Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buyeo Pung

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buyeo Pung
    Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 17:11

Hello. I cannot find the reason that Buyeo Pung was "hostage" in Japan during the 7th century. Could someone explain why, and the background of Pung's Japanese experience?

Thanks

nagaeyari

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 19:22
Does Pung's "exile" have anthing to do with his brother Yung trying to become king?

Am I reading too much into this?

Thanks

nagaeyari
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 21:42
Hm..the only thing I know about this fellow is that after the fall of Baekje, he returned to his lands to try and ressurect the dyansty.  Don't no much beyond that.  Sorry.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2005 at 21:55

I have finally found the following:

Buyeo Pung's father sent him to Japan in 631, to try, along with Koguryo, to ensure Japanese protection upon a possible Tang invasion.

Thanks,

Nagaeyari

Edited by nagaeyari
 Post Reply Post Reply