Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red Clay's Views on The Current Situation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Clay's Views on The Current Situation
    Posted: 16-Mar-2019 at 13:29
Those who know me are surprised I have been quiet for the last year or so. Dealing with my wife's illness and then with her passing last December, absorbed most of my energy and free attention.

Some of what I write will upset some and others will agree, good. I hope it will cause replies and comments.

It has been a trend to criticize and condemn anyone who openly protests for a multitude of reasons, but mainly racism, Trump, Police and the chaos that presently exists.
The person in the WH calling the free press the "enemy of the people", and other outrages.

My father was Gunner's Mate on the LST 758 which was involved in the Iwo Jima landings. [And several others]
The 758 landed on the 3rd day. Dad witnessed the flag raising on Suribachi, the 2nd flag came from the 758. He had a deep reverence for the flag as a result.

During the Vietnam era, folks, knowing his background would attempt to troll him on the protests, flag burnings etc. His response wasn't what they expected.
"We fought a war to defend and protect the rights in the Constitution.
Freedom of speech, Freedom of the press etc.
Anyone who attempts to denie or suppress those rights disrespects and dishonors those men and women who fought and died.
I may not agree with what they say or how they express it, but I fought to defend their right to do it and would gladly do it again".

Dad passed Jan. 2015 at 93, as much as I miss the man, I am thankful that he didn't live to see Trump hugging the flag, I would have been mopping up puke for days.

Red Clay,3/16/2019

Edited by red clay - 16-Mar-2019 at 13:42
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2019 at 16:07
Trump is really losing it. In a speech yesterday, he stated that Wind power is dangerous, and that "Windmills cause cancer".

Blowhards, not windmills, are dangerous.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2019 at 23:35
It is strange and unbelievable USA to accept and tolerate this kind of person for such a long period of time.
Na"De"Na"J=From Worshiping =Praising God-Compensation=Refund=Tax-Bank=Money=Cash=Coin originated-positioned-suited... Population=People-Mortality=Lethality-Action=Activity=Business=Trade=Culture(Ja)
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2019 at 01:00
Sorry about your wife Red!Take care about you!
Na"De"Na"J=From Worshiping =Praising God-Compensation=Refund=Tax-Bank=Money=Cash=Coin originated-positioned-suited... Population=People-Mortality=Lethality-Action=Activity=Business=Trade=Culture(Ja)
 Post Reply Post Reply