Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Murder rate in the last years of Weimar Republic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Murder rate in the last years of Weimar Republic
    Posted: 26-Jun-2018 at 09:45
There is a documentary "war time Crime", that may cover some of this.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2018 at 02:00
There are well preserved archives.Just ask them.RegarSmileds.

Edited by medenaywe - 16-Jun-2018 at 04:00
Na"De"Na"J=From Worshiping =Praising God-Compensation=Refund=Tax-Bank=Money=Cash=Coin originated-positioned-suited... Population=People-Mortality=Lethality-Action=Activity=Business=Trade=Culture(Ja)
ilCreatore View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ilCreatore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2018 at 08:18
Hi!

I am writing a paper about mortality during the last years of Weimar Republic, namely 1928-1933. Presenting the data in Berlin, scholars were struck by the figures about people dead by murder and manslaughter (Mord und Totschlag in German) because they seem really high. During the period 1927-1937, homicide rate has its peak at 1.9 every 100,000 people in 1932, which reported to Germany entire population of that year is around 1249 murders in a year.

However, even if 1.9 seems to be a small figure, it was not the case at that time because I found that Germany was the second country in terms of murder rate below Italy.

Moreover, I made a Google search about murders in Weimar Republic and I actually found out that high level of crimes were mostly perceived rather than actual. Indeed, there has been three serial killers during that period and a bunch of political murders but nobody consider the numbers particularly astonishing.

Is anybody aware of sources (even in German) where I can get information that confirm or not my understanding? Or is anybody aware by itself of the criminal framework of the last years of Weimar Republic?
 Post Reply Post Reply