to India, on lands that where slowly covered by see after the glacial age, when the ocean level rose (and probably that is the most likely way a continent can be submerged)

Edited by Serge L
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 14:38
Actually, a continent can be destroyed in hundreds of ways but none of them are... hmm... ((forgot the **** word=))
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 20:21
It is like the quest for the Holy Grail.  The quest will always continue.  The quest, not the finding, is the important thing for all of us.
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

vagabond View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote vagabond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 00:32

Apart from a few points I'm ready to believe the whole thing - let's see:

I don't buy into the Gods having children by mortals - kings having divine right to rule due to divine descent is an invention of those very kings to perpetuate their own power.

I don't buy into the angry gods destroying cultures and lands - in fact - I don't buy into the whole idea of angry gods.  I call stories like that mythology - the use of anthropomorphic images to define an otherwise unexplainable cosmos to ignorant and superstitious people.

Geologists and many, many scuba divers have long since disproven any thought of any ancient ruins existing anywhere in the Bahamas - it's an oft repeated fallacy.  The Bimini case in particular has been given particular attention and been disproven many times over. 

Plato was (as is stated above) writing allegorical fiction.

Edgar Cayce was a psychic healer, spiritualist and prophet who claimed that he could project astrally and talk to the dead - perhaps not the first person to consult as an archaeological source.

And that leaves???  OOH - maybe I'm not ready to believe the whole thing. 

http://kjmatthews.users.btopenworld.com/cult_archaeology/los t_continents.html 
http://jcolavito.tripod.com/lostcivilizations/id23.html
http://jcolavito.tripod.com/lostcivilizations/id20.html
http://skepdic.com/atlantis.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

Where does this stuff keep coming from?

Edited by vagabond
In the time of your life, live - so that in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it. (Saroyan)
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 08:18
Originally posted by Mustang

The great flood is even depicted in the Bible.

The great bible flood was in 4004 BC, nowhere near the last ice age, which you ae referring to.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 10:13

You bet!

Atlantis was Thera! Most of the things matches, even the description of Platon of a ring of water.

I don't know why people insist in looking for that city in other places when, as far as most people knows, it was already found.

Pinguin
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 14:43
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Originally posted by Mustang

The great flood is even depicted in the Bible.

The great bible flood was in 4004 BC, nowhere near the last ice age, which you ae referring to.

uhhh no... 4004BC was supposedly the date of the creation of the world, as calculated by the bishop of Armagh in the 17th century. The date of the flood would have been closer to 2790BCE, as explained in the Bible. Besides, there is no scientific evidence for such a flood, aside from the Black Sea Deluge theory. This is all conjecture, hearsay, wishful thinking and plainly speaking pseudo-science.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 16:30
Originally posted by pinguin

You bet!

Atlantis was Thera! Most of the things matches, even the description of Platon of a ring of water.

I don't know why people insist in looking for that city in other places when, as far as most people knows, it was already found.

Pinguin

Not Thera, time is wrong and you forget one thing, the caldera that is now filled with water, that makes everyone think of Atlantis, was, prior to the eruption, a mountain, a volcanic mountain with a crater at the top.  Plato gives 9,000 years before him, Thera was no more than 1,000-1500.   Also, no great plain and no ten kingdoms. Keep looking.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 16:38
Plato exagerated a little bit. After all, he wasn't a mathematician but a "soft" phylosopher.

Why continue looking for the Atlantic in the middle of the Atlantic ocean? That's just pseudo-history. The more likely is that certain historical event it was distorted and magnified by legend.

Pinguin
 Post Reply Post Reply